Samsung Smart TV apps - Demand 5 / ITV Player

Hi,

If anyone has a Samsung UE40D5520 Smart TV and is wondering why Demand 5 won't install and ITV Player isn't even showing up in the apps list then here's a bit of info from Samsung and ITV Player technical support:

Samsung / Demand 5

Thank you for contacting Samsung Customer Support.

I am sorry that you are having this issue with the Demand 5 app on your TV and I understand this may be frustrating when wishing to enjoy this online service.

Unfortunately, there are some issues with the Demand 5 app on this model at present. We are waiting on a new software version to be released to resolve the issue, however we are unaware of its release date.

We can only ask for your patience in this matter until new software has been released to resolve the issue. Thank you in advance

ITV / ITV Player

Thank you for contacting ITV.

The ITV Player application is compatible with series 5 Samsung Smart TVs for models manufactured in 2012 and series 6, 7 and 8 Samsung Smart TV models manufactured in 2011 and 2012.

For the ITV Player app to work you will have to have the software version 1025.1 or higher, I have included the steps below on how to check this:
• Press Menu
• Go to Support and press OK
• Go to Software Upgrade and press OK
• Go to Online - From here you will see what version your TV has (bottom right eg: 1015.1)

If the software is below 1025.1 you will need to go to samsung.com and request the update via USB. There will be a help section if you require assistance on how to do this.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any further questions.

I'm not sure if ITV Player will ever be compatible with the UE40D5520 but if more people contact (push) Samsung for the next software update they may release it quicker! The current software version available is T-MST5DEUC-1023.0 which is useless for the above apps.

:)

Comments

• tealadytealady Posts: 26,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I complained to Samsung about Demand 5 not working and received a call today saying that it was down to the 3rd party and not Samsung. I need to lobby the 3rd party via twitter to see if they will rewrite the software.
    Might be easier to get a set top box that does the apps.
  • evil cevil c Posts: 7,833
    Forum Member
    Have a look at this thread, scroll down the comments to "■ Tim on 31 December 2012 4:31 pm" and read the bad news about ITV Player: http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/samsung-smart-tv-itv-player-201207071917.htm
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    evil c wrote: »
    Have a look at this thread, scroll down the comments to "■ Tim on 31 December 2012 4:31 pm" and read the bad news about ITV Player: http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/samsung-smart-tv-itv-player-201207071917.htm

Yes, shocking news that is:mad: I don't think I'll be wasting anymore money on a Samsung "Smart TV" in future, I'll go for the standard TV set and buy the "Smart TV" feature as a separate USB dongle like this one:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/point-of-view-hdmi-smart-tv-dongle-android-4.1-685649

:)
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The ITV Player is working on my 6000 series.
  • ovbgovbg Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also working on my ES6900 series Samsung TV.

In fact, I have all the UK FTA services working: BBC,ITV, 4oD and Demand 5.
  • loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got them all working on mine, but consider the itv player to be shocking quality. Others are okay.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    The ITV Player is working on my 6000 series.

Yes, if you look at the email from ITV Player above it states that the series 6 TV works with ITV Player, however the 2011 series 5 TV does not.
  • dazn12dazn12 Posts: 6,910
    Forum Member
    I'm having issues with Demand 5. I have a series 5 2012 model and most of the time when I try o watch something from Demand 5, it either buffers every couple of seconds or doesn't load the programme at all, just a continuous loading spin wheel (yet the adverts play fine)

I'm connected through a homeplug and have fibre optic 40 meg so I know it isn't a connection speed issue.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Anyone having problems with ITV player?

Keeping getting the buffering wheel after adverts (which annoying play fine). Only solution is to exit back to smart hub menu and start over again. Forced to endure 19 adverts tonight - hope they sort it out otherwise I just won't bother.

PS60E6500 + infinity 75Mb
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    itv player, iplayer 4od working on d6530 but no demand 5.
    Seems rather hit and miss as to which app works on which set.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    The ITV players seems to be working fine but is it just me or does it seem very limited in its offering? No Corrie is a big omission.