Options

Best Breakfast Shows?

2»

Comments

• Options
    MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris Moyles.... also I am full of admiration at him raising over £2.6m for charity last week! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    Hirsty, Danny and JoJo (Galaxy 105 - yes that's deliberate!) ;)
  • Options
    djgeezadjgeeza Posts: 1,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elvis Duran and the Morning Show.
    Although it's more of a midday show for us, but it still pees all over most UK breakfast shows.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think most radio, at breakfast or other times, is inane and of limited merit.
    However, I would listen to Alan Partridge on any show. If anybody knows of a very similar real life version of him, please let me know where to listen.
  • Options
    Zeropoint1Zeropoint1 Posts: 10,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Chris Moyles Show with Comedy Dave! They both have a love and passion for radio that the average DJ struggles with, though I guess most of them are "limited" in what they do by management...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    Hi graham dean when he was on smooth radio
    nigel williams jazz fm breakfast 6 00 to 10 00 on jazz fm d a b
    or localy
    johnnathan israle sat /sunday on the local hospital radio in barnet
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    Ditchy and Salty all the way, always make my laugh on the way to work.

I use to love Kev Seed on City back in the day but Simon Ross does not do anything for me so I switched from City around the time Kev, Glen and Scott left and have stuck with Real NW since.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    A lot of love for The Chris Moyles Show in this thread - gets my vote too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris Moyles for me too! For local radio, I like Des and Jenny on Capital.
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicky Campbell and Shelaugh Fogerty for me.

Can't stand Moyles.

Evans, I'm kinda neutral on, but I used to enjoy Terry Wogan.

Reading that post back, I sound old, I'm only 30!
  • Options
    Mrs_Stig24Mrs_Stig24 Posts: 4,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm amazed at all the love for Moyles here, usually whenever I venture into threads like this I mention his name and all hell breaks loose! Things seem to have changed :)

No surprises that my vote goes to The Chris Moyles Show :D Chris and the team make me laugh every morning and long may it continue!
  • Options
    jmezjmez Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Chris Moyles..the best broadcaster around at the moment..streets ahead in fact.
  • Options
    jolly turnipjolly turnip Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moyles again.

Not trying to be entertaining - natural - unlkie most commercial stations I have heard.

Struggling when he is off - tend to end up with 5 Live or BBC local as a contrast.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    It's the Chris Moyles show for me as well.
  • Options
    96.6TFM-Sean96.6TFM-Sean Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    Tom Davies @ Breakfast returns on Star Radio North East very soon, replacing Mark Thorburn who is now Drive on Sun FM...Nick Jordan is currently covering Breakfast untill Tom joins from GMG's Real Radio North East.

Wow thats good to hear.

I loved Tom @ Breakfast. Will have to check it out on my Drive up the A1.

Thanks
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Go to be Moyles!

This week with Scott Mills has re-affirmed my adminiration for Moyles; Scott interviewed someone from Glee the other day (I think) whereas Moyles laughs in the face of Glee, usually via Aled.

So when Chris is away, it's the TV in the morning and CD's on the way to work
  • Options
    AmaraAmara Posts: 5,376
    Forum Member
    Simon Bates on Smooth over the likes of the dreadfull duo of Moyles or Evans anyday.

OK so Moyles did well & raised a lot of money that dosn't make his awful breakfast show any better.
  • Options
    ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    Go to be Moyles!

This week with Scott Mills has re-affirmed my adminiration for Moyles; Scott interviewed someone from Glee the other day (I think) whereas Moyles laughs in the face of Glee, usually via Aled.

So when Chris is away, it's the TV in the morning and CD's on the way to work

Gotta agree with this.

When Moyles is away, I usually tolerate Mills, just because I can't be bothered switching over and because I like waking up to the radio, but this week he's been more unbearable than ever, with some rubbish amateur sidekick called Smooth Dan (or something??) on the go helping him out - I've resorted to Five Live!

The only person who can even try to do Moyles justice when he's away is Sara Cox. She's so much different from her original breakfast days, and really gets into the spirit of the Chris Moyles Show, rather than just doing her own show with a Moyles banner, like Mills does.
  • Options
    puddytatpuddytat Posts: 6,351
    Forum Member
    Nicky Campbell and Sheelagh Fogarty, no contest. They make such a good team, sorry sheelagh's moving timeslots, but wish her well, she'll be missed in the morning.:(