BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 41)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :mad::mad::mad:

Got myself into a right mess on the PC.

Trying to find out whats behind the blue screen of death and the endless Shockwave crashes in Facebook games.

Got rid of some recently instaled junk and went to what I thought was a safe restore point.

Along the way i find out support is ending for Sp1 so I need Sp2. But that won't instal.

Also Avast is a suspect but that won't uninstal:mad:

now I dont know which cart is in front of which horse. Is X stopping Y or is Y stopping X:mad:

How much is it to upgrade Vista to Win 7 or even 8. Is 8 out yet.

Also if I delete a program and reinstall will it write to the same area of HD. I've narrowed my HD noise down to firefox, it sounds like its struggling to read as if it is a physically damaged portion of disc.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:D
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Hicky wrote: »
    Sometimes a short cut isn't the best thing to take, were you the only ones to mess it?
    No there were others before and after us. :o, but we were well within the time on the letter.
    A rare album I bet only I've heard of

Tangerine Dream - Ricochet
    I have it languishing in the attic.
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    I think I may have seen Tangerine Dream.

Not sure, I saw a lot of bands when I was younger and I think they may have been one of them. I know I’ve seen T Rex, Pink Floyd, Atomic Rooster, Ginger Baker’s Air Force (not a highlight), The Crazy World of Arthur Brown (since seen as a guest at a local garden party)
    I would love to see Arthur Brown :cool:
    Digital Cameras>Throw away art:(
    Film Cameras=you bothered what you took

CDs...easy to fast forward so tend to skip and not immerse
    MP3...like CD only worse.....mish mash of throw away tunes
    Vinyl...not so easy to skip so you bothered to listen to the whole album
    If you look at the state of my albums you will see that it was in fact very easy to skip :D
    I've just realised FULL ALBUMS are on YOU TUBE!!! (doh)

Listening to JEAN MICHEL JARRE - OXYGENE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkYcYl8IkF8
    Thanks for the warning. I shall be careful to avoid it.
    Old pop trivia

The single "Brain Salad Surgery" by Emerson Lake and Palmer does NOT appear on the album"Brain Salad Surgery" by Emerson Lake and Palmer
    :confused: It is on my version.
    JoJo4 wrote: »

Very annoying - as you say, just as well there are no issues. You're entitled to a one on one if you wish, as it was their fault they messed up.

Good grief Hicky! I'm only eating soup today, and fortunately I'm not keen on plaice and certainly wouldn't be tempted by tripe!

We were grudgingly offered a phone call. We declined.
    How come you are only having soup?
  • Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hicky wrote: »
    The pixel only determines the quality of the picture, the more the pixels the bigger you would be able to enlarge it.

They started quoting fake pixel quantities by making a pixel into 2 by letting each half hold data.

To get fast action is controlled by the shutter speed and aperture, if you don't set the camera mode correct it will most probably effect that.
    To get a fast moving object you need a pretty fast apperture and to pan with the moving which slows down the object as far as the camera is concerned.

The aperture determines the depth of field. To get a fast moving object you need a fast shutter speed.
  • nowahallanowahalla Posts: 10,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning :)
    TF it's friday...
    Another sticky day, could do with a good storm to clear the air!
    Kickboxing in an hour, then more Thai torture...'citin' woot
    Hope your daughter enjoys her weekend here, Jojo :)
    See y'all in a bit :)
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    :mad::mad::mad:

Got myself into a right mess on the PC.

Trying to find out whats behind the blue screen of death and the endless Shockwave crashes in Facebook games.

Got rid of some recently instaled junk and went to what I thought was a safe restore point.

Along the way i find out support is ending for Sp1 so I need Sp2. But that won't instal.

Also Avast is a suspect but that won't uninstal:mad:

now I dont know which cart is in front of which horse. Is X stopping Y or is Y stopping X:mad:

How much is it to upgrade Vista to Win 7 or even 8. Is 8 out yet.

Also if I delete a program and reinstall will it write to the same area of HD. I've narrowed my HD noise down to firefox, it sounds like its struggling to read as if it is a physically damaged portion of disc.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:D

Balders that sounds like a nightmare and I have no clue. I'm sure there are people around who can help you though - if not here, in the techie threads:cool:

We were grudgingly offered a phone call. We declined.
    How come you are only having soup?

You can insist on a face to face, but if you're happy it's probably not worth rocking the boat at this stage.

Every few days I have a soup only (or mainly) day, it helps kick start the weight loss again if it evens out.

It's so quick to make and delicious to eat, I don't find it a hardship:cool:
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    nowahalla wrote: »
    TF it's friday...

I'm sure she will - they're meeting up with friends who're en route to somewhere, can't remember where (senile)

Enjoy your sticky day halla! I'm off to bed:yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure she will - they're meeting up with friends who're en route to somewhere, can't remember where (senile)

Enjoy your sticky day halla! I'm off to bed:yawn:

Cheers Jojo :)
    You should warn your daughter that when she leaves here that they are saying to allow 3 hours to check in and clear immigration:eek: there have been horrendous queues in and out taking upwards of two hours to get through the immigration lanes (even on the way out) to the extent that over 200 people a day are currently missing flights out of here! It's Bl**dy ridiculous and the typical Thai attitude is "mai pben rai, jai yen yen" ie never mind, calm down...:rolleyes::eek: At the moment they've deployed 70 riot police at the airport to "help" but it's making headline news every day here....suppose it distracts them from the attempts of their allegedly corrupt former PM Thaksin (and brother of current PM) to sneak back into Thailand without being arrested:rolleyes:
    First world country my backside:p
    Oops, bit of a rant there, sorry....
  • Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good morning everyone :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phew get the fire on..and fluffers don't trample snow all over. We've been to Antarctica:D
    Balders that sounds like a nightmare and I have no clue. I'm sure there are people around who can help you though - if not here, in the techie threads:cool:

You can insist on a face to face, but if you're happy it's probably not worth rocking the boat at this stage.

Every few days I have a soup only (or mainly) day, it helps kick start the weight loss again if it evens out.

It's so quick to make and delicious to eat, I don't find it a hardship:cool:

Morning JoJo

I think its sorted for now. Just have to wait and see if I get any more blue screens or crashes. We asked the Antarctic techies:cool:

Good Morning Halla and Flora :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning Flora:D
    Morning Balders and the Fluffmeister:D - glad the techies in Antartica could help, nowt worse than that blue screen of death:eek::(

Waiting for Thai teacher, she'll be here any minute:(, cannot be bothered today, 'tis friday afternoon - not the best time to be concentrating on thai lesson, 'tis snooze on the couch time;):D

see you later:)
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good morning everyone :D
    Morning Flora :D
    phew get the fire on..and fluffers don't trample snow all over. We've been to Antarctica:D

Morning JoJo

I think its sorted for now. Just have to wait and see if I get any more blue screens or crashes. We asked the Antarctic techies:cool:

Morning Balders. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Morning JoJo

Morning Balders :D

Hope you put on your thermals before your visit :D
    Morning Flora:D
    Morning Balders and the Fluffmeister:D - glad the techies in Antartica could help, nowt worse than that blue screen of death:eek::(

Waiting for Thai teacher, she'll be here any minute:(, cannot be bothered today, 'tis friday afternoon - not the best time to be concentrating on thai lesson, 'tis snooze on the couch time;):D

see you later:)

Morning halla :D

Enjoy your lesson :D
    Scots rool wrote: »

Morning SR :D

Been out and about again? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yum yum buttered toast and tea.:)

Yes I know fluffers i'm not putting butter in the tea.:rolleyes:

One slice for you and three for me.:D

Well its as fair as your gonna get matey and STFU about cocopops:p

Nearly time for a tucky in Fluffers:yawn::yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Morning :) A bit early for you

Dunno Fluffers it may be cos Timo has peed in the bed:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning Balders

Hope you put on your thermals before your visit

Morning halla

Enjoy your lesson

Morning SR

Been out and about again?
    :D
    Can I help if I'm popular? :p:D
    Morning :) A bit early for you

Dunno Fluffers it may be cos Timo has peed in the bed:D:D:D
    :mad::mad:
    Stoopid smelly neep, of course Timo doesn't pee the bed.......you're projecting again. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can I help if I'm popular? :p:D

:mad::mad:
    Stoopid smelly neep, of course Timo doesn't pee the bed.......you're projecting again. :p

Deluded more like :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TF it's friday...
    Morning halla :)
    Deluded more like :rolleyes:

If you say so dear. I've told you you're more than welcome to join me, but you do need to dress more appropriately than you usually do. :p:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2115569/Were-wild-mums-From-hippos-lemurs-animals-world-gear-Mothers-Day-shows-affection.html

Especially like the koalas and pandas. and of course the 'phants:p:p

From SBBA in Antarctica
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2115569/Were-wild-mums-From-hippos-lemurs-animals-world-gear-Mothers-Day-shows-affection.html

From SBBA in Antarctica

Awwwww gorgeous, even the wee baby hippos. :D:D
  • EddyBeeEddyBee Posts: 45,590
    Forum Member
    Good morning you lot.

Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning halla :)

If you say so dear. I've told you you're more than welcome to join me, but you do need to dress more appropriately than you usually do. :p:D

I will think about it :p:D

From SBBA in Antarctica

Aww lovely :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EddyBee wrote: »
    Good morning you lot.

Morning Eddy :D

Its Friday :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EddyBee wrote: »
    Good morning you lot.

Morning Eddy :D
  • ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    Morning All,:D

The usual marketing and shopping today. Well, not quite usual as we are going to a town up the coast which has a biggish shipyard.Two of my great fascinations are boats and cranes and this makes it easy to enjoy both.:)

The weather has gone back to being wet'n'windy but according to the forecast, this is the storm before the calm and the weather will improve from tomorrow.

I have a nice bruise on my cheek and round one eye and my neck still feels dislocated but the extraction site is hardly painful at all....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Artemesia wrote: »
    Morning All,:D

The usual marketing and shopping today. Well, not quite usual as we are going to a town up the coast which has a biggish shipyard.Two of my great fascinations are boats and cranes and this makes it easy to enjoy both.:)

The weather has gone back to being wet'n'windy but according to the forecast, this is the storm before the calm and the weather will improve from tomorrow.

I have a nice bruise on my cheek and round one eye and my neck still feels dislocated but the extraction site is hardly painful at all....

Morning Arte :D

A change is as good as a rest, dont frighten the natives with the state of your face :D
This discussion has been closed.