TV shows built around clips from movies

BlizzardUKBlizzardUK Posts: 4,965
Forum Member
✭✭✭
One of my fave films is Duel, and today I was watching an episode of The Incredible Hulk on Netflix and 50% of it is footage taken from Duel. All the scenes from a trucker chasing a car are from Duel, which is a lot of the episode, and it has obviously been set out since day one like that because the truck used is the same type and colour as the one from Duel, the red car is the same too, and the bad guy who drives the red car is a David Mann clone. Also because in the episode 2 people are in the car, they are often either made to bend down to look in the glove compartment for bullets or they get pushed down out of sight, just so the copied footage retains 1 person visible in car. It is ludicrous, I could understand them using footage if needed as an afterthought, but to actually plan the episode from day 1 with stolen/borrowed footage is bad, we are also not talking a couple of minutes, it must be around 15 minutes or more of the episode. Then to top it all off the scene of the truck and car going over the edge is also included.

Did anyone else notice this ? Has it occured to this extent in other TV shows ? I have seen some borrowed footage before, but never more then about 2 minutes.