Options

Corrie, Wednesday 19/12/12, 7:30pm - Explosive Violins And Gratuitous Sax

191011121315»

Comments

• Options
    norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,678
    Forum Member
    I've put it in spoilers for you - we don't all read the mags or want to know what's happening. That's why they have a thread for spoilers.:rolleyes:

But it's not actually a spoiler. It's speculation that was rife, but that was possibly a misinterpretation of the spoiler that Tyrone's name was not going to be on the birth certificate, or possibly part of the plan for the storyline - as they seemed to hint towards it with 'Kirsty's cousin' being the father - but the producer decided to go another way, or possibly was never part of the plan at all. Or the speculation could be correct, but it is based only on what we have observed, it is not a spoiler.

What's more, mrbernay is normally a 'responsible poster', so wouldn't deliberately 'spoil'. Ironically, your retro-fitting of spoiler tags is likely to make people think this is a confirmed future sl, when it isn't at all as far as I know.
  • Options
    FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've put it in spoilers for you - we don't all read the mags or want to know what's happening. That's why they have a thread for spoilers.:rolleyes:

thats not a spoiler thats supposition om Mr B's part
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But it's not actually a spoiler. It's speculation that was rife, but that was possibly a misinterpretation of the spoiler that Tyrone's name was not going to be on the birth certificate, or possibly part of the plan for the storyline - as they seemed to hint towards it with 'Kirsty's cousin' being the father - but the producer decided to go another way, or possibly was never part of the plan at all. Or the speculation could be correct, but it is based only on what we have observed, it is not a spoiler.

What's more, mrbernay is normally a 'responsible poster', so wouldn't deliberately 'spoil'. Ironically, your retro-fitting of spoiler tags is likely to make people think this is a confirmed future sl, when it isn't at all as far as I know.

Well said, norbi. :)
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Why on earth do they want a church marriage????

Why wouldn't they.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still can't feel sympathy I'm afraid, I can't stand Fiz and it just spoils it for me. Such a shame the woman playing Kirsty is utterly brilliant but Fiz being involved continues to ruin any dramatic effect.

To be honest the whole idea of marriage etc is beyond stupid they haven't thought this out properly but it's still a very good story to be going into Xmas with! I would just love it if they focused on Kirsty and Tyrone and let him find the strength to fight back rather than yet again resort of tired old adultery and yet ANOTHER woman pulling his strings.

I didn't rate it highly purely because Jennie McAlpines lack of skills bought it down to wobbly sets and moving camera levels of soap for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both Natalie Gumede & Alan Halsall both deserve awards for this storyline imo

They won't get them, the usual useless but popular ones will win as ever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MsWilder11 wrote: »
    Does anyone care about the ruddy Spice Girls? :yawn:

Not really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Brilliant ep, I'm giving my first ever 10. :cool:

Poor poor Tyrone. :cry:

Off to watch Snow Babies now. Awwwww, cute :):)

I gave a 1 on Principle.

It was only later I realised I don't have any principles so should have gave it 10.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    I gave a 1 on Principle.

It was only later I realised I don't have any principles so should have gave it 10.

What are you like? :rolleyes::D:D:D
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Fiz is ruining this storyline. It was such a good storyline when it was kirsty being paranoid over something which didnt exist. Now its turned into an affair with kirsty getting angry because she is right and tyrone is creeping around behind her back seeing fiz at any opportunity.

The story had more dramatic effect when it was in kirstys head, now its turning into yet another soap affair.

Personally it would have been better if tyrone had secretly been seeing tommy or tina to plan how to get out of the situation with kirsty paranoid he was seeing fiz.

Tyrone and fiz but be two of the stupidest characters if they think this will work. Secretly meeting up at roys rolls, as if roy wouldnt spill the beans if kirsty asked if he had seen tyrone. Nobody told him not to so im suprised he didnt mention it.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have to agree with others who have expressed their regrets that the PTB in their 'wisdom' decided to make Fiz and Tyrone embark on an affair.

Although it could be argued that it's Kirsty's actions which has brought them closer, I agree that the storyline had so much more punch if it was just left as Kirsty's paranoia about Fiz and Tyrone. This way Kirsty is almost being exonerated! It could be argued that she 'felt' there was something between them all along which made her edgy and insecure. When the neighbours and workmates find out they might even have a tiny bit sympathy for Kirsty as the 'wronged woman' - not agreeing with her actions but knowing she was right all along in her suspicions.

By doing this it does make me wonder if the producers are seeing Kirsty as a longer term character who can be rehabilitated? Or if they're going to have the usual OTT exit storyline a la Mad Maya?
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan-Bevis wrote: »
    Awesome episode.

Poor, sexy Ty... :cry::o

This is the first episode where I'm actually beginning to feel abit sorry for Kirsty too actually - she really can't help herself. There's a twisted, obsessive love for Ty there too - loves him too much.

I missed the eps where her mum and father featured, did Kirsty ever consciously admit that she's a 'chip off the old block', regarding the beatings her father did to her mother when she was growing up?

If not, I do wonder if she knows on some concious level by now...

I really, really hope they just don't kill her off [take the easy route] - I want her to get the help she needs as her exit sl.

She's not a Richard Hillman etc., someone beyond saving methinks.

I agree with the twisted, obsessive part. But it's not love that she feels, just desperate insecurity and self loathing.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sian2011 wrote: »
    I still can't feel sympathy I'm afraid, I can't stand Fiz and it just spoils it for me. Such a shame the woman playing Kirsty is utterly brilliant but Fiz being involved continues to ruin any dramatic effect.

To be honest the whole idea of marriage etc is beyond stupid they haven't thought this out properly but it's still a very good story to be going into Xmas with! I would just love it if they focused on Kirsty and Tyrone and let him find the strength to fight back rather than yet again resort of tired old adultery and yet ANOTHER woman pulling his strings.

I didn't rate it highly purely because Jennie McAlpines lack of skills bought it down to wobbly sets and moving camera levels of soap for me.

Totally agree. I don't think Tyrone would even be thinking about getting involved with Fiz at this point in his life. Hasn't he had enough drama with Molly leaving him and then dying and now living with a psycho?:eek:

This whole romance with Fiz has come out of the blue and it detracts from the very serious subject of living with an abusive person. They are giving Kirsty an excuse to be mad with jealousy, as if she even needs one.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    I agree with the twisted, obsessive part. But it's not love that she feels, just desperate insecurity and self loathing.

I think there's love there, just that nigh on everything she does is driven by her other emotions.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Have to agree with others who have expressed their regrets that the PTB in their 'wisdom' decided to make Fiz and Tyrone embark on an affair.

Although it could be argued that it's Kirsty's actions which has brought them closer, I agree that the storyline had so much more punch if it was just left as Kirsty's paranoia about Fiz and Tyrone. This way Kirsty is almost being exonerated! It could be argued that she 'felt' there was something between them all along which made her edgy and insecure. When the neighbours and workmates find out they might even have a tiny bit sympathy for Kirsty as the 'wronged woman' - not agreeing with her actions but knowing she was right all along in her suspicions.

By doing this it does make me wonder if the producers are seeing Kirsty as a longer term character who can be rehabilitated? Or if they're going to have the usual OTT exit storyline a la Mad Maya?

Kirsty isn't being exonerated in any way shape or form IMO.
    She was similarly obsessed that Tina was carrying on, with Tyrone, she's jealous of anyone else being a big part of Tyrone's life.

It's a shame they've decided to go down the 'spectacular' route again, then thrown an affair into the mix, as if this storyline needed it.
    Real shame as Kirsty began as a smirking to camera villain, then they slowed her down a bit which improved things no end IMO.
    The slow burn of 'will she, won't she' lose the plot again, in Tyrone/Kirsty scenes was quite good.
    He hasn't lost his temper and had a go at her for ages either, it's all one way traffic.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Perhaps I better explain a little more.

Generally when I give a rating for Corrie it is based solely on how engaged the episode made me feel and how much I enjoyed it.

Last night's episode was a little different because of the way it was structured around Kirsty and Tyrone and the fact that it had 12 characters (vicar included ;)) rather than the usual high teens / twenty something.

So I awarded a 9 for the plot structure which I thought was well done and which allowed writer Debbie Oates a little more time to explore Tyrone and Kirsty's relationship and also to show some of the people connected with them.

The "3" rating was based purely on how much I enjoyed the episode and how engaged I felt by it. It's not a rating for the quality of the acting or (arguably) how well written the episode was.

As I stated initially, I've never been that interested in Tyrone as a character and his current storyline with Kirsty really hasn't captured my interest at all.
    Had the same things happened to a character I actually care ebout eg Roy, Gail, Leanne, Eileen, Jason etc then I'd have ben a lot more engaged, a lot more interested and that "3" would have been a lot higher as well.

Ah that's fair enough. :)
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely adore this Tyrone/Kirsty plot. It's my favourite soap storyline in quite some time. No other soap storyline has got me as hooked in a long while!

I'd love for Kirsty to become a long term character in some way, once this storyline reaches some kind of conclusion even though I know it's unlikely.