Options

Will Cheryl release any more songs from A Million Lights?

Sarah.OXSarah.OX Posts: 1,204
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I absolutely love A MIllion Lights and it is Cheryl's best album to date imo. SO many amazing songs that would be absolute smashes if they were relased I think! Sexy Den A Mutha and Girl In The Mirror would definitely chart well! Also does anyone know if Screw You is still being releaed?

I still think it's a shame Under The Sun didn't get the chart placing it deserved.t was an amazing song with a great video to go with it. A perfect summer tune so why didn't it chart well as well as it could have? Lack of promotion/wrong release date?

A Million Lights is an amazing pop album with brilliant tunes,I still think a few more singels could be squeezed out but that's entriely up to Cheryl. I'd be kinda disappointed if CMN and UTS are the only singles released from this area but oh well,they're both great songs :)

Cheryl possiblty just relased 2 because of the Girls Aloud reunion. I'm just wondering if Scew You is still going to be released now or have plans to relase that been abandoned?

Cheryl's performing 2 weeks time at the Capital FM Christmas time Jingle Bell Ball so we'll probably get some info then as she'll surely be performing Scew You along with Call My Name/Under The Sun...can't wait :D

Comments

• Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt they are still releasing Screw You, Girls Aloud have a second coming out soon so it definitely won't be this year.

Kimberly is apparently releasing a solo album early next year, so perhaps Cheryl will quickly get a single in there. And if it was me choosing I think the best chance of a big hit would be Sexy Den A Mutha, radios would definitely love it, and its a big enough song that it would get peoples attention again after the long gap between singles.

She is performing on the Saturday solo and then again on the Sunday with Girls Aloud. Does anyone know how many songs most acts sing?

Also for those interested, Cheryl's concert is being shown tonight (Sunday) on ITV2 at 11:30pm.
  • Options
    wonderwall2012wonderwall2012 Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    Cheryl is such a lazy popstar

Only 2 singles from both of her last two albums.
  • Options
    gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    The most frustrating thing about that record is that there are so many potentially great singles (Sexy Den A Mutha, A Million Lights, Last One Standing, even Mechanics of the Heart) all sitting completely underused. This era could have been huge if it was handled properly, but it all seems to have gone a bit wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She should have released Sexy Den A Mutha and Ghetto Baby and then I don't know, but I think A Million Lights, Last One Standing, Mechanics Of The Heart, Screw You could all do well as singles too.

Listening back to it just now it really is a strong album with plenty of single choices, shame the GA reunion was this year which halted this album prematurely.
  • Options
    vagbreathvagbreath Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sexy Den A Mutha deserves a single release.
  • Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    Sexy Den a Mutha is too generic to be a hit. Screw You would be a good single choice though, she should've released it instead of Under the Sun, I think it would've gone top 10.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Nothing was great this time around sadly
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Sexy Den A Mutha NEEDS to be released, that could be a worldwide hit its amazing. Screw You should've been released but then the GA reunion happened...
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i too think `sexy den a mutha` is wasted as an album track. she`s not really being that lazy this time around with the tour just finishing and the girls aloud reunion straight afterwards. besides, it would be the labels decision to pull the plug like they did the last time around.

it is a shame this time around, because there are good songs going to waste. whereas, last time around the label were right to halt further releases, she just would have flopped harder.:o the timing with the girls aloud reunion has been poor. the label should have released her album in february or march at the latest and had more singles.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems this era is over. She seems so lazy. She has done two singles and a tour, all in less than six months. She seemed so keen to finish this era.

People moaned about Katy perry doing the teenage dream for two years but it least it showed how passionate she was. Something I don't believe Cheryl is.
  • Options
    gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    It seems this era is over. She seems so lazy. She has done two singles and a tour, all in less than six months. She seemed so keen to finish this era.

People moaned about Katy perry doing the teenage dream for two years but it least it showed how passionate she was. Something I don't believe Cheryl is.

I don't think it's Cheryl's fault her schedule worked out this way with the GA reunion/the Katy comparison is a liittle unfair - Cheryl's not a global popstar who does 100+ dates, and I think 3 or 4 singles is pretty much the optimal amount from any given album, so if she carried on at the rate she was going before the reunion she'd definitely hit that. I would kind of disagree about the passion thing too, she's seemed so much more passionate about this album than anything she's done in years, it was so nice seeing her so animated and cheerful about things.

I do think it's a shame things are winding down now though, I hope she manages to release at least one more song somehow before this era ends.
  • Options
    tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Sexy Den A Mutha' would be a brilliant single. Yes, it's generic, which is why it would chart well.

I also love 'Ghetto Baby'.

I agree that 'A Million Lights' is probably her best album to date (and a good album overall).
  • Options
    Sarah.OXSarah.OX Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would LOVE if Sexy Den A Mutha got released,it'd be a smash! Needs to happen! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl is such a lazy popstar

Only 2 singles from both of her last two albums.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcmxr8AvXw1rdooa0o1_500.gif
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    next single from the album should be 'A Million Lights' if it was to be released for Christmas .... supported by a high profile XF performance (final show)? Perhaps?
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    'Sexy Den a Mutha' would work as an early January release with a killer video
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sexy Den A Mutha and Screw You Should be released

Girl In the mirror I think could have worked as a single, and also Craziest Things.
  • Options
    CloudbusterCloudbuster Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The album is dead in the water and a third single will not refloat it
  • Options
    tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Sexy Den A Mutha' needs to be the final single!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope she does release more, according to this article their is a chance she will release more when Girls Aloud tour is over.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/going-out/music/cheryl-cole-postpones-release-of-single-1477276
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This era is done -

Call My Name #1
    Under The Sun #13

A Million Lights #2
  • Options
    Sweet7Sweet7 Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She should have released Sexy Den A Mutha as an uncencored version, gives the fans a motive to buy it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This era is done -

Call My Name #1
    Under The Sun #13

A Million Lights #2

You never know, she could come back with a repackaged album or just try releasing another single after the tour.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    A music video for Ghetto Baby exists on Youtube so I wonder if that will be the next single or will it be released in the UK at all?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A music video for Ghetto Baby exists on Youtube so I wonder if that will be the next single or will it be released in the UK at all?

I doubt it will be released, when she tweeted about it she said she just done it for an exclusively for Rankin.

I do think that it was perhaps a way to help bridge the gap between the singles, stop the gap feeling so long.