How many more times with c**t?

SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
Forum Member
✭✭✭
How many more times before ofcom comes in? Helen should be thrown out .

Comments

• Helsbels46Helsbels46 Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sexbomb wrote: »

Please please please 🙏
  • Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whats wrong with C*** ? its no different from sh** f*** etc ...
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who cares ? geez it's just a word, you ain't going to be mentally scared by it. They gave out enough warnings for it during the ads. Also you can't kick someone out for saying c**t, people are allowed to say it.
  • BobbyMcGeeBobbyMcGee Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ****y thing to say
  • BobbyMcGeeBobbyMcGee Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't see the big offendce with the word every woman has one
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    Oh get over it. It's not that offensive and isn't any worse than other swear words. If you hate it so much, complain yourself you whopper.
  • MissDeeBlueMissDeeBlue Posts: 4,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bread1 wrote: »
    Oh get over it. It's not that offensive and isn't any worse than other swear words. If you hate it so much, complain yourself you whopper.

say it to your parents or any elder, and see their response !
  • detroit citydetroit city Posts: 3,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they're all cants
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member

:confused: A warning of 'Very Strong Language' was given. Watch, don't watch, the choice is yours.
  • BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Why do people get offended by it. Jeez it's just another swear word .
  • TourmTourm Posts: 1,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is the most offensive swear word to me. We are all offended by different things and more accepting of others. Saying get over it isn't very mature.
  • PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

why would I say it to my parents, they are not *****? :D
  • patricia50patricia50 Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whats wrong with C*** ? its no different from sh** f*** etc ...

Yes it is
  • Brutal TruthBrutal Truth Posts: 559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It used to be a swear word that had real impact when using it as it was rarely spoken -certainly on tv.
    But nowadays every c**t is using it.
  • planetmattplanetmatt Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tourm wrote: »
    It is the most offensive swear word to me. We are all offended by different things and more accepting of others. Saying get over it isn't very mature.

No, actually getting over it is more mature.
  • B L ZeebubB L Zeebub Posts: 9,134
    Forum Member
    I find it offensive that a word for female genitalia is considered more offensive than the words for male genitalia.

It's so queynte.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    It used to be a swear word that had real impact when using it as it was rarely spoken -certainly on tv.
    But nowadays every c**t is using it.

...:D....

That really made me laugh. I'm not sure what it is about the word. It certainly makes me flinch/cringe a bit but not as much as it used to. I think the fact that it's becoming more widely used has lessened the impact a little. Whether that's a good thing or not I'm not sure.

I'd be interested to know why historically it has become such a shocker - lots of other words are out there which describe the same thing but don't have the shock value.

I'll be honest - years ago the word pratt was used to describe the same female parts (at least where I grew up) - all of a sudden in the eighties it became a kind of endearment with very little negative connotations. I can't use that word flippantly or lightly and I still flinch a bit when I hear it. Where I grew up it was on a par with the C word.
  • Cara-maeCara-mae Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it very offensive,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    I'd be interested to know why historically it has become such a shocker
    Quite simply, as you say in the rest of your post, these things just shift around over time. When religion had more of a grip, the words considered worst were any that involved blasphemy, and good old Anglo Saxon words like the C word were just everyday rudies which have always been about pee poo willy bum drawers, ie: our most base, first chakra concerns.

Gosh = God's shit

Golly = God's legs

Gadzooks = God's hooks (the nails through Jesus's wrists and feet)

(Berk = Berkeley Hunt, rhyming slang, by the way)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gropecunt_Lane
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BobbyMcGee wrote: »
    Don't see the big offendce with the word every woman has one

Yeah, but my husband has learned when to shut up.
    Forum Member
    B L Zeebub wrote: »
    I find it offensive that a word for female genitalia is considered more offensive than the words for male genitalia.

It's so queynte.
    It is a bit Kunta Kinte, perhaps. Perhaps it's an indictment of our society's deep set misogyny, or perhaps it's just a brilliantly explosive word to say. Certainly if you call someone a kn*b or a d*ckead it's more belittling in tone. C U Next Tuesday is more powerful. You could choose to see it that way.
  • cressida100cressida100 Posts: 3,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The c*** word is SO offensive (IMO). :(
  • cressida100cressida100 Posts: 3,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just realised I am probably classed as an 'elder' which may be why I hate it so much :D. It still shocks me to hear it used so casually.
    Forum Member
    The c*** word is SO offensive (IMO). :(
    Have you ever stopped to consider WHY that's your opinion? Or do you just go "I'm offended, end of, the world must stop turning and language must stop evolving, for I have taken offence"?
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    YesNoMan wrote: »
    It is a bit Kunta Kinte, perhaps. Perhaps it's an indictment of our society's deep set misogyny, or perhaps it's just a brilliantly explosive word to say.

It is isn't it? Years ago I had a friend who I thought was really rather refined/classy - I was a little in awe. We were on our way back from a PTA meeting in the car when we were stopped and she was brethalysed. The Police were incredibly patronising and complete tossers.

As they walked away she just said C**. I completely lost it - a hysterical and ice breaking moment. That was almost thirty years ago - she now lives in another country but we remain very good friends.

A powerful word - weird thing to say but it changed our whole relationship.