I think Jack Carroll is the worst comedian to ever go on the show.

WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
Forum Member
✭✭
I haven't laughed at a single thing he has said so far, i do not get the appeal.

He doesn't come across as likeable, and i cannot stand him.

Comments

• priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also haven't laughed at his jokes, and when I see the judges in fits of laughter I think to myself 'why', but I guess we all have a different sense of humour.
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is pure unfunny, unlikeable rubbish. Its obvious people are scared to say this because he is disabled. Surely by "pretending" to like him everyone is in fact, just patronising the kid. EVERYONE should be treated equally. If this was a cocky, arrogant, unlikable kid who could walk, he wouldnt even have got through the audition.
  • Gregg_LUFCGregg_LUFC Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    priscilla wrote: »
    I also haven't laughed at his jokes, and when I see the judges in fits of laughter I think to myself 'why', but I guess we all have a different sense of humour.

I didn't find him funny either. I'm not laughing at his jokes just because he's disabled!! People are on here saying how funny he is but if he was a fully abler person no one would give him the time of day!!

The way the judges keep trying to out do each other by seeing who can laugh the loudest is cruel and vile! It's the most patronising insult I've ever seen on a show. That witches cackle Alesha does at every punch line is infuriating!!

I feel for the lad it must be hard for him living with a disability but I'm not going to say how great he is just because he walks with a frame. His jokes aren't funny and I don't beleive that he writes them all without help
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,135
    Forum Member
    Worst comedian ever? The only other comedians BGT has had are:

* Jake Pratt (series 1)
    * Charlie Wernham (series 2)
    * Callum Oakley (series 6)

All three of those failed to make it to the final. Clearly, Jack is doing something right. I can't believe people are making excuses - whether he would have gotten through without a disability we will never know so there's no point dwelling on it.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are a lot of keyboard warriors on this forum who just want to be nasty about the acts. Bit patheric really is'nt it.
  • seejay01462seejay01462 Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    I must have an unusual sense of humour then because I found him extremely funny! I very rarely laugh out loud at comedy on TV but couldn't help myself when I heard this kid. I hope he wins! :p
  • tawetawe Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to say I haven't laughed either , But he seems a nice kid who I hope does well for himself but personally I don't find him as funny as he`s made out
  • Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't laughed at a single thing he has said so far, i do not get the appeal.

He doesn't come across as likeable, and i cannot stand him.
    pete137 wrote: »
    He is pure unfunny, unlikeable rubbish. Its obvious people are scared to say this because he is disabled. Surely by "pretending" to like him everyone is in fact, just patronising the kid. EVERYONE should be treated equally. If this was a cocky, arrogant, unlikable kid who could walk, he wouldnt even have got through the audition.
    Gregg_LUFC wrote: »
    I didn't find him funny either. I'm not laughing at his jokes just because he's disabled!! People are on here saying how funny he is but if he was a fully abler person no one would give him the time of day!!

The way the judges keep trying to out do each other by seeing who can laugh the loudest is cruel and vile! It's the most patronising insult I've ever seen on a show. That witches cackle Alesha does at every punch line is infuriating!!

I feel for the lad it must be hard for him living with a disability but I'm not going to say how great he is just because he walks with a frame. His jokes aren't funny and I don't beleive that he writes them all without help

I think he's rather good , given his age , writes his own stuff , doesn't swear or tell offensive jokes . There aren't many succesful ones who manage that these days , Peter Kay NE Eddie Izzard spring to mind .

I'd be very interested in knowing off the FOUR of you which comedians you each enjoy .
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    In both his audition and the semi final I was completely baffled as to why everyone seemed to find him funny.:confused:
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Worst comedian ever? The only other comedians BGT has had are:

* Jake Pratt (series 1)
    * Charlie Wernham (series 2)
    * Callum Oakley (series 6)

All three of those failed to make it to the final. Clearly, Jack is doing something right. I can't believe people are making excuses - whether he would have gotten through without a disability we will never know so there's no point dwelling on it.

You forgot Gatis Kandis... are you well? No you are not a well, you are a person. :D
  • Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    In both his audition and the semi final I was completely baffled as to why everyone seemed to find him funny.:confused:

And your idea of a funny guy is ??
  • DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I laughed, Ithought he was really funny.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't particularly find him funny either. His material isn't terrible but there's something in his delivery I just don't like.
  • mediaratmediarat Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    i think he's funny, but a lot of people i know don't.

just out of curiosity for those that don't think he's good, can you give an example of someone who you do like, as comedy really comes down to such a personal taste?

i don't think people like him because he is disabled.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nothing to do with different kinds of humour. He's a disabled kid making a joke out of his disability. They can't not laugh. Imagine the outrage. Their like of him is purely a strategy. He isn't funny in the slightest.
  • Gregg_LUFCGregg_LUFC Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    Zizu58 wrote: »
    I think he's rather good , given his age , writes his own stuff , doesn't swear or tell offensive jokes . There aren't many succesful ones who manage that these days , Peter Kay NE Eddie Izzard spring to mind .

I'd be very interested in knowing off the FOUR of you which comedians you each enjoy .

I enjoy a varied amount of comedians. I go to the comedy club in manchester quite often when I'm home and really enjoy it.

As for comedians that I like I'd have to say Stewart Lee and Rhod Gilbert are two of my favourites.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mediarat wrote: »
    i think he's funny, but a lot of people i know don't.

just out of curiosity for those that don't think he's good, can you give an example of someone who you do like, as comedy really comes down to such a personal taste?

i don't think people like him because he is disabled.

Personally, my favourite comedian is Lee Evans. Which given his manic physicality on stage makes him slightly different than young Jack :D
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find Jack funny
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    InMyArms wrote: »
    You forgot Gatis Kandis... are you well? No you are not a well, you are a person. :D

"BOOOO!"
    "Yes, moo. That is the sound that a cow makes".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked him when I saw him in the audition stage, but I reckon there is a lot of leeway being given because of his age. That's inevitable but it's also a weakness of letting someone so young enter the competition. I think he has great potential - he does seem to have a natural quick wit and there is a nice, amiable air to him. Dare I say it - almost like a young Eric Morecambe.

I thought he started off pretty ordinary and got a lot stronger during the semi-final. By the end I thought he'd been funny. When I dragged my husband in to watch it, I saw how weak he was in the beginning. Hubby - who isn't a fan of BGT anyway - couldn't cope with watching and walked out mid-way.

I feel like it's enough of the disability thing already - he needs to move on - it can be a part of his routine but doesn't have to BE his routine. It's a bit like the idea of a black performer only talking about his race or a woman only talking about feminist issues etc - unless they are very, very good and have absolutely excellent material it gets very old very quickly. That's why I think he was strongest at the end - when he poked fun at SC.

The cackling is all a bit over the top, though. It reminded me of that scene in Fame, when one of the students performs at a club and all his friends are in the audience and they all whoop with laughter at his act. He goes in the next night and performs again to the usual crowd, minus mates, and he dies on his feet. There is a definite will for this boy to be funnier than he is.
  • bratwurztbratwurzt Posts: 2,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are a lot of keyboard warriors on this forum who just want to be nasty about the acts. Bit patheric really is'nt it.

People expressing an opinion? i know, shocking isn't it.
  • wordfromthewisewordfromthewise Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't make me laugh at all I'm afraid..............he is 'knowing' and old mannish and his attempts at witty one-liners outside of his actual performance are particularly bad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found him, funny but not great, ok, for end of pier comedy, but good comedians these days, are like the great Lee Evens. They tell complete funny story about life, not slow one-liners.
  • loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've found parts of his routine quite amusing - I think he's given some leeway due to his age (not his wheelchair) but I think he's got real potential, he's got a wry delivery and he comes over as relaxed and comfortable on stage.

Clearly people have different opinions on what they find funny. Someone earlier mentioned thinking Rhod Gilbert a great comedian...erm not to me he isn't, but that's just what I think, clearly others like him. But...I remain baffled as to why Michael McIntyre makes a living - and indeed it is he who is the worst comedian to ever go on the show.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    loracan wrote: »
    I've found parts of his routine quite amusing - I think he's given some leeway due to his age (not his wheelchair) but I think he's got real potential, he's got a wry delivery and he comes over as relaxed and comfortable on stage.

Clearly people have different opinions on what they find funny. Someone earlier mentioned thinking Rhod Gilbert a great comedian...erm not to me he isn't, but that's just what I think, clearly others like him. But...I remain baffled as to why Michael McIntyre makes a living - and indeed it is he who is the worst comedian to ever go on the show.

Michael McIntyre I find hilarious, he's another comedian who the whole family can watch and enjoy