Options

The Flash UK Pace

Comments

• Options
    ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Sylva wrote: »

Just a quick question for the comic book readers about the Flash. Does he have to slow himself down quite abit to just keep up to speed with normal people or is his natural speed that of humans?

I don't remember the question being raised in the comics (not that I've read any for 30 years or so!). However, as far as the show is concerned it seems pretty clear that it is a conscious decision to speed up, not slow down.
  • Options
    cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This whole Flash/Arrow crossover is great but I'm proper confused as to the order I'm now supposed to view them in.

So Flash vs Arrow is watched, as is the Arrow episode directly after. Sky however then showed the mid-season finale of Arrow (not seen it yet) directly after then crossover. In my mind I should be watching the as yet unaired, mid season finale of The Flash before the Arrow one. Is this the case? or does the fact Sky showed them back to back mean it's safe to watch the Arrow one before the Flash one?

Ta
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cat666 wrote: »
    This whole Flash/Arrow crossover is great but I'm proper confused as to the order I'm now supposed to view them in.

So Flash vs Arrow is watched, as is the Arrow episode directly after. Sky however then showed the mid-season finale of Arrow (not seen it yet) directly after then crossover. In my mind I should be watching the as yet unaired, mid season finale of The Flash before the Arrow one. Is this the case? or does the fact Sky showed them back to back mean it's safe to watch the Arrow one before the Flash one?

Ta

I've seen the mid season finale of Arrow and it is safe to see. There was one thing that I noticed in Arrow that points at Flash but it was a blink and you would miss it and doesn't give anything away
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I saw the bit in Arrow but it doesn't give anything away about tonight mid season finale more than you already know from the episode title

I am really looking forward to tonight's episode though!
  • Options
    newyorkcitygirlnewyorkcitygirl Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok so I'm confused. Is Wells the reverse flash then, or does he just control him, or something else??
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Ok so I'm confused. Is Wells the reverse flash then, or does he just control him, or something else??

In the comics it's Eddie but as we saw both together it can't be.

But like The Flash in the comics there is more than one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Actually in the comics Eobard Thawne is Reverse Flash and is from the future.So Harrison Wells could be Eobard Thawne from the future and would explain how he could be in two places at once if he can time travel

If Wells is Eobard Thawne then that would make him a future relative of Eddie Thawne as well

I get the feeling that Cisco comment about there being two speedsters when Barry mum got murdered could be hinting at Barry traveling back in time to stop the reverse flash

I hope that makes sense as I get the feeling that time travel could be an important part of the future episodes of The Flash
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    Actually in the comics Eobard Thawne is Reverse Flash and is from the future.So Harrison Wells could be Eobard Thawne from the future and would explain how he could be in two places at once if he can time travel

If Wells is Eobard Thawne then that would make him a future relative of Eddie Thawne as well

I get the feeling that Cisco comment about there being two speedsters when Barry mum got murdered could be hinting at Barry traveling back in time to stop the reverse flash

I hope that makes sense as I get the feeling that time travel could be an important part of the future episodes of The Flash

I always got the impression that Eddie could be involved some how.
    Also the bit about the 2 speedsters made sense but when Wells added the techyon sp?? device the yellow suit pulsed yellow and red
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great episode, in fact its been a great series so far.

I'd already seen a pic of Wells and the suit (via The Flash FB page - that'll teach me! lol) so I had my suspicions, but the rest of the ep. it still came as a surprise. In fact the final reveal was a surprise really. Especially when he spoke like Barry.

Looking forward to the rest of the series now.
  • Options
    wolfukwolfuk Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    Once at the start of the show should be enough, not every ten minutes. If you stumble across a wildlife documentary halfway through you might watch the rest of it but how many people are going to wander in halfway through an action show and stay to the end when they've missed the first half and therefore don't know the plot or what's going on in that particular episode? It's the same with FOX insisting on stating "This programme contains scenes of violence and horror" after every break on The Walking Dead.

What if you stumble on the programe between (ie during break)
  • Options
    Nicola37Nicola37 Posts: 2,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really enjoying The Flash and agree it seems a lot lighter and more accessible than Arrow and it seems the ratings reflect this. I know The Flash outperforms Arrow in the US and has done since its premiere but thought the numbers would be a lot closer here but the same pattern has emerged.
    The Flash has been posting anywhere up to 1.6 million consolidated with its lowest consolidated figure 1.3 million.
    Arrow`s highest consolidated is around the million mark but it's lowest is 776,000 and is behind Five O and Modern Family most weeks in the weekly ratings chart.

I wonder why the discrepancy? I adore both shows but maybe people do find Arrow too dark/ heavy going. Perhaps it's the character himself being more popular, prior to the shows starting I knew of The Flash as a standalone comic book character but only knew of Green Arrow through the Smallville incarnation and got the character mixed up with Green Lantern.
    Both shows are doing great though here for multi channel performances and along with the veteran Supernatural, holding up the CW network in the US.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if Mercury Labs was a nod to Max Mercury, another DC Comics speedster
  • Options
    stafsstafs Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am surprised nobody has noted this episode not only had the original TV Flash in it but also his partner Amanda Pays playing a character with the same name as her original character, Dr Christina McGee (or Tina as she was known). That was a nice nod I thought.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^Who did the original TV Flash play in this cameo?
  • Options
    stafsstafs Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I thought that was widely known so did not elaborate. John Wesley Shipp plays Barry Allen's father.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    stafs wrote: »
    Sorry, I thought that was widely known so did not elaborate. John Wesley Shipp plays Barry Allen's father.

Funnily enough he voiced Professor Zoom (one of the Reverse-Flashes) in an episode of Batman; The Brave and The Bold
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wonder when Sky will announce when The Flash is returning to Sky 1 as it starts in the US on the 20th January so I would expect it return to Sky at the start of February so hopefully we will hear something from Sky soon!
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Plus Dominic Purcell will be joining the cast and teaming up with his Prison Break brother Wentworth Miller as Heat Wave.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Might have already been posted, but The Flash has been renewed for a second season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Plus Dominic Purcell will be joining the cast and teaming up with his Prison Break brother Wentworth Miller as Heat Wave.
    He appeared in the ep that introduced Captain Cold, at least his voice did :) Also Robert "T-Bag" Knepper appeared in an earlier episode playing Clock King who had previously appeared in an episode of Arrow
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Great to see The Flash renewed for a second season even though we all expected it to happen!
  • Options
    natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky one have announced The Flash will return on Tuesday 10th February so that'll be 3 weeks behind the return in the states which isn't too bad I suppose!
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    natalie77 wrote: »
    Sky one have announced The Flash will return on Tuesday 10th February so that'll be 3 weeks behind the return in the states which isn't too bad I suppose!

its good news as it should blast through the last US break

i still have 1 episode to go before i catch up so not a long break for me either which is good, dunno how you guys can wait like 6-7 weeks between episodes!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Three weeks is about right, as I'd imagine there's probably another break before the end of the season, so we might manage to skip it.