James Arthur leading Sun winner Poll

Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
Forum Member
By 16% (over 6000 votes), Jahmene second, Chris third:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/4678586/Who-do-you-want-to-win-X-Factor-2012.html

Over 40,000 votes so far.

Comments

• BillyBoy7BillyBoy7 Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reminds me of the 'king has no clothes' story.
    James has no talent.
    Just because Tulisa keeps saying something, just to appear trendy, doesn't make it true.
    His own 'songs' on Extra were awful. Imagining listening to a whole album of that rubbish!:eek:
  • jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BillyBoy7 wrote: »
    James has no talent.
    Just because Tulisa keeps saying something, just to appear trendy, doesn't make it true.
    His own 'songs' on Extra were awful. Imagining listening to a whole album of that rubbish!:eek:

If he did win, Syco won't allow him to release any of his own songs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching James Arthur is like watching the launch of a REAL, AUTHENTIC, new URBAN ARTIST in a club in CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMDEN and Maverick Sabre and Example are probably standing next to you in the crowd because they know their REAL, AUTHENTIC, new URBAN ARTISTS in a club CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMDEN.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    BillyBoy7 wrote: »
    James has no talent.

try listening to him and his band's album and give some constructive criticisms. i'd like to hear them.

http://www.jamesarthurband.com/
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back in the day Gareth Gates won a Sun poll about the winner of Pop Idol - look what happened!
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Gill P wrote: »
    Back in the day Gareth Gates won a Sun poll about the winner of Pop Idol - look what happened!

Was that an online poll or a commissioned one?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    Good for him! He's the only original artist left who puts his own spin on everything he sings.
    As for the cruise ship crooner, is he really one of the top 3 singers in our country.....god help us all !
  • rsefitpro07rsefitpro07 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the winner will come from James A and Jahmene. I can't see Chris winning, he will finish third!
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Good for him! He's the only original artist left who puts his own spin on everything he sings.
    As for the cruise ship crooner, is he really one of the top 3 singers in our country.....god help us all !

None of them are, but none of them ever have been.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    He is horrible. I would much rather suffer Chris than him!
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,502
    Forum Member
    Gill P wrote: »

Ah the Gareth vs Will 1st ever Final was and always will be the best IMO.

It was so close all the way through and I rember we were constantly trying to vote for Will and the phones being engaged due to the demand etc.

Then Will Won and it was all :D:D:D - especially as Cowell was pushing for a Gareth win.

This final really is sh!t in comparison
  • hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully either him or Jahmene will win but I pretty much think that Chris will win and has done so from when he was picked to be the wildcard.
  • MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes - there is a gap in the market following the sad loss of Max Bygraves. Des O'Connor (80) and Ken Dodd (85) are still hanging on though.
  • bettingcriticbettingcritic Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    James wins every poll, James is rated by real artists, James is rated by all judges, James has the highest view counts on youtube, twitter, facebook. but people think it's just some fantasy that he can sing.
    Cracks me up.
    Jahmene is a lovely guy LOVELY GUY! and he has his style, but he's a work in progress, he'd need maybe 2 years working on an album to get it right. Having seen some of James songs hes already done he could release an album tomorrow. and chris lets be honest he is not a real artist, he is a decent singer of power ballads.
    But James is a rival to an ed sheeran to people out there.
    It is not trying to force him on people, i can understand not everyone likes his style, but when you look past any faults or things you do not like, he really has a distinct great voice and can do pretty much anything.
    Most importantly, he's current and would sell records.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How long have you been listening to music? One week, two weeks, three weeks? I don't mean to sound patronising though I'm sure that this does, sorry. You really, really need to get out there and listen. If you think that this guy has any originality or has ever put his own 'twist' on anything, you have a lot to learn. In fact you have more than a lot to learn. You're lacking even the basics.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James wins every poll, James is rated by real artists, James is rated by all judges, James has the highest view counts on youtube, twitter, facebook. but people think it's just some fantasy that he can sing.
    Cracks me up.
    Jahmene is a lovely guy LOVELY GUY! and he has his style, but he's a work in progress, he'd need maybe 2 years working on an album to get it right. Having seen some of James songs hes already done he could release an album tomorrow. and chris lets be honest he is not a real artist, he is a decent singer of power ballads.
    But James is a rival to an ed sheeran to people out there.
    It is not trying to force him on people, i can understand not everyone likes his style, but when you look past any faults or things you do not like, he really has a distinct great voice and can do pretty much anything.
    Most importantly, he's current and would sell records.

What does being 'a lovely guy' have to do with it? When I listen to or buy music, I don't choose it on the basis that I think the artist is 'a lovely person'. So why should choosing an X-Factor winner be any different?

The problem I have with this year's contestants is that none of them have made me sit up and think "Wow!" Those with decent voices have either shouted, mumbled or warbled their way through songs and we've had songs being slowed down to the point of being unrecognisable in order to be suitable to contestants' performance style. Where's the entertainment? Where are the upbeat songs? Where is the happiness? We've got a final consisting of credible James, squeaky Jahmene and the Anti-Chris!:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    What does being 'a lovely guy' have to do with it? When I listen to or buy music, I don't choose it on the basis that I think the artist is 'a lovely person'. So why should choosing an X-Factor winner be any different?

The problem I have with this year's contestants is that none of them have made me sit up and think "Wow!" Those with decent voices have either shouted, mumbled or warbled their way through songs and we've had songs being slowed down to the point of being unrecognisable in order to be suitable to contestants' performance style. Where's the entertainment? Where are the upbeat songs? Where is the happiness? We've got a final consisting of credible James, squeaky Jahmene and the Anti-Chris!:rolleyes:

Because to win a contest like the x-factor you have to be likeable to an extent, or people don't vote for you! I agree with you really but that's just how it works.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,105
    Forum Member
    I think James is the one the show is secretly hoping wins, to bring something different and 'credible' to it.

However, then Simon will get his grubby mitts and cliche-ridden brain on him and squeeze any unique quality he ever had out of him and we'll be back to where we started.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love James but really really dont want him to win. He will be stuck with Syco who are useless Look at how they are managing Leona they had a few good songs on here album that could have been hit single but they release what I call album songs instead. And that didnt help sell the album at all.

So for me I want James to be able to have a chance to have a few offers from different labels and pick what would be best for him. And for that to happen he need to come 2nd or 3rd.
    Forum Member
    hitnmix wrote: »
    Love James but really really dont want him to win. He will be stuck with Syco who are useless Look at how they are managing Leona they had a few good songs on here album that could have been hit single but they release what I call album songs instead. And that didnt help sell the album at all.

So for me I wont James to be able to have a Chance to have a few offers from different labels and pick what would be best for him.

Syco could end up signing him anyway. They haven't done a bad job with labrinth who also is with syco.
    I think people are over egging their influence, with someone like James you let him do his own thing, if they ruined him they'd ruin their own credibility.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Syco could end up signing him anyway. They haven't done a bad job with labrinth who also is with syco.
    I think people are over egging their influence, with someone like James you let him do his own thing, if they ruined him they'd ruin their own credibility.

The problem with that is labrinth was already an established singer-songwriter and record producer having worked with some top names before he signed with Syco. So he was not the type of act you could say right your going to change, James on the other hand does not have that to fall back on.
  • duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James wins every poll.

Except the one that actually counts. He's the only one of the final three to have hit the bottom 2 and had to be saved by the judges.
    Forum Member
    duncann wrote: »
    Except the one that actually counts. He's the only one of the final three to have hit the bottom 2 and had to be saved by the judges.

Is that ironic or something?

That's the only one that doesn't matter right now. Past votes are irrelevant
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duncann wrote: »

he wasn't saved by the judges... they went to deadlock.
  • Mr Hunny BunnyMr Hunny Bunny Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wouldn’t read too much into it.

“people” who read the Sun shouldn’t really be considered people at all tbh