Options

cant pay ? benefits special channel5 9pm

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My family were made homeless when my husband was made redundant from the forces. Nobody did a damn thing for us.
  • Options
    DimsieDimsie Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are 1000s of migrants in Calias just waiting to come over her and up turn our lamp shades.

:D But seriously, this country simply can't afford all those wanting to come here. And all this putting them up in hotels and giving them spending money is totally crazy. Our priorities are all wrong. :(
  • Options
    gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    she needs to find a job in a town where she can afford to live

if shes a nurse shes able to do that

all these people deciding that they can live in one of the most expensive cities in the world

is ludicrus
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    rhumble wrote: »
    :D:D:D coming over here, and putting their lampshades upside down, its a disgrace :D:D

:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    DimsieDimsie Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My family were made homeless when my husband was made redundant from the forces. Nobody did a damn thing for us.

I'd have thought some of the ex-service organisations might have helped, but obviously not. You'd think someone who served his country would get some help when discharged.
  • Options
    Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm furious I missed this lampshade bit! >:( >:(>:( I might have to re-watch that on +1 :D
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she needs to find a job in a town where she can afford to live

if shes a nurse shes able to do that

all these people deciding that they can live in one of the most expensive cities in the world

is ludicrus
    But she is not being evicted because of rent arrears......she is paying rent in full....she is being evicted because the landlord wants the property back!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Torch81 wrote: »
    I'm furious I missed this lampshade bit! >:( >:(>:( I might have to re-watch that on +1 :D

:D:D:D its either on upside down, or a very odd shaped lampshade
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dimsie wrote: »
    I'd have thought some of the ex-service organisations might have helped, but obviously not. You'd think someone who served his country would get some help when discharged.

Unfortunately not. I am still waiting for a letter from the MOD that was promised us some asistance from years ago. Ended up sleeping 4 of us in one room at my parents and then stuck in temporary accomodation while they investigated whether we had made ourselves voluntarily homeless for 6 months.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    But she is not being evicted because of rent arrears......she is paying rent in full....she is being evicted because the landlord wants the property back!

Not really fair to include her in a benefits special.
  • Options
    ErinnaErinna Posts: 663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately not. I am still waiting for a letter from the MOD that was promised us some asistance from years ago. Ended up sleeping 4 of us in one room at my parents and then stuck in temporary accomodation while they investigated whether we had made ourselves voluntarily homeless for 6 months.

I hate the way ex-service personnel are treated. >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Erinna wrote: »
    I hate the way ex-service personnel are treated. >:(

We were offered a council house after 6 months and I am still there. Sadly my OH died some years back and for his 13 years service I get less than £40 a week widows pension. The MOD are useless at looking after people and I hate them. >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Torch81 wrote: »

Best bit of the show! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We were offered a council house after 6 months and I am still there. Sadly my OH died some years back and for his 13 years service I get less than £40 a week widows pension. The MOD are useless at looking after people and I hate them. >:(

Sorry to hear your OH has passed away and I can understand how you feel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Erinna wrote: »
    Sorry to hear your OH has passed away and I can understand how you feel.

Thank you :) Take care.
  • Options
    Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best bit of the show! :D

>:( Stop rubbing it in!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you :) Take care.

And you xxx
  • Options
    wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    r
    rhumble wrote: »
    I'm probably in a minority, but why even think about kids if you can't afford them :confused::confused:,

A lot of people don't think about kids, it's often a case of 'OMG I'm pregnant!'
  • Options
    roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How did they get a high court writ, if the rent was paid up to date.
    & very original post, where was the Father?
  • Options
    Debb1eDebb1e Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    r

A lot of people don't think about kids, it's often a case of 'OMG I'm pregnant!'

They would soon think about kids if they had to pay for them themselves! As far as I'm concerned, OK anyone can have an unplanned pregnancy and end up with an extra mouth to feed that they couldn't afford. Then that's where child benefit comes in.

But it's when people are knowingly and willingly dropping sprogs left right and centre, knowing that the State will pay for them that the problem arises. Stop child benefit after two children at the most, and just watch the pregnancy rates drop!
  • Options
    Jules_BaxterJules_Baxter Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Debb1e wrote: »
    They would soon think about kids if they had to pay for them themselves! As far as I'm concerned, OK anyone can have an unplanned pregnancy and end up with an extra mouth to feed that they couldn't afford. Then that's where child benefit comes in.

But it's when people are knowingly and willingly dropping sprogs left right and centre, knowing that the State will pay for them that the problem arises. Stop child benefit after two children at the most, and just watch the pregnancy rates drop!

I agree with you Debbie, there's too many dole wallahs that can't be bothered to even try not get pregnant because a) it saves them having to look for jobs and b) they know it's the taxpayers financial problem to pay for it! They are absolved from responsibility.

I feel sorry for Irica - I wish she would tell all the rest of Africa that life isn't a bed of roses in the UK! Irica seemed to have 3 or 4 kids and she learnt that in the UK it's not often practical for a single working mother to be able to afford to raise a a fairly large family!
  • Options
    roverboy1965roverboy1965 Posts: 1,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dimsie wrote: »
    I suppose waiting until they're evicted and thus homeless means they're a priority for getting housing of some kind? I hate to see people being upset and crying, I know how I'd feel if it was me.

If you leave your property for any reason but being evicted by bailiffs you are deemed by the council as intentionally homeless and they do not have to help you.

It's been said on these programmes before that the advice (even from the councils) is to sit tight until the bailiffs throw you out or you will get no help from anyone.
  • Options
    clickclickclickclick Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    some great posts in here
    well enjoy reading them

on a lighter note

on channel 5 plus 24
    its real channel :o

lampshade watch ;-)
  • Options
    Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member