That AWFUL Impressionist

2»

Comments

• Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmeister wrote: »
    How the hell did he get a standing ovation from the crowd and 4 yeses?

He was bloody awful and sounded nothing like any of them.>:(>:(>:(

You have to remember that they have to sit through an awful lot of cr*p. He may have seemed like a genius if there were several rubbish acts on before him. This is why they often don't get the same reaction at the live shows as they do at the auditions
  • topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he could practise and improve.

When he watches it back he might see they're not quite right. Marcus bentley was the worst
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lulz77 wrote: »
    For me no one has matched Paul Burling from 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INvZcatYqq0

Yeah he was excellent. Really nailed all of the people he was doing. The guy last night isn't even close.
  • MandyXZMandyXZ Posts: 86,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked him, he was good.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to see how to do Homer and Marge properly, try Burling's audition ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPKB2feMR4s#t=190
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have to remember that they have to sit through an awful lot of cr*p. He may have seemed like a genius if there were several rubbish acts on before him. This is why they often don't get the same reaction at the live shows as they do at the auditions

Couple of girls at work went to the London auditions and said the same thing really. They said there was so much dross that anyone half decent seemed like such a breath of fresh air.
  • Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have to remember that they have to sit through an awful lot of cr*p. He may have seemed like a genius if there were several rubbish acts on before him. ...

Heaven help the audience it there were even worse acts to endure!

Bad enough sitting at home through this years collection of no-hopers but if you're stuck in a theatre for hours having to watch even more of the rubbish then you must get near to losing the will to live.
  • BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    I wat not impressed.
  • Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No where near in the class of Les Gibson and Paul Burling. Both had signature impressions Kevin Webster and Harry Hill this guy doesn't have any.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,620
    Forum Member
    He's just been interviewed on This Morning and, of course, he worked several impressions into the interview. He was actually a lot better than he'd been on BGT.
  • Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    He's just been interviewed on This Morning and, of course, he worked several impressions into the interview. He was actually a lot better than he'd been on BGT.

Interesting, but, there again, he could hardly have been worse.
  • classicsforeverclassicsforever Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    As usual we were all deceived by the comments made before his appearance. It was all based on his father also having been on a talent show. However Clegg failed to mention he's been in the business for 15 years, worked in holiday camps, done corporate gigs, cruise ships, panto with Joe Pasquale and a tour with 'Forever in Blue Jeans.'
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hmeister wrote: »
    How the hell did he get a standing ovation from the crowd and 4 yeses?

He was bloody awful and sounded nothing like any of them.>:(>:(>:(

I thought he was ok, nothing special .

Doesn't BGT have a pre-audition stage like X factor ? So everyone we see on the show has the seal of approval from Cowell's selection team .
  • CM2604CM2604 Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    I thought he was pretty good.

The Simpson's were excellent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Half his impressions were good and half were terrible. Mind you, his dad's Del Boy was pretty appalling so you can see where he gets it :D
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Heaven help the audience it there were even worse acts to endure!

Bad enough sitting at home through this years collection of no-hopers but if you're stuck in a theatre for hours having to watch even more of the rubbish then you must get near to losing the will to live.

Frankly I don't know how anyone endures it. 10 minutes on Sky+ is almost too much for me. There must be an awful lot of masochists out there who love being told when to chant, clap and boo.