Sound Issues on Sky and Freesat

djc45djc45 Posts: 217
Forum Member
Hi,
Has anyone else had problems recently with sound dropping out for a short time every so often? I also occasionally get a brief blank screen then the image comes back, but most of the time the sound just goes silent for a couple of seconds, then comes back.

I seem to be getting the on both my freest hdr and the 2tb Sky box. I'm using audio over hdmi to the TV in both cases, Freest is on a different TV, so unlikely to be a TV issue.

I was wondering if it could be anything to do with the warm weather, or whether it is some issue at the dish end.

I appreciate any advice.
Thanks
Duncan

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have sound issues on the odd occasion and have a 2TB box (however its an older skybox that was upgraded to 2TB, not one supplied to me by Sky). I eventually found with mine that it only occured after using the fast forward x 30 speed.

Sounds like a different issue to yours as i cant say i have noticed the screen going blank and it happens no matter what the weather is like.
  • djc45djc45 Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    So I was mistaken, the Freesat box seems fine, it is only the Sky box. It only seems to be doing it intermittently over HDMI to the tv, and not over optical to my av receiver, if that sheds any more light on what the cause might be.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I've had two Toshiba tvs have sound problems with HDMI and Sky.

The first needed a firmware update.
    The second just needed to tv to reset to factory settings.

So look into those issues.
  • richardcdonrichardcdon Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i have a 2tb box and the sound drop out on that all the time mtv hd is the worst, (i would like to point out that i dont personally watch mtv the wife does :D)