Options

Knockouts Song Choices (Episode 1

Alex_McNameeAlex_McNamee Posts: 656
Forum Member
✭✭
Tonight, Team Will and Team Rita will fight for a place in the live finals.
Team Rita are up first - four of her acts are Welsh!
First up, DTwinz are performing Whitney's classic "I'm Every Woman". They are followed by Joe Woolford, singing "Hey Ya!", a song Rita has performed. Mitch Miller succeeds Joe performing "You Spin Me Right Round" by Dead or Alive. Following with the 80's, Karis Thomas performs "True Colours" by Cindy Lauper, a song which she used to sing to her grandfather. Next up are both of Rita's steals - Shellyann performs "Firework" whilst Hannah Wildes sings Fleetwood Mac's "Dreams". Clark Carmody, the hairdresser, sings "Take Me To Church". Finally, Rita's last act, Liss Jones, performs Cher's "If I Could Turn Back Time".

Team Will is up now, with one of his singers commenting that he is "just so average".
Firstly, Newtion Matthews performs "Missing". He is followed by Jake Shakeshaft, who sings Bieber's "As Long As You Love Me". Esmée is next, and she performs "As", a song she has previously performed for Mashup Mondays. Rapper Brooklyn takes a risk next in performing (and partially rapping) the Disney hit "Let It Go". Will's steal Vikesh performs a big number - "It's A Man's, Man's, Man's World" by James Brown. The Bookies second favourite Sheena McHugh sings the second number-one of the night, Evanescence's "Bring Me To Life". Will's other steal, Ryan Green, brings along his keyboard and performs "Thinkin' About You" by Frank Ocean. The final act of the night is west-end fanatic Lucy O'Byrne. She sings the operatic "Un Bel Di Vedremo" by Madame Butterfly.

Obviously, lots of other things happen in the knockouts. Rita admits to being star-struck over one of her contestants, and one of Will's has a last-minute song change!

Comments

• Options
    mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some odd choices - the Cher song is dated, Hey Ya doesn't show of a voice well and didn't Chaka Khan do I'm Every Woman first? Either way you need a big voice to take on Whitney or Chaka. I think those girls were great last week doing Maroon 5 and should have been given something a bit more unusual than just blasting out something like that. Unless of course something different is done but Rita's not a Will type so I'd guess they'd be doing straight copies. Soon find out anyway.
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    i'm every woman is so over-used on these shows and a lazy song choice

interested to see someone do evanescence