Are you sick of reading about the dog act?

scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,378
Forum Member
I know I am. Poll to follow

Are you sick of hearing about the dog act? 68 votes

Yes
80% 55 votes
No
19% 13 votes

Comments

• lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes its a great dog act all that matters
  • Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. It's a load of nonsense; there is literally nothing wrong with what Jules did.
  • Nate_ThomasNate_Thomas Posts: 9,303
    Forum Member
    Hell yes there is more important things going on in the world than these stupid dogs.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.

Its turned a fun forum upside down and I'm sick of the magician's act too.
  • Sarah AnneSarah Anne Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. People are saying they've been robbed in broad daylight and it's just silly now. Some of the threads are going round and round in circles.
  • clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,643
    Forum Member
    Yes

Thanks for starting yet another thread about it
  • dragon_mutant1dragon_mutant1 Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Yes.

It's starting to get really boring now, don't people have something else to rant about???
  • pjc229pjc229 Posts: 1,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I'm still undecided and I'd like to hear more - a LOT more - from both sides so I can make a fully-formed opinion.
  • pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member
    I'm embarrassed more than anything. This is Great Britain. Where the winners of a tacky TV talent contest becomes news.
  • CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Jules hasn't done anything wrong yet she's being made out to be a criminal and had her win tainted:(. I feel very sorry for her, and it's a wonder anybody ever applies to go on anything that will put them in the eyes and at the mercy of the public. If they don't like you they go at you like a pack of hounds after a fox:o.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.
    I rather liked the act and I'm glad Jules and her dog's won. I don't feel cheated at all about the fact a Third dog was also involved. I blame the producers there.
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No . As someone who didn't watch the show I only became aware since it made headline news .

If you want my unbiased opinion it certainly was wrong to pretend before they performed, that only one dog was responsible for the act shown in the final .

Surely also Cowell and the other judges would know what was going on in the studio . The public only get shown what the producer wants to be shown .
  • Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    Paace wrote: »
    No . As someone who didn't watch the show I only became aware since it made headline news .

If you want my unbiased opinion it certainly was wrong to pretend before they performed, that only one dog was responsible for the act shown in the final .

Surely also Cowell and the other judges would know what was going on in the studio . The public only get shown what the producer wants to be shown .

But you will not be allowed that opinion. You will be told that you are wrong. You will be labelled a troll. Her fans won't be able to challenge your valid points...

...and then like on this very thread they will say they are sick of it as it's going round in circles. They just refuse to see that they are causing it to go round in circles.

It really is worse than One Direction's followers refusing to see any negative at all EVEA!
  • dellzinchtdellzincht Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paace wrote: »

You should probably watch the show before spouting your opinion of what happened, mate.
  • dellzinchtdellzincht Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You will be labelled a troll. Her fans won't be able to challenge your valid points...

Your points aren't valid though?
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...and then like on this very thread they will say they are sick of it as it's going round in circles. They just refuse to see that they are causing it to go round in circles.

When you have some valid points. Do let us all know.
  • pjc229pjc229 Posts: 1,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBF you're perfectly entitled to feel it was "wrong" to have two dogs playing the same character in different parts of the skit.

It doesn't mean anything though, other than that's your opinion. It doesn't mean anyone else should care, or that suddenly because of your opinion the competition is null and void, or basically anything.

Personally, I don't care. It was her dog, she trained it. It's not like it was a stunt dog that she had just hired for the part. That would have been over the line, I think we can probably all agree on that.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are dog acts popular in other countries' versions of the show or just in Britain?
  • Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    pjc229 wrote: »
    TBF you're perfectly entitled to feel it was "wrong" to have two dogs playing the same character in different parts of the skit.

It doesn't mean anything though, other than that's your opinion. It doesn't mean anyone else should care, or that suddenly because of your opinion the competition is null and void, or basically anything.

Personally, I don't care. It was her dog, she trained it. It's not like it was a stunt dog that she had just hired for the part. That would have been over the line, I think we can probably all agree on that.

And the point many of you fail every time to grasp is:

There is nothing at all wrong with having 'two dogs playing the same character in different parts of the skit'

What is VERY wrong is for it to be covered up and deliberately so. It was designed and executed to deceive - That is what is wrong. And that happened! The producers have admitted it. It's valid!
  • creasecrease Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    No , We need another 27 threads discussing whether we're sick of reading about it or not.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Certainly not,

Fiat justitia ruat caelum
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    Certainly not,

Fiat justitia ruat caelum

Illegitimi non carborundum!! :D
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Illegitimi non carborundum!! :D

Cave canem.;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    Cave canem.;-)

Lol :D
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. It was a crap act anyway and I couldn't care less if it was 1 dog, 2 dogs, 3 dogs or the entire cast of 101 dalmatians.

It was the wheeling out of the disabled dog that was her trump card anyway and the viewing public voted with their hearts rather than their heads.

As Paul Weller said 'the public gets what the public wants'