John Carver accuses own player of getting sent off on purpose

BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,278
Forum Member
✭✭
Carver has accused Williamson of getting send off on purpose as a ban will keep him out of the relegation battle.

If he hasn't already lost the dressing room he certainly will with comments like that, so unprofessional and embarrassing. As a Newcastle fan I don't think Williamson is anywhere near PL quality but it's absurd to think he would get sent off on purpose.

The Newcastle circus continues...

Comments

• Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably the best thing for Newcastle now is to move this guy on and let someone else have a go for the final three games.
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been a while since I said it but they're back in the newcastlol era >.>
  • Tusk0312Tusk0312 Posts: 4,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    has Carver taken any responsibility during his tenure or does he just keep heaping it on the players?
  • Eddie hunterEddie hunter Posts: 4,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was slating Carver in the neutrals thread, this puts the tin lid on it, the most out of his depth manager since that guy at Wolves a few years back.
  • daicolldaicoll Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    Newcastle to go down and Carver to be the worse manager of Newcastle in history
  • clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    Shocking behaviour from a manager.

Even if he thinks Williamson got sent off on purpose theres no way he should say it
  • apaulapaul Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    Gutless players and not so much a bad manager as no manager at all. A toxic combination.
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just out of his depth.
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is not doing himself any favours fpr future job references
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What an absolutely unpleasant figure. Not only is he doing an overall shit job at managing his team, he's now coming out in public and destroying his players. He simply doesn't know how to manage a football team.

I hope for Newcastle's sake he gets given the boot. At this point, they'd be better off if bloody Fabricio Coloccini managed them.
  • SattregaSattrega Posts: 85,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    What an absolutely unpleasant figure. Not only is he doing an overall shit job at managing his team, he's now coming out in public and destroying his players. He simply doesn't know how to manage a football team.

I hope for Newcastle's sake he gets given the boot. At this point, they'd be better off if bloody Fabricio Coloccini managed them.

He was mentioned when Pardew saw the light and left. In hindsight he couldn't have done any worse.
  • ErythroleukosErythroleukos Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I were Mike Ashley is be getting rid tonight. I don't think there's a chance that Newcastle will get a point again this season with him in charge.
    There has to be someone, anyone, who can run for three games. Even if it's Shearer again.
  • celesticelesti Posts: 25,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe Kinnear's phone is currently ringing off the hook.
    Forum Member
    John Carver drinks in a pub near me, for a couple of weeks now he's been saying that Ashley's told him that the jobs his next season....
  • ErythroleukosErythroleukos Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol :D
  • Barney06Barney06 Posts: 123,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Carver should not take all the blame for today's limp surrender , two mindless red cards are the players fault , plus a lack of fight in the last how many games . Then you have Ashley it's a poisonous mix .
  • djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clm2071 wrote: »
    John Carver drinks in a pub near me, for a couple of weeks now he's been saying that Ashley's told him that the jobs his next season....

Are you John Carver? I doubt he's said this
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigBmad wrote: »
    Carver has accused Williamson of getting send off on purpose as a ban will keep him out of the relegation battle.

If he hasn't already lost the dressing room he certainly will with comments like that, so unprofessional and embarrassing. As a Newcastle fan I don't think Williamson is anywhere near PL quality but it's absurd to think he would get sent off on purpose.

The Newcastle circus continues...

Is it?
    Forum Member
    djfunnyman wrote: »
    Are you John Carver? I doubt he's said this

Lol, no. Only passing on what I've heard. On his performance so far you've got to wonder what he's got to do to get the sack
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    Is it?

Yes, I am not a fan of Williamson but to suggest he would get sent off on purpose is over the top. Stupidity yes, on purpose not at all
  • Jason CJason C Posts: 31,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even Paolo di Canio didn't do this.
  • Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    Why would a player want sent off to miss a relegation battle? An early summer holiday? Because his confidence is in tatters (if it's that bad why is he playing)?

I can't see what he is alleging. (I should probably watch the video.)
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Barney06 wrote: »
    Carver should not take all the blame for today's limp surrender , two mindless red cards are the players fault , plus a lack of fight in the last how many games . Then you have Ashley it's a poisonous mix .
    There's not taking the blame and then there's slating your players in public, even accusing one of getting deliberately sent off.
  • PeePee Posts: 8,154
    Forum Member
    I don't see the problem, to be honest. Players pick up deliberate yellow cards all the time, I can't see how it's beyond the realms of possibility for Williamson to knowingly have got himself sent off. If the manager believes this to be the case, I've no problem whatsoever with his saying so.
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,875
    Forum Member
    Mackay did accuse Williamson of pretending to be injured so he could miss a game and get a move when they were at Watford..

I haven't seen the incident - players do daft things which make you wonder what they were thinking though.