Arsenal Supporters Thread (Part 5)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,799
Administrator
Tel69 wrote: »
Well played to you for your perserverance!! I'm guessing yoiu're in the upper tier for that one but being there is the main thing. Sasly I won't be this year as wifey is due to give birth around that time and has banned me from attending after last years 12 hour bender that followed our victory.:D

It's a lovely day for going to a game and I'm sure the clock end will be quite lively this afternoon as both sets of fans share witty banter with each other.
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1252630

Comments

• AJ WheelsAJ Wheels Posts: 2,758
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      When is Gilles Sunu going to break through?
      Is he at all close? Or just going to be a loan out player then eventually sold to West Brom or something?
    • bling crosbybling crosby Posts: 602
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      wigan at home in carling cup quarter final .
    • naveennaveen Posts: 652
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      wigan at home in carling cup quarter final .

Finally a home game after 5 away
    • cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I'm confident about today.

West Ham play a pretty open game, are dodgy at the back and should be at least 3 down by half time.
    • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
      Forum Member
      I'm not confident :( Still 0-0
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      West Ham ran their socks off in that half to stop us playing. We still had the vast majority of posession.

They'll tire after an hour - as many teams do. You have to be pretty special and very fit to run as much as they have for 90 minutes.
    • rufnek2k6rufnek2k6 Posts: 4,188
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      cosmo wrote: »
      West Ham ran their socks off in that half to stop us playing. We still had the vast majority of posession.

They'll tire after an hour - as many teams do. You have to be pretty special and very fit to run as much as they have for 90 minutes.

This.

So far we've been pretty decent, can't see WH defence holding up for the second half. All we have to do now is remain focussed and not get frustrated. 3-0
    • yakutzyakutz Posts: 10,996
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Yeah, we've been on top so far, but they've worked very, very hard to defend very efficiently. I expect we'll get a goal within the first 20 minutes of this half as they begin to tire.
    • ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      rufnek2k6 wrote: »
      This.

So far we've been pretty decent, can't see WH defence holding up for the second half. All we have to do now is remain focussed and not get frustrated. 3-0

I bet you thought the same against WBA. Arsenal always do this.
    • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      At bloody last.

Alex Song. Phew.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,563
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      That's Goal Machine Alex Song to you.

Massive credit to Clichy's right footed delivery too, was perfect.

Phew indeed.
    • naveennaveen Posts: 652
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Credit to Green for keeping us out for so long, thank goodness that Song has decided to become an attacking midfielder!
    • rufnek2k6rufnek2k6 Posts: 4,188
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      ustarion wrote: »

Not quite, IIRC WBA were playing decently in the first half too and we weren't all over them unlike today. Even in second half it was clear they were up for it, and we just lost focus.

Well, todays game may not have been as easy as we would have liked it, but it was definitely a deserved win. Their defending was, as expected, pretty shocking in the second half. The only reason they were still in for so long was a combination of luck and Green having the game of his life.

Also, City lost :D
    • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Draw at Old Trafford would be nice.
      Would prefer a Spuds win really but there's no way I'm wishing for that.
    • TironTiron Posts: 8,080
      Forum Member
      A spanking brand new thread. Thanks DS Support!

Whoa, that was one huge 'phew' game in the end. I was so tensed and nervous right through it but oh so glad we won. And with a clean sheet to boot as well! :D

Laugh out loud at Man City. I thought our win last week was all a fluke because they were one man down blah blah...?
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      ustarion wrote: »

Like we did it against Man City you mean?

Well pleased with the win today. We had a few of these types of games last season where we banged on the door for 90 minutes and came away with 0-0 or even a 1-0 loss. Let's hope it'll be different this season.
    • ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      cosmo wrote: »
      Like we did it against Man City you mean?

Well pleased with the win today. We had a few of these types of games last season where we banged on the door for 90 minutes and came away with 0-0 or even a 1-0 loss. Let's hope it'll be different this season.

You mean 10 man Man City?

I mean, Arsenal always go on these excellent runs and then a team you expect them to beat comfortably we make it squeaky bum time. All the same, it was nice that we forced the win.
    • ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
      Forum Member
      we've only got one Alex Dimitri Song-Billong, brilliant. I was 'watching' on yahoo live and I thought it was going to be 2 points dropped for sure.
      Wikipedia says Song has 27 brothers and sisters :-O We could have a teamsheet of Songs ;-)

Plus Clichy's cross - I like Clichy so am pleased for him too.
    • ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
      Forum Member
      just seen your post Tel on the old thread. I've only ever watched 1 game from anywhere other than up in the top tier. I don't mind (atmosphere's not as good obviously) as you can usually see well.
      This ticket is right on top on the corner flag, but I'm going and as long as we win, that's all that matters.
      Cesc looks to be out for another spell with his hamstring though
    • DirtyBarrySpeedDirtyBarrySpeed Posts: 1,561
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      At this moment of time I probably rate Arsenal as the second best team in the league.

Wenger's signings over the last few years have been unparalleled.

Vermaelen, Chamakh, Nasri, Arshavin, Sagna, Ramsey.
    • Tel69Tel69 Posts: 26,994
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      just seen your post Tel on the old thread. I've only ever watched 1 game from anywhere other than up in the top tier. I don't mind (atmosphere's not as good obviously) as you can usually see well.
      This ticket is right on top on the corner flag, but I'm going and as long as we win, that's all that matters.
      Cesc looks to be out for another spell with his hamstring though

I prefer sitting upstairs as you get a better appreciation of the game plus the stewards have turned sitting downstairs into an art form.:rolleyes:

Yesterday contained the 1st stranger hugging moment of the season when Song scored as it looked as though it just wouldn't happen for us. Green had his customary good game against us, Parker and Noble were superb for them but they parked the proverbial bus and made life difficult. Nobody stood out in terms of performance but Denilson and Arshavin had poor games and deserved to go off. Cesc wasn't great either but thats understandable if his hamstring is playing up.Fabianski had little to do but looked comfortable.

I had the misfortune to sit next to their fans yesterday and after hearing 30 renditions of bubbles and last at the library, 1st at the emirates I was bloody delighted when the goal went in. Sadly our support was awful and made no attempt to sing the irons fans.3 points however is 3 points.
    • Red OkktoberRed Okktober Posts: 10,434
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      At this moment of time I probably rate Arsenal as the second best team in the league.

Wenger's signings over the last few years have been unparalleled.

Vermaelen, Chamakh, Nasri, Arshavin, Sagna, Ramsey.
      I wouldn't say they were unparralled signings by any means - plenty of better players have been bought by other teams. Vermaelen is possibly the pick of those you mention. Chamakh is unproven, Nasri is just becoming good after an indifferent start while Arshavin seems to be going the other way. Sagna is just ordinary and definately not an 'unparralled signing' and Ramsey, although full of promise, is pretty much unproven too

On what they have achieved so far I would give that batch of players a 7 out of 10 as a group.
    • COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,102
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      really pleased to read that Wilshere has signed a new deal
      http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_6481228,00.html
    • bling crosbybling crosby Posts: 602
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      will it be cheaper/gen sale tickets for the league cup v wigan game ?
    This discussion has been closed.