Options

Songs that have been ruined for you

13»

Comments

• Options
    highwayman_nehighwayman_ne Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    The new Lynx Black advert has completely ruined Guns n' Roses Welcome to the Jungle. Worst cover ever.
  • Options
    ~*~Jess~*~~*~Jess~*~ Posts: 4,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Universal by Blur. I absolutely loved it for years, could have listened to it for years to come until those adverts used it. Think it was British Gas. Now I can't even think about listening to it! Grr.
  • Options
    lollipop1995lollipop1995 Posts: 2,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy by Pharrel Williams. GOOD GOD, surely the most overplayed song of 2014! I'd even say one of the most overplayed songs ever. I used to love it when it first came out and now I actually just can't listen to it when it' comes on now!
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Living next door to Alice by Smokie. Once you hear the Roy Chubby Brown additional lyrics you will always hear them when the original is played.
  • Options
    Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let It Go. Never seen Frozen but I'm fed up of hearing that song all the time. Even Collabro sung it on their album. It's being treated as if it's this iconic song from a musical but it's not. It's a recent song from a Disney film.
  • Options
    CupidStunt2010CupidStunt2010 Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That buddy holly song with the fap fap fap sound in it :D
  • Options
    grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "The Sopranos" "Rock of Ages" and "Family Guy" all made use of "Don't Stop Believin'"
    long before "Glee" did. It's a fairly common song in US media- it'll survive being
    on "Glee".

To be honest I don't even think it's their best song. It's popularity because of glee was overkill and killed it for me. I by far prefer Separate ways
  • Options
    grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Msi covering spirit of radio by Rush. Got to be heard to be believed
  • Options
    Neil_NNeil_N Posts: 6,026
    Forum Member
    Not so much "ruined" as in destroyed or cringe made, but I can't listen to without blubbing due to the loss of someone close to me suddenly seven months ago who passed on at the age of 32.

"Goodbye My Lover" by James Blunt - played at his funeral
    "Bright Eyes" by Art Garfunkel - If you actually listen to the lyrics it's about death and reminds me of what happened.
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eva Cassidy singing Fields of Gold being used by a cancer charity in an advert. Loved the song, but now it conjures up the sad images in the ad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    "Hit Me Baby One More Time" by Britney Spears - my aunt ruined it at her attempt of humour by singing "hit me baby one more time, before I call the coppers". Me and my sister always cringe when we hear it.
  • Options
    johnythefoxjohnythefox Posts: 1,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grazey1985 wrote: »
    To be honest I don't even think it's their best song. It's popularity because of glee was overkill and killed it for me. I by far prefer Separate ways

Agreed. I have 'Sepertate Ways' as my ringtone..Sad, I know. Actual favourite track is 'Edge Of The Blade' though

I can't listen to 'Forget Me Nots' without thinking of the scene in Phoenix Nights when Jerry St Clare sings "C'Mon Get yer' black bin bags...." while working in Asda :D
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Impossible by Shontelle.

Excellent song. Easily one of the best ones for 2010. But then James "Mumblefgghm" Arthur had to completely destroy it with his version. Absolutely horrible. Completely shit compared to the original.
  • Options
    creasecrease Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    Go Go Power - Sugarpie De Santo , on that PITA Insurance advert
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    Impossible by Shontelle[...]James "Mumblefgghm" Arthur had to completely destroy it with his version. Absolutely horrible. Completely shit

Amen to that!

Shontelle herself once tweeted 'SMH' (Shaking my head) in response to someone saying James' version was the best.
  • Options
    woofwoof77woofwoof77 Posts: 2,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't stop believing

https://youtu.be/Gx2ulZRTXes

The Big Brother crew ruined it for me in 2010
  • Options
    zsb37105qtyzzsb37105qtyz Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Uptown Funk = It was OK at first but I simply detest it, way overplayed
    Dark Horse = Same as above

Also DJ Snake = Turn Down For What and Duck Sauce = NRG are brilliant songs but their videos are horrible so I have to change channel if they come on
  • Options
    belly buttonbelly button Posts: 17,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't really like 'Hit Me Baby One More Time' by Britney Spears although I admit it's a good pop song, but whenever I hear it I always think of that ridiculous rendition by Darius.

Ohhh me too. I think that is the most cringeworthy thing I have ever or will ever see. Wish you hadn't reminded me of it as I can see him doing all the arm actions now ! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen - ruined by THIS cover:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkXKUDEqlXI
  • Options
    Lucy Van PeltLucy Van Pelt Posts: 11,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eva Cassidy singing Fields of Gold being used by a cancer charity in an advert. Loved the song, but now it conjures up the sad images in the ad.

Although her young death was very tragic, I always found Eva Cassidy's version of Over the Rainbow painfully unlistenable
  • Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Neil_N wrote: »
    "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen - ruined by THIS cover:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkXKUDEqlXI

Good God. The lads and Mercury's estate shoud sue the folk who sang
    that version. :o
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grazey1985 wrote: »
    Msi covering spirit of radio by Rush. Got to be heard to be believed

They do Tom Sawyer as well.
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although it was one of the worst songs The Beatles ever made, their version of All You Need Is Love was miles better than that turgid crap produced for the BBC.
  • Options
    cambs1965cambs1965 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only You by Yazoo totally ruined by the Flying Pickets

Bahda bahda indeed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgDKtLPp46s
  • Options
    ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the song.

But its been ruined a bit for me, by ITV choosing it as their theme for the ad breaks during the football.