Comments

• Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what??

cyclists getting run over
    :o
    Haha :D Yes, that came out wrong didn't it! Oops.
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    Haha :D Yes, that came out wrong didn't it! Oops.

on fire today..its Friday;-)
  • Options
    i am godi am god Posts: 733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    who needs superman not london
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's nice to read an uplifting story, thanks OP. Lovely to see the public united to help somebody.

It was saddening to read that 6 cyclists have died on London roads this year, with HGV's involved in all of them!
  • Options
    Evo102Evo102 Posts: 13,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    :confused: But DS General Discussion taught me that cyclists are worse than Hilter.

Were those who lifted the bus all cyclists?:confused:
    muggins14 wrote: »
    It was saddening to read that 6 cyclists have died on London roads this year, with HGV's involved in all of them!

An improvement on the number from this time last year, maybe some of them have learnt that it is not wise to undertake a left turning HGV and stayed alive as a result.

BTW re this unicycle case, I wonder how many people realise it is perfectly legal to ride a bike or unicycle on the roads that doesn't have any brakes?
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    An update.

'I'm lucky to be alive,' unicyclist freed from under bus in Walthamstow tells his friends
    A unicyclist rescued by heroic Londoners after becoming trapped under the wheels of a bus has told friends “I’m lucky to be alive”.

Father-of-two Antony Shields – a circus performer known by the stage name Wonder Nose – is well known in Walthamstow and has appeared on television and on stage.

He was almost crushed to death by the double-decker as he rode his unicycle through Hoe Street on Thursday, and was saved when a crowd of more than 100 passers-by gathered to lift the double decker off his legs.

Mr Shields, 55, is today set to go under the knife as surgeons try to repair damage to his legs and feet.

His flatmate Mohamad Rodwan, 49, said last night: “He is okay and he will have his operation today.

“The top half of his body is okay but the lower half isn’t so good. I was expecting to see half a man but he was in good spirits. He is just grateful to be here and lucky to be alive.