Options

is donna the first child actor to grow up in a soap and get killed off

gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
Forum Member
✭✭
not sure what the actress name is, but i think its pretty sad they are killing of a character that has been played by the same actress from a young child, it would be like killing sonia off eastenders or sally off home and away and dont anyone dare say lucy beale lol the actres was only here two years.

Comments

• Options
    ArthurJBearArthurJBear Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Mathew and Emily Farnham in Brookside
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gentleguy wrote: »
    not sure what the actress name is, but i think its pretty sad they are killing of a character that has been played by the same actress from a young child, it would be like killing sonia off eastenders or sally off home and away and dont anyone dare say lucy beale lol the actres was only here two years.

Verity Rushworth. She's played Donna since about 1998, after the character was recast. I don't think they'd kill off a character like Donna unless the actress wanted a permanent exit though. Maybe she just didn't want to return full time.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Rushworth didn't actually play her from childhood - she took over when Donna was about 14 - she was played by somebody else prior to that and of course has been absent for the past 5 years.

So, if we are including characters where there were gaps onscreen, Susan Barlow Baldwin in Corrie and Billie Jackson in EastEnders all featured as children and killed off as adults. And of course Lucy Beale on EE a few months ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Rushworth didn't actually play her from childhood - she took over when Donna was about 14 - she was played by somebody else prior to that and of course has been absent for the past 5 years.

So, if we are including characters where there were gaps onscreen, Susan Barlow Baldwin in Corrie and Billie Jackson in EastEnders all featured as children and killed off as adults. And of course Lucy Beale on EE a few months ago.

well i guess 14 is young enough yes she did have a 5 year absence but still she was originally on for ten years and i said i will not include lucy beale im speaking about actors. im not sure who susan barlow is but was she played by the same actress?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mathew and Emily Farnham in Brookside

same actors as well? also from what age to when?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    well i guess 14 is young enough yes she did have a 5 year absence but still she was originally on for ten years and i said i will not include lucy beale im speaking about actors. im not sure who susan barlow is but was she played by the same actress?

Yes she was although she did have a lengthy absence - was featured from being born until she was about 6 (when her screen mother died and was sent to live with grandparents) and then returned 15 years later aged 20. She was Ken Barlow's daughter, Peter Barlow's (who is still in the show) twin sister.
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Has the actress who plays Belle Dingle been the same one all the time?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    same actors as well? also from what age to when?

I think they were the same actors from first appearance but they weren't that old - young teens at most.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Has the actress who plays Belle Dingle been the same one all the time?

No, she changed when she was about 8 I think. She has been there a long time though.
  • Options
    pixxyypixxyy Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because child actors get recast quite often, it's quite a rare thing.
    only ones I can think of are Robin in General Hospital ( but she ended up being alive lol)
    & Cassie on Young & The Restless, as she was played by Camryn Grimes for 8 years, and I think the character was 14/15 when killed off
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Billie in EastEnders. When he came back for one episode he was played by a different actor but when he came back again the original actor who played him as a child resurrected the role and was then killed off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Yes she was although she did have a lengthy absence - was featured from being born until she was about 6 (when her screen mother died and was sent to live with grandparents) and then returned 15 years later aged 20. She was Ken Barlow's daughter, Peter Barlow's (who is still in the show) twin sister.

oh ok kl.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Billie in EastEnders. When he came back for one episode he was played by a different actor but when he came back again the original actor who played him as a child resurrected the role and was then killed off.

i forget about billie as his gap was too big. and i remember he was played by bluey robinson in 2004.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    If tom Cunningham gets killed in hollyoaks anytime soon him as he was only a few weeks old when he first appeared (the actor and still plays him today)
  • Options
    abbottababbottab Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Donna was originally played by Sophie Jeffery from 1993 to 1997. The actual character is the second longest serving in the show at the moment, her debut before the plane crash.

She seems to attract trouble. She was trapped in a barn at home farm during the plane crash, was nearly run over by the Sugdens tractor and was shot in the face with a gun by her brother Scott, this all before Verity took over. Then, when she did, she was in the hit and run story envolving the school teacher and the first Eve Jenson (Edna's granddaughter) had a relationship with Robert Sugden and fell in love with Marlon Dingle.

...and some call her boring.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abbottab wrote: »
    Donna was originally played by Sophie Jeffery from 1993 to 1997. The actual character is the second longest serving in the show at the moment, her debut before the plane crash.

She seems to attract trouble. She was trapped in a barn at home farm during the plane crash, was nearly run over by the Sugdens tractor and was shot in the face with a gun by her brother Scott, this all before Verity took over. Then, when she did, she was in the hit and run story envolving the school teacher and the first Eve Jenson (Edna's granddaughter) had a relationship with Robert Sugden and fell in love with Marlon Dingle.

...and some call her boring.

why do emmerdale always kill off or axe the longest serving women im noticing a pattern.