Buying Xbox One + accessories

SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Although I was going to wait till Xmas I'm now seriously tempted to go out and get the Xbox One as soon as I get paid at the end of the month.

What are the cheapest places to buy the console and accessories at the moment?

I'm thinking I'll want the following as a minimum:

Xbox One console + wireless controller
Play & charge kit
Chat headset
Kinect TV mount

Comments

• gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although I was going to wait till Xmas I'm now seriously tempted to go out and get the Xbox One as soon as I get paid at the end of the month.

What are the cheapest places to buy the console and accessories at the moment?

I'm thinking I'll want the following as a minimum:

Xbox One console + wireless controller
    Play & charge kit
    Chat headset
    Kinect TV mount

make sure you have a decent internet connection
    you need a play and charge kit
    it comes with a chat headset

:)
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    make sure you have a decent internet connection
    you need a play and charge kit
    it comes with a chat headset

:)

Thanks for your pointless reply.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your pointless reply.

i think you find that i have answered your questions ..

that you will need a play and charge kit, you do get a chat headset and be sure to have more than 1 meg or whatever so you can actually play a game within 24 hours..(actually i just pointed that out..);-)

unless you want my opinions on mounts for kinect....??

HAL9000 has been disconnected, it dying words were "daisy, daisy.."
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think you find that i have answered your questions ..

that you will need a play and charge kit, you do get a chat headset and be sure to have more than 1 meg or whatever so you can actually play a game within 24 hours..(actually i just pointed that out..);-)

unless you want my opinions on mounts for kinect....??

HAL9000 has been disconnected, it dying words were "daisy, daisy.."

Not really, you were being sarcastic and you knew fine well what you were doing.

OT: Amazon sells the XBO for the same price as the PS4 at the moment, with Titanfall included.

You, obviously, don't need the play and charge kit as you can just use normal batteries, however it's currently 19.99 in GAME (same price pretty much everywhere - but at least you'll get reward points!) . The headset you get with the XBO is fine, isn't great but it'll do. I don't find it the most comfortable thing ever, but it does it's job. There is a stereo headset from Microsoft, otherwise you'll need the XBO Headset adapter.

If I'm not mistaken (although could of just ended...), Game currently have buy one get one free on their Gameware range. Doesn't seem to be available on their website though. They also have an XBO pack, that includes their own range play and charge kit, kinect mount and some other goodies (can't recall what else), but this isn't on their site either and I can't recall the price :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=brb;72234376]Not really, you were being sarcastic and you knew fine well what you were doing.

OT: Amazon sells the XBO for the same price as the PS4 at the moment, with Titanfall included.

You, obviously, don't need the play and charge kit as you can just use normal batteries, however it's currently 19.99 in GAME (same price pretty much everywhere - but at least you'll get reward points!) . The headset you get with the XBO is fine, isn't great but it'll do. I don't find it the most comfortable thing ever, but it does it's job. There is a stereo headset from Microsoft, otherwise you'll need the XBO Headset adapter.

If I'm not mistaken (although could of just ended...), Game currently have buy one get one free on their Gameware range. Doesn't seem to be available on their website though. They also have an XBO pack, that includes their own range play and charge kit, kinect mount and some other goodies (can't recall what else), but this isn't on their site either and I can't recall the price :([/QUOTE]

not at all..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not at all..

Yes you were as you completely didn't answer the main question.

1. I have a decent internet connection. I assume this was a dig after everyone on the other thread telling you that your internet connection was a problem.
    2. I know I need a play and charge kit... that's why it was in my list!
    3. I know it comes with a chat headset, which is also why it was in my list of the minimum I would require.

I wasn't asking what I would need.
    The list was what I said I was going to buy as a minimum (+ games obviously) and I wanted to know the current best places to buy them cheaply hence the question indicated with a question mark in the OP:

"What are the cheapest places to buy the console and accessories at the moment?"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The play and charge kit is a must have. It's well worth it.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    When you girls have stopped swinging handbags at each other, check out hotukdeals to see what's on offer £349 seems to get you a good bundle. Might not have everything you're looking for but check Amazon for the rest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    When you girls have stopped swinging handbags at each other, check out hotukdeals to see what's on offer £349 seems to get you a good bundle. Might not have everything you're looking for but check Amazon for the rest.

well worth it..
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some good offers around at the moment for the Xbox

Just seen in town from an independent game shop

Xbox One & game for £320.00

Shop around some good deals about.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the Kinect 2 TV mount, do they have an official one yet? If not, which one are people using?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the Kinect 2 TV mount, do they have an official one yet? If not, which one are people using?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8N72t7aScY
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I have one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ORB-Kinect-Camera-Clip-Mount/dp/B00GH7UCJ4/

It was the only thing available at launch.

There are others available that look the same but have different branding.

PDP now does an officially licensed one with a bit that can cover the camera if you want:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TV-Kinect-Mount-Officially-Licensed/dp/B00FYMTUQY/
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    I have one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ORB-Kinect-Camera-Clip-Mount/dp/B00GH7UCJ4/

It was the only thing available at launch.

There are others available that look the same but have different branding.

PDP now does an officially licensed one with a bit that can cover the camera if you want:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TV-Kinect-Mount-Officially-Licensed/dp/B00FYMTUQY/

I don't know how good the orb mount is. But I treated myself to the officially licensed one the moment it came out and I have found it a great great mount I really like that the camera is secured using a screw tread to the device and that the package includes a camera cover.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im not sure if you do need the plug and play kit straight away?

I bought one when i got my Xbox One in the UK but i forgot to bring it back to the Netherlands with me. I used batteries for a couple of months ad was genuinely surprised at how long they lasted (Duracells).

If money is tight then maybe leave the kit for a later purchase?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geordiesi wrote: »
    Im not sure if you do need the plug and play kit straight away?

I bought one when i got my Xbox One in the UK but i forgot to bring it back to the Netherlands with me. I used batteries for a couple of months ad was genuinely surprised at how long they lasted (Duracells).

If money is tight then maybe leave the kit for a later purchase?

I may just do that. After all it's more money to go towards a game.

I think the Orb one is the mount my friend has.
    The PDP looks like the one to go for though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got my xbox one Christmas Eve and bought a play and charge kit about 3 weeks later. I play on my xbox one most days for hours and have imli charged it 2 or 3 times.