The most excited you have been about a game

Comments

• ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Halo 3

Good choice, considered the best game on the 360.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    Giddy, nearly faint worthy. Most excited I've been over a game. There's been a few, Watch Dogs and The Division for the next gen.
  • WillbertWillbert Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guild Wars 2.

Having played the original for 7 years or so, I had pre-ordered and done the odd Beta. I got up at 5am on the day of early-access just to roll my character.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me, probably Star Wars: Galaxies. It was and is the only MMORPG I really got into. I built my PC at the time to ensure I could run it on the highest settings.....weeks of tweaking memory timings and OC'ing the CPU (probably an AMD Athlon, 2800+, Barton core) and GPU (probably an ATI Radeon 9800pro) was well worth it when I entered the lush landscapes of Naboo, Corellia, Tatooine, etc. for the first time!

I, like others, left the game in droves after the infamous and ill-fated CU.

I'm tempted to give the SWG emulator a go as it's a pre-CU version of the game. Anyone tried it?
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lies! What version?

Not lies.
    I was excited about the Commodore 64 Bubble Bobble,the Amiga one and more than excited when I found the follow ups on Mame.
    (am I allowed to say mame ?)

No other game has made me happier.
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    34 years old and I still get that buzz with the likes of GTA5 and Skyrim, and I'm flippin stoked with hype for the PS4 launch.

Nothing, however, will ever reach the heights of how I felt when I went to Woolworths with months of saved-up paper-round money to buy my SNES with Super Mario World. I can still remember the smell of the polystyrene, the feel of the fresh plastic case of the console, and the buzz I felt when I booted up SMW for the first time in my bedroom, the first time I'd actually been allowed a TV in my room!
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not lies.
    I was excited about the Commodore 64 Bubble Bobble,the Amiga one and more than excited when I found the follow ups on Mame.
    (am I allowed to say mame ?)

No other game has made me happier.

The remake on the xbox was a disaster. The collision detection and the enemy not going into a bubble as it leaves your mouth makes it unplayable. The useless bastards.
  • LathamiteLathamite Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Super Mario Bros 3. Glimpses of it feature-length advert/movie The Wizard and THIS campaign: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrATmeFoJPE meant I was suitably hyped up for its release.

Wikipedia tells me it actually came out at the end of August 1991 (a ridiculous THREE YEARS after the Japan release), but I would still have to wait until Christmas before I got to play it.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lathamite wrote: »
    Super Mario Bros 3. Glimpses of it feature-length advert/movie The Wizard and THIS campaign: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrATmeFoJPE meant I was suitably hyped up for its release.

Wikipedia tells me it actually came out at the end of August 1991 (a ridiculous THREE YEARS after the Japan release), but I would still have to wait until Christmas before I got to play it.

Ah the wizard. How did he know how to find that flute? Impossible.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas on the PS2.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    Rockstar ate my hamster. Happy days.
  • AsmoAsmo Posts: 15,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jet Set Willy, or possibly Tomb Raider 2.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Super Mario 64 without a doubt.

I'd long been a Nintendo fan thanks to the NES and SNES etc, but this was very different. It had to mark a sea change over to a new way of 3D gaming. After Super Mario World, I honestly couldn't see how they could do this or hope to better it.

Me and a mate went out to a local Toys R Us as soon as they got an N64 in store to play. I had to contain my excitement just going in to the store to see it. And there it is. I could not believe it even existed. I couldn't believe that moving some sticks and buttons on a pad was making Mario do ALL THIS STUFF!! I couldn't believe that I was controlling what amounted to a cartoon realised in glorious Nintendo-vision. It absolutely blew me away. I ran straight off and pre-ordered it with SM64, Pilotwings, and Wave Race 64. Stood in the queue on launch day (still the only console I ever queued for!), and then spent the next several years still in awe of Nintendo and Super Mario 64.
  • PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skyrim. Played it non-stop the first weekend, barely slept or anything. Never been so hyped for a game before, but never been so disappointed too. The game was great, but the trash PS3 port was a killer. Played it so much leading up to Christmas 2011 that afterwards I was burnt out with gaming full stop :D
  • kerrminatorkerrminator Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Target Renegade on the speccy. After the huge success of the first one it couldnt come out quick enough :)

Getting my 1st amiga (for about 500 quid on hp aswell )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Skyrim
  • ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Championship Manager 2 on the Amiga, had it on order for months, maybe a year even. Then it turned up, how quickly all that anticipation died when I found out it was an awful shoddy mess of a port.
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GTA 4 was the game that I was most exited about. The only game that I've gone to a supermarket at midnight to get.

It was also the most disappointing game I've ever bought.
  • VegetaVegeta Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am the same as the op, I bought the Snes with street fighter bundle when it reduce to £100 at woolworths. Bring back lots of great memories

As you get older and have money to spend on any game you want, you get less excited about them
  • mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SWOS. Also a massive let-down as it kept crashing on my 500+.

I ended up taking it back and just stuck to the original Sensi which is probably still my favourite game of all time (might get a few tuts round here of course!)
  • kerrminatorkerrminator Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mojobrew wrote: »
    SWOS. Also a massive let-down as it kept crashing on my 500+.

I ended up taking it back and just stuck to the original Sensi which is probably still my favourite game of all time (might get a few tuts round here of course!)

tut tut
  • the ocelotthe ocelot Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    When I got my Nintendo 64 and PlayStation for Christmas, coming with Mario 64 and Goldeneye 007, and Tomb Raider and Crash Bandicoot 2 respectively. I only became interested in gaming when the fifth generation with its 3D models really kicked off. Like the previous poster I was fascinated at how controlling character models with an analog stick would play out, and I wasn't disappointed.

Since then I can only think of Metal Gear Solid 2 that had me wetting myself in excitement, thanks in part to it having possibly the best E3 reveal/trailer, but also because I loved the original so much.
  • BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Last Ninja and California Games on the Commodore 64.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sims 2 (and all it's expansion packs) and The Sims 3. I really loved those games when I was a kid and got super excited for them, fell hook, line and sinker for them. Don't even want to think about all the money they made from me (and my parents haha). Even though I haven't played them in years, i'm still pretty interested in the up coming The Sims 4.

Now i'm more grown up, I still get excited for games, Tomb Raider, GTAV, Watch Dogs, but nothing will ever live up to that standard.
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Mario bros 3