Doctor Who S07 Episode 11 - Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS 27/04/13 BBC1 6:30pm

1313233343537»

Comments

• sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a question -

how did the doctor end up underneath the Tardis at the begining ?
    did he fall through the crack?:confused:
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    I voted average.
    Mainly because of the lava people. I can accept that they were the molten remnants of the four in the Eye of Harmony trying to kill there past selves, but why then hem the Dr et al into the very place where they are created? That won't change anything!

No, but it causes it to happen. They must have chased their past selves into the room where they get horribly burned, because otherwise they won't get horribly burned and then chase their earlier selves into the place where they get horribly burned...
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    a question -

how did the doctor end up underneath the Tardis at the begining ?

...and how did Clara get transported out of the console room and underneath some debris in another corridor?

It's one of those things I've just been ignoring for the sake of dramatic license :D

I guess the TARDIS must have some kind of matter transporter we don't know about which it used to teleport the Doctor and Clara elsewhere. Presumably it sent the Doctor outside so that he could engage with the salvagers and sent Clara out of the console room so that... so that...

so that she'd get buried under rubble?

I guess the TARDIS still doesn't like her!
  • Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,939
    Forum Member
    Thrombin wrote: »
    ...and how did Clara get transported out of the console room and underneath some debris in another corridor?
    It's one of those things I've just been ignoring for the sake of dramatic license :D
    I guess the TARDIS must have some kind of matter transporter we don't know about which it used to teleport the Doctor and Clara elsewhere. Presumably it sent the Doctor outside so that he could engage with the salvagers and sent Clara out of the console room so that... so that...
    so that she'd get buried under rubble?
    I guess the TARDIS still doesn't like her!
    Was I the only one who thought of the Wicked Witch of the East when they saw Clara's legs sticking out from under that rubble?!
    :D
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave-H wrote: »
    Was I the only one who thought of the Wicked Witch of the East when they saw Clara's legs sticking out from under that rubble?!

I thought it about the Doctor's legs .
    Forum Member
    Dave-H wrote: »

Not really. I'd already had that image from seeing the Doctor's feet underneath the crashed TARDIS!

Edit: snap!
  • Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,939
    Forum Member
    Thrombin wrote: »
    Not really. I'd already had that image from seeing the Doctor's feet underneath the crashed TARDIS!
    Edit: snap!
    I could more imagine Clara in those shoes though!
  • jrmswfcjrmswfc Posts: 5,644
    Forum Member
    Probably been mentioned in the thread (I only watched the episode today and I'm not wading through 37 pages) but was there any significance to hearing The Cult's "Fire Woman" in the background in the Tardis at the start and end of the episode?

And is that the first time that a rock song has been played in the Tardis?!
    Forum Member
    I think somebody mentioned they loved the song. Nobody has said anything about whether it has any significance though. I don't think it does.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    <sry wrong thread>
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jrmswfc wrote: »
    Probably been mentioned in the thread (I only watched the episode today and I'm not wading through 37 pages) but was there any significance to hearing The Cult's "Fire Woman" in the background in the Tardis at the start and end of the episode?

And is that the first time that a rock song has been played in the Tardis?!

It allowed the Doctor to locate the exact point in time that he needed to throw the Big Friendly button into.

As to Rock songs in the TARDIS, Rory and Amy were listening to Muse (I believe) and playing darts at the start of The Rebel Flesh.

I believe the Beatles were heard once as well.
  • ntscuserntscuser Posts: 8,239
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    I believe the Beatles were heard once as well.

They were heard twice in the broadcast version of 'Remembrance of the Daleks' but deleted from later retail versions for copyright reasons.

They also appeared (sort of) on screen in 'The Chase' in a clip taken from the 1965 BBC 'Top of the Pops' recording.
  • wildangelwildangel Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    Just rewatching Logopolis and - reflecting on this thread's ep - would it really have killed them to give us roundels? (the corridors here are an improvement on TDW but not a patch on what classic style could look like rebuilt and lit well/single camera).

Sometimes, trying deliberately to avoid what has been done before misses the point that they actually got it right the first time....