Options

Madonna's 3rd single from Rebel Heart will be Bitch, I'm Madonna

Comments

• Options
    Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know!

This song does absolutely nothing for me either, I mean, look at the title, it's like she thinks we've forgotten who she is or something!

The title is ironic.... you might not like the song itself but surely you understand the title? :o
  • Options
    HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,634
    Forum Member
    If Ghosttown couldn't do anything, then I'll be surprised if Bitch, I'm Madonna fares any better. That's even with Nicki Minaj on board.

Agree with others, I've not been a fan of this song ever since I first heard it back in January.

Surprised they even think a third single at this stage will do anything for the album. Might help concert ticket sales though.
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    I think its great now. Very catchy and the video is perfect. She broke Twitter when it came out. :D

Its worth noting the only reason Bitch is being released is because its the most streamed song from the album. So it clearly got people interested. Maybe it should have been the first single in hindsight.

Will it chart? probably not. Her haters are more interested in Madonna's chart positions thesedays than her fans are. Lets really hope Kylie's next era is a success eh! ;)

You have Tidal then ??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    You have Tidal then ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0HYAiHUllo

Catch it while you can!
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member

oh bugger too late >:(:(
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    The title is ironic.... you might not like the song itself but surely you understand the title? :o

Of course I understand that the title is 'ironic' :rollseyes: that's Madonna's answer to everything isn't it? Irony? She's a past mistress at it!:-D

She should have released Joan Of Arc or Wash All Over Me which imo are good songs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course I understand that the title is 'ironic' :rollseyes: that's Madonna's answer to everything isn't it? Irony? She's a past mistress at it!:-D

She should have released Joan Of Arc or Wash All Over Me which imo are good songs.

Well then if you understood the title of the song why say that?
  • Options
    StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This Tidal really is clutching at straws, isn't it. No-one will pay that much for music. The only argument people make for paying artists a better wage for their music than iTunes/Youtube is to support newer/independent artists, not fat cats like Jay Z and Beyonce who are already multi-millionaires.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This Tidal really is clutching at straws, isn't it. No-one will pay that much for music. The only argument people make for paying artists a better wage for their music than iTunes/Youtube is to support newer/independent artists, not fat cats like Jay Z and Beyonce who are already multi-millionaires.

Agree the whole thing is a waste of time as everything goes public within a few days anyway so you are only paying to get it 1 day earlier.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    The video was extremely cringeworthy in my opinion.
  • Options
    Rae_AmuryRae_Amury Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The video is such a mess and I love every part of it...

...except Beyonces cameo :D
  • Options
    SparklySwedeSparklySwede Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite liked the video. It was a bit of fun, not taking itself too seriously. Reminded me of the video for Give Me All Your Lovin, which if I remember correctly divided opinions too but I liked it!

NOT a fan of the song though. I don't really know what she was thinking releasing this as a single because it is just poor. Will be hoping for a fourth single though..
  • Options
    Ellie_ArbuckleEllie_Arbuckle Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The video is quite good but I can see why some dislike the song. What I find interesting about that is the fact it appears the people mainly complaining about the song being her worst single are more Madonna floating listeners rather than hard core fans. I think Madonna has just reached the point in her career now where she is releasing the stuff she wants rather than what she is expected to. I would have preferred Devil Pray as a single. Joan Of Arc is nice but will flop with everything else. Music is different now. 13 year olds are not going to be rushing onto iTunes to download songs by anyone over the age of 40. As for people saying she needs to act her age, what is her age? are you supposed to stop living once you hit 50?

Is the little black kid in the video David? if so he can dance! Madonna sure has raised a talented little family.
  • Options
    Foxster HotpotFoxster Hotpot Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gave this album a quick listen a couple of weeks ago.

I liked 'Joan of Arc' and I thought Ghosttown was alright. I dislike this song quite a lot.
  • Options
    woofwoof77woofwoof77 Posts: 2,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god, what an awful song! What a load of noise.

I've been a Madonna fan from the start but it started to dip for me when Hard Candy came out .

Should've released Joan of Arc or Hold tight .

What's her obsession now with the word Bitch. Seems like she says it all the time now , just calm down M!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gave this album a quick listen a couple of weeks ago.

I liked 'Joan of Arc' and I thought Ghosttown was alright. I dislike this song quite a lot.
    Hold Tight topped iTunes for a few hours when it was released as part of that freebie bundle. I don't know why they didn't release it there and then, it should have been rushed out as a single. Her management thesedays are so messy. Maybe its true she no longer cares for the singles charts.
    woofwoof77 wrote: »
    Oh god, what an awful song! What a load of noise.

I've been a Madonna fan from the start but it started to dip for me when Hard Candy came out .

Should've released Joan of Arc or Hold tight .

What's her obsession now with the word Bitch. Seems like she says it all the time now , just calm down M!
    I prefer her saying bitch to motherf**ker all the time!:D
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have reservations as to whether I will consider Madonna a "must have" artist nowadays. Bitch I'm Madonna is one of the worst songs (I use that term loosely) I have ever heard by anyone in my entire life. I think Rebel Heart the album is the dullest album she has ever made and will in two years from now, sound totally dated and irrelevant. I never, ever thought I would say anything so negative about Madonna in my lifetime. It saddens me to do so, but if she serious thinks "Bitch, I'm Madonna" is good, then god knows what shite she'll create for her next album. I see her UK tour is nowhere near sold out.
  • Options
    day dreamerday dreamer Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Horrible song, horrible video. The song is easily the worst of her career (just my opinion) and the video is just boring and has nothing to offer whatsoever except her adorable son's brilliant dancing. I'm glad Madonna's having fun and don't begrude her from doing what she wants in terms of what music she's choosing to release but crikey.

Rebel Heart is generally a very good album but the handling of this era has been such a mess. I hate that the leak happened. I think things might have been very different if it hadn't.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I caught a snippet of the video earlier. Terrible song, in my opinion.
  • Options
    St. AnthonySt. Anthony Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dunno if been mentioned, but that video reminds me of Peter Kayes Road To Amarillo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even if she had released Joan Of Arc I'm not convinced it would have been a hit. Ghost Town died on its arse. So what makes Joan Of Arc different? Bitch I'm Madonna is at least something out there from the norm. I would rather she took risks than played it safe.

Like I said, 13 year olds have zero interest in a woman over 50. Pop is a young persons game. I would just take comfort as fans that Madonna still releases new material. The videos are just a gift to fans now. I think Rebel Heart will be her final work for a while anyway. She has one more tour to fill under the Live Nation deal and rumour has it that will be a Greatest Hits tour. So there won't be new material to support it, probably just another GH package.
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even if she had released Joan Of Arc I'm not convinced it would have been a hit. Ghost Town died on its arse. So what makes Joan Of Arc different? Bitch I'm Madonna is at least something out there from the norm. I would rather she took risks than played it safe.

Like I said, 13 year olds have zero interest in a woman over 50. Pop is a young persons game. I would just take comfort as fans that Madonna still releases new material. The videos are just a gift to fans now. I think Rebel Heart will be her final work for a while anyway. She has one more tour to fill under the Live Nation deal and rumour has it that will be a Greatest Hits tour. So there won't be new material to support it, probably just another GH package.

Nope. Rebel Heart Tour is her final tour under the Live Nation deal. She has one more album to make under her current deal. However, she is rich enough to buy herself out of any contract if she so wishes.
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    and what single next?

hold tight ...i hope?!
  • Options
    Cheekymonkey09Cheekymonkey09 Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What an absolutely horrible song - God, Madonna really has fallen from the top.:( it's hard to think we're getting this pile of poo when she used to release more solid pop in the 80s and 90s. Is she the same artist who gave us Ray of Light and Like A Prayer? It's hard to believe she's going backwards.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    Nope. Rebel Heart Tour is her final tour under the Live Nation deal. She has one more album to make under her current deal. However, she is rich enough to buy herself out of any contract if she so wishes.

Madonna's deal with Live Nation ends in 2017.