LA - advice- going tomorrow!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
Forum Member
Nothing like a last minute panic!

Off to LA in the morning (Yey!!!). But can seem to find a definitive answer on car seats?

I have a 5 year old who needs a booster here, but on various websites it says that boosters are only needed upto age 4? On the same page it says they must be tall enough to sit properly on the seat.

Obviously I'm not going to mess around with my daughters safety but also don't want to carry a car seat in baggage all the way if I don't need to.

Any Advice is appreciated- in Florida we bought a car seat for $15 dollars at Walmart, are they still as cheap?

Comments

• CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the Car hire companies will supply you with what you need for a small charge.
  • John259John259 Posts: 28,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect the law might vary between states. I found this information specifically for California on http://www.dmv.org/ca-california/safety-laws.php :
    "As of January 1, 2012, all children must ride in car seat or booster seat until they are at least 8 years old or at least 4 feet 9 inches tall. In addition, all kids younger than 8 years old, must be secured in the back seat."

Have a great trip, don't forget to visit an In-n-Out :)
  • Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Centaurion wrote: »
    All the Car hire companies will supply you with what you need for a small charge.
    With Hertz it's around $12/day, soon mounts up if you're there a while.
  • John259John259 Posts: 28,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Take several candles and your 'mourning' suit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    thanks guys - yes the hire car company want $18 a day - for 2 1/2 weeks - a bit harsh!!

Will see if we can squeeze it in the baggage or will buy one out there.

EXCITED!
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    TBH you'll be better off just buying one out there, then just leaving there when done. The prices these companies charge for extra items such as child seats, sat navs is nothing short of robbery.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    TBH you'll be better off just buying one out there, then just leaving there when done. The prices these companies charge for extra items such as child seats, sat navs is nothing short of robbery.

yeah we probably will do - if there is room in the case we'll take it, if not we'll buy one.