Options

Amy Studt...

Comments

• Options
    crazymonkcrazymonk Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheElf wrote: »
    I really like Amy, both albums are very listenable and she had fantastic B-Sides for the singles for her first album.

http://www.myspace.com/amystudtofficial There is a new song on her MySpace.

I agree she has great material! I just love her! I can't get onto Myspace of late, what's the song called I may already have it, I've got so many demos and rare tracks from Amy it's not even funny!! lol And Geordielady, I agree Avril is also talented but just doesn't measure talent wise for me, Amy is a different type of artist and album sales don't always equate talent...I'd like to stop talking about Avril now as it is an Amy thread (I know I first brought her up but I was answering someones question!) =)

Also I'm going to transfer loads of tracks from Amy onto this thread for people to listen to, I'd love to know what people think of the tracks! ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crazymonk wrote: »
    I'd like to stop talking about Avril now as it is an Amy thread (I know I first brought her up but I was answering someones question!) =)

You brought avril into it by saying this
    1. She was compared to Avril Lavigne who's she's far more talented than for sure.

You seem to have also overlooked the fact I am also an Amy Studt fan :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I said I brought Avril up first!? :confused: That was the post I was referring to! ;) I know you are a fan too but obviously not as much as me as you think Avril is better which I can't abide! :p

Anyway the track on her myspace I already have from a while ago! :D It's a live track called Violently With Love, the version on Myspace is not as good as the live version I've got though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the downloads.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the downloads.

You're welcome! I hope you enjoy them! ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're welcome! I hope you enjoy them! ;)

I sure will ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I think this should become an 'Amy Studt appreciation thread' maybe?? :D

I've got loads of goodies for fans to download/listen to, here is all of my unreleased material from Amy!

;)

Registered to offer my thanks for the uploads! didnt realise she had so many unreleased songs floating about :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Resseh wrote: »
    Registered to offer my thanks for the uploads! didnt realise she had so many unreleased songs floating about :)

Pleasure! ;)

Welcome to the forum Amy fan! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    I'm really sorry, but most of the song are out already. Could someone please up them again, please? i.i
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ritsuka175 wrote: »
    I'm really sorry, but most of the song are out already. Could someone please up them again, please? i.i

I'll re-upload them soon for you, glad to see another fan!!:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Absolutely love her!!! I play tracks off her debut album on my radio show all the time. In fact, I'll be playing 'Just A Little Girl' this Sunday to open my show at midday - 'Diverse Indulgence' on Bro Radio 98.1 FM or www.broradio.fm.

While we're at it, how about Beulah, Fiona Apple, Minnie Driver and Sandi Thom????
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Download/listen links:

A-Z:
    o A New Day Breaks
    o And Again
    o Breathe In to Me
    o Bye Bye Baby
    o Colour Me By Numbers
    o Don't You Worry
    o Fire
    o Fly With Me
    o Foolish Heart (Demo Version)
    o Heart of Stone
    o I Held Every Breath of You
    o Intelligent
    o Invisible Girl
    o Just Say No
    o Knocking on My Door
    o Make It (Live)
    o Man In The Mirror (MJ Cover - Live @ The Crown)
    o Nothing I Can Do
    o Nothing Matters
    o One of Those Days
    o Sleepy Amy (Live @ The Crown)
    o Somebody
    o Violently With Love (Acoustic 1)
    o http://www.zshare.net/audio/94980473bb852568/]Violently With Love (Acoustic 2)
    o Welcome To Our House
    o Where I Stand (Acoustic 1)
    o Where I Stand (Acoustic 2)
    o Where We Were Lovers
    o Who I Am (Interlude)

All fresh links! :D

Also Amy spoke to me a while ago please read this:

Amy Wrote
    Hello,
    yes, this is Amy Studt.. : ) I'm not mad about you uploading the demos so don't worry about that.x I really appreciate your support and am very flattered that you like my music enough to post it up. unfortunately, I would however request that you remove them for various reasons, some including copyright, legalities from my old management and record company and the other writers involved that I co-wrote with, but also on a personal note, I don't feel comfortable having any work of mine that i am not 100% happy with being out for people to hear. I am planning on putting together an album at some point of the best of my old demos that i would be happy for people to hear but even these I would need to make changes to and tweak so as to be totally happy. I hope you understand. I am so glad that you have enjoyed them and i have no problem with you having them in your secret music stash, so long as you do not post them onto any large scale mediums. i.e YouTube and the rest. if you know the other people who also have these demos, it would be a great favor to me if you could pass this message on and kindly request that they don't put them out to the public.
    I am currently writing the third album and potentially starting a new band project, more will be revealed in time i'm sure.
    Thank you for asking me directly. I really appreciate it.
    all my best wishes
    Amy
    x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mate got me hip to her again. Her debut was...eh, typical? But the follow up was pretty good. I haven't listened to it in a while, but I'm looking forward to what she cooks up.

Commercialy, there's no point in even talking about it. At this point, I'm just looking forward to the next project.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Heey, don't worry, i dont intend to upload anywhere, just wanted to hear them :)
    Thanks, thanks & thanks again! ^^
    U made my day :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heey, don't worry, i dont intend to upload anywhere, just wanted to hear them :)
    Thanks, thanks & thanks again! ^^
    U made my day :D

:D Please come back with your thoughts on them! There's a shortage of Amy love on here! :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    Think she's talented, but she did fade away rather quickly.............
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ok, here i'm, sorry for taking sooooo long :D
    My favorites are:
    - Breathe into me (even though it ends so abruptly)
    - Colour me By Number (Luv this 'indian'/native american thing she does in the back ^^)
    - I Held every Breath of You (I don't know why, i think is rather thrilling)
    - Bye Bye Baby (Got to love the beat xD)
    - Nothing Matters ( i luv the scream, makes me wanna scream 2)

I liked Foolish Heart & Heart of Stone a hell lot 2, but they weren't one of my favorites ^^
    Besides Where We Were Lovers looks really cool, but the quality is really bad, so i don't know if it will enter the list :P
    that's about it ^^
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favorites are:
    - Colour me By Number (Luv this 'indian'/native american thing she does in the back ^^)

I liked Foolish Heart & Heart of Stone a hell lot 2, but they weren't one of my favorites ^^
    Besides Where We Were Lovers looks really cool, but the quality is really bad, so i don't know if it will enter the list :P
    that's about it ^^

Ahhh wonderful you got back! :D Great picks there and I love what you wrote! :D I love all of those, I'd also have Don't You Worry & Invisible Girl to my list, the only song on the list I'm not sure about it Just Say No.

I'm happy you included Breathe Into Me, because it's so short people disregard it but it's a favourite for me, it's utterly beautiful I'd love to hear the whole version!! The scream in Nothing Matters surprised me but it's amazing! :eek:

I think I've loved everything Amy has done so far! :cool: I'm really curious and excited for her next album and hope she's gets success this time around! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favorites are:

that's about it ^^

Ahhh wonderful you got back! :D Great picks there and I love what you wrote! :D I love all of those, I'd also have Don't You Worry & Invisible Girl to my list, the only song on the list I'm not sure about it Just Say No.

I'm happy you included Breathe Into Me, because it's so short people disregard it but it's a favourite for me, it's utterly beautiful I'd love to hear the whole version!! The scream in Nothing Matters surprised me but it's amazing! :eek:

I think I've loved everything Amy has done so far! :cool: I'm really curious and excited for her next album and hope she's gets success this time around! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    what did u guys thought of 'Won't let the sun go down'? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what did u guys thought of 'Won't let the sun go down'? :)

It's really pretty I really like it but I'm glad it's not album material. :)

@ Hannah - Well no she said not to upload onto large scale sites, not that I couldn't share them. :)
  • Options
    mistrimistri Posts: 3,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's really pretty I really like it but I'm glad it's not album material. :)

@ Hannah - Well no she said not to upload onto large scale sites, not that I couldn't share them. :)

This is the biggest entertainment site in the UK - how did you think it wasn't large scale?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mistri wrote: »
    This is the biggest entertainment site in the UK - how did you think it wasn't large scale?

Can you stop with this now please, zshare is not like Youtube though is it? I put them up because she has no problem with fans having them. Youtube etc is more widespread and open for discussion, she meant sites such as that I'm sure! Well you have made me feel bad now...:p