Options

SJA Series 5: The Untold Tales

AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
Forum Member
I don't recall seeing this around at all, but the third (and presumably final) companion magazine to The Sarah Jane Adventures was released on Thursday. I tried picking up a copy in town, but nowhere had one, and was wandering if anybody has got their hands on this yet. I loved the second volume, and was unfortunately too slow to get my hands on the first volume.

The magazine goes into some detail about the three stories of the fifth series of The Sarah Jane Adventures that we never got to see. The titles of these were

- Meet Mr Smith
- The Thirteenth Floor
- The Battle of Bannerman Road

The Trickster would have returned in the finale. It would have been revealed that he had instilled his essence in Sky Smith at the moment of her creation, and manipulated events so she would end up with Sarah Jane. He would then awaken Sky's "Trickster" half, and use her to attack Sarah Jane.

If anyone has the magazine, I'd be most interested to know whether the Parrot man ('Captain', I think) was intended to return in the series as well, and whether there was an insight towards where Series 6 would have gone? :):)

Comments

• Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Oh I'd love to know what they would've done with the sixth series as well, had one been made.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got my copy, so still reading the first story. - Computer Mr Smith becomes human by the power of an alien called Osmo. Turns into a real pinstripe gent Ding Dong !

Quickly reading quickly and briefly ahead The Shopkeeper would have been back at some stage possibly the finale with a reveal. But RTD is keeping it a mystery.

Daniel & Anjli were persuaded to stay for series 6 after being given a free lunch and the 13th floor script which they loved and gave the characters "new potential".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Would Alexander Armstrong have played the human version of Mr Smith? I would assume so, right?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Would Alexander Armstrong have played the human version of Mr Smith? I would assume so, right?

While there was no deal done, there was a positive response from his agent for availability for filming. The idea had been around for some time so it seems almost certain.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Trickster would have returned in the finale.

The Trickster was a fantastic villain, it would have been great to see him again. I suppose a return in DW at some point in the future is possible, if rather unlikely...
  • Options
    andersqandersq Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    The Trickster has got to appear in Doctor Who at some point. It would be a waste of a great villain if he did not appear.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    andersq wrote: »
    The Trickster has got to appear in Doctor Who at some point. It would be a waste of a great villain if he did not appear.

I agree, an excellent villain.

We could another Amy's Choice/Turn Left type of episode if he appeared on Doctor Who.

Not direct copies/sequels of those episodes, more in similar tone to them.
  • Options
    doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All of those episode titles sound great!
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good to trick a trickster.:D
    The Doctor was in a trickster SJA episode a while ago.
  • Options
    Check it outCheck it out Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always said Sky should become a part of Doctor Who history. I know Sarah Jane should always carry on offscreen, but I personally think it would be more fitting if Sky was introduced as what Sarah Jane was like years before her.
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BUMP!

Just heard about this! Those episode titles sound great! :) I'm really upset now :(

Also apparently "The Thirteenth Floor" has been re-written for Russel T Davies' new show Wizards Vs Aliens ( new on CBBC)
  • Options
    gareth1408gareth1408 Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    Wasn't Ace supposed to have been in one of these stories?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wish i had not read this....tey sound sublime ideas, concepts and heck the titles too.....Series 5 i truly felt we got the more fillery episodes as a three rather than the real meaty episodes....but alas was still good....just always makes you think what if these three stories aired and whit if series 6 was broadcasted right now :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hopefully someday these stories materialise on audio.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Hopefully someday these stories materialise on audio.

Sadly, I don't think it will happen. :(
  • Options
    TRT1968TRT1968 Posts: 2,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andersq wrote: »

"one of the Trickster's brigade"

An honourable mention at least!
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TRT1968 wrote: »
    "one of the Trickster's brigade"

An honourable mention at least!
    Featured in Torchwood as well, the only Villian(s) to be in all three series I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it true that Jo and Santiago would of returned for this series? Or was it hinted?
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    Is it true that Jo and Santiago would of returned for this series? Or was it hinted?
    Can't recall hearing/reading about that, there was talk about Ace making an appearance not sure if that was meant to be in one of these three stories or the 6th Series though.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Apparently Jo and Santiago were to be brought back in the Series 5 finale. Professor Rivers and the mysterious Shopkeeper were also to come back as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Jo and Santiago were to be brought back in the Series 5 finale. Professor Rivers and the mysterious Shopkeeper were also to come back as well.

Really? Wow! Series 5 would of had quite a powerful finale! :eek:

http://1.2.3.10/bmi/media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9bo9oKYk31qd4k8r.jpg
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandydune wrote: »
    Good to trick a trickster.:D
    The Doctor was in a trickster SJA episode a while ago.

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/The_Wedding_of_Sarah_Jane_Smith_(TV_story)
    http://www.doctorwhoreviews.co.uk/SJA%203.3.htm
    The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Really? Wow! Series 5 would of had quite a powerful finale! :eek:

http://1.2.3.10/bmi/media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9bo9oKYk31qd4k8r.jpg

Indeed! :D
    'The Battle of Bannerman Road' would have been a return for Luke and The Trickster too... he had a plot involving Sarah Jane's daughter, Sky. :D Not a bad ensemble for a children's series, and a tragedy that we'll never see it :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These also look interesting. (Wish I had the magazine.)

http://1.2.3.10/bmi/media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9bm0mRHmT1qd4k8r.jpg

RTD didn't give much info about "The Thirteenth Floor" but that's because it's being used for his new show. I'll definitely be watching that episode when it airs on TV.

http://1.2.3.11/bmi/media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9bnu2Uhlv1qd4k8r.jpg
    Indeed! :D
    'The Battle of Bannerman Road' would have been a return for Luke and The Trickster too... he had a plot involving Sarah Jane's daughter, Sky. :D Not a bad ensemble for a children's series, and a tragedy that we'll never see it :(

I agree, it's such a huge shame. :( I'm also interested to know what was planned for series 6.
  • Options
    MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    gareth1408 wrote: »
    Wasn't Ace supposed to have been in one of these stories?

Sophie Aldred had confirmed she was to appear in SJA. Ace - or Dorothy as she is now - was to have been a top businesswoman (head of A Charitable Earth, I would imagine) but within a few minutes would be swinging the baseball bat again. Sounded a real hoot. They were even thinking about asking Sylvester McCoy back to film a farewell scene between the 7th Doctor and Ace.