Options

Are these the most beautiful faces in the UK?

PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
Forum Member
✭✭✭
A computer programme usually used to draw up e-fits of wanted criminals has been used to create the faces of the most beautiful man and woman in the UK.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/11502572/Are-these-the-most-beautiful-faces-in-the-world.html

The pictures are the result of a two-month-long study led by Dr Chris Solomon, a world expert in facial mapping, that asked people to put together a composite of the perfect face using the EFIT-V PhotoFit software used by UK police.

Dr Soloman said the study, commissioned by Samsung to mark the launch of its new Galaxy S6 phone, revealed "some interesting results about what Brits consider to be the epitome of beauty".

The academic said the study also threw up some differences between men's and women's perceptions of ideal beauty.

I've just had my ruler out measuring the distance between my eyes and the height of my eyebrows and I seem to measure up admirably with the chart. Unfortunately, my measurements match the female dimensions.

Is your ratio in proportion to 1 unit adequate?

Comments

• Options
    Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, in short, someone decided Emilia Clarke and David Beckham are the epitome of perfection?

edit: with different wigs, obv.
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    Those are awful pictures of David Gandy and Natalie Portman! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitty86 wrote: »
    Those are awful pictures of David Gandy and Natalie Portman! :o

I was thinking along those lines also.

I wonder if they were used on purpose for 'ironic' reasons.
  • Options
    coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member

No. As with most things designed by a committee, I think they're rather bland.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    I have my own computer program which can generate images of the ideal woman.

You just type in the words "Charlize Theron".
  • Options
    pope_tartpope_tart Posts: 3,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she looks OK, but nothing spectacular and I wouldn't look twice at him.

I've never find boring face such as these particularly attractive, I like something that makes them stand out a bit, like a few flaws or unusual bone structure or eye colouring
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Picto wrote: »
    I was thinking along those lines also.

I wonder if they were used on purpose for 'ironic' reasons.

Hmm it could be, that's a bit mean though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pope_tart wrote: »
    she looks OK, but nothing spectacular and I wouldn't look twice at him.

I've never find boring face such as these particularly attractive, I like something that makes them stand out a bit, like a few flaws or unusual bone structure or eye colouring

I was thinking the same when I saw a group of girls with the same make up style, it's so almost monotone (probably the wrong word) in the face, the same look, same face, so boring.
  • Options
    VulpesVulpes Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Um, no.
  • Options
    FanielleFanielle Posts: 1,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they're both very attractive to look at. He's not my sort and I don't fancy women as a rule, but I can see why they would appeal to a wide range of people
  • Options
    Anya DAnya D Posts: 14,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a horrible picture of Natalie Portman accompanying the article.

I think both the efits are atrractive. "Most beautiful" is in the eye of the beholder.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty for sure - but that isn't the same as sex appeal, which can be present in all manner of different faces.
  • Options
    Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit racist this. They should have input the features of people of Pakistani and African origin to reflect our multicultural society.
  • Options
    Anya DAnya D Posts: 14,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit racist this. They should have input the features of people of Pakistani and African origin to reflect our multicultural society.

Well particularly so as it's supposed to be the most beautiful faces in the world.

All the named examples of perfect features belong to white people too.
    I understand they aren't going to make an efit using people of different skin colours, but they didn't even use people of colour as examples of straight eyebrows or oval eyes.
  • Options
    MinnieMinzMinnieMinz Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A computer programme usually used to draw up e-fits of wanted criminals has been used to create the faces of the most beautiful man and woman in the UK.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/11502572/Are-these-the-most-beautiful-faces-in-the-world.html

The pictures are the result of a two-month-long study led by Dr Chris Solomon, a world expert in facial mapping, that asked people to put together a composite of the perfect face using the EFIT-V PhotoFit software used by UK police.

Dr Soloman said the study, commissioned by Samsung to mark the launch of its new Galaxy S6 phone, revealed "some interesting results about what Brits consider to be the epitome of beauty".

The academic said the study also threw up some differences between men's and women's perceptions of ideal beauty.

I've just had my ruler out measuring the distance between my eyes and the height of my eyebrows and I seem to measure up admirably with the chart. Unfortunately, my measurements match the female dimensions.

Is your ratio in proportion to 1 unit adequate?

Wow how dare they use my pic without asking! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MinnieMinz wrote: »
    Wow how dare they use my pic without asking! :D

Let the PMs commence :D
  • Options
    solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have the ideal male face but because I am not on their image database then they will have to put up with imperfections in their system.
  • Options
    Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    I have the hair and eyes of the male one, that's about it. Do you remember someone that looks perfect, I don't think you do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think DS can store 300 Private Messages. Would this amount of storage space be adequate for some of the members on here?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was joking :p they'll be disappointed lol.
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,031
    Forum Member

No. As with most things designed by a committee, I think they're rather bland.

Aren't they just. Well, 'she' is nicer looking than 'him' as he is completely forgettable to me. I agree with you. I especially find articles on people with symmetrical faces automatically being considered more beautiful quite amusing too because more often than not, their pooter generated faces are also as bland as bland can be. I like character, a bit of interest in a face myself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed both male and female say 'near perfect facial symmetry'.

I've read that in general we’re more likely to be attracted to people with symmetrical facial features but i'm guessing no human has a perfectly symmetrical face.

If you mirror each side of your face you could be surprised with the results.

I think my left side is my best side.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But surely that would then be just them selected, to the exclusion of the majority ethnicity?

It would also exclude people of Chinese appearance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    Aren't they just. Well, 'she' is nicer looking than 'him' as he is completely forgettable to me. I agree with you. I especially find articles on people with symmetrical faces automatically being considered more beautiful quite amusing too because more often than not, their pooter generated faces are also as bland as bland can be. I like character, a bit of interest in a face myself.

The man is very bland, I find Chris Pine, very attractive and rough man types like Rory McCann.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think DS can store 300 Private Messages. Would this amount of storage space be adequate for some of the members on here?

It's not enough for me :P