Options

Mary and SUBO could do a duet

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
Forum Member
✭✭
I thiink there voices would go well together.

Comments

• Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    eduble wrote: »
    I thiink there voices would go well together.

Would there be a stage strong enough though:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Would there be a stage strong enough though:D

Wembeley? or they could do a satellite link up and both be in different places lol.
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    absolutely no way. Totally different voices and singing styles.I also think Subo (and am no fan) would walk the floor with Mary. Personally I think Mary has a shouty voice whereas Subo;s is very pure
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    absolutely no way. Totally different voices and singing styles.I also think Subo (and am no fan) would walk the floor with Mary. Personally I think Mary has a shouty voice whereas Subo;s is very pure

Off topic but did the UK wash their hands of SUBO she seems to popular everywhere apart from here.
  • Options
    -Jade"-Jade" Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    Don't lumber Mary with that overhyped woman.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    No. As another poster has said, very different voices and singing styles. SuBo has a decent voice (although not as good as has been made out) but it's like singing by numbers. Mary also has a good voice - more pleasing to my ears - and she sings with feeling and style.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    twingle wrote: »

Agree with you. Lots of big singers would love to duet with Subo and have said so. But she wants to do her own thing. Only duet on her album is with the unknown singer she's giving a chance to. She is very, very busy. Glee is anxious to get her and she'd like to do it, but they still haven't figured out how to fit it into her schedule.

Wish people would stop looking for the next Susan Boyle. She was a worldwide sensation and still is. Nobody can live up to that standard and it's unfair to this year's contestants.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Off topic but did the UK wash their hands of SUBO she seems to popular everywhere apart from here.

Subo's debut album was the fastest selling in history in the UK last year and she ended up 5X platinum. 4Xplatinum in the US. Her home folks did her proud.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    eduble wrote: »
    Wembeley? or they could do a satellite link up and both be in different places lol.

Subo is 5 ft. tall and weighs about 150. Mary is what ? About 5' 8" and weighs about 200 lbs. She'd make 1 1/2 Subos
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trennie wrote: »

Wish people would stop looking for the next Susan Boyle. She was a worldwide sensation and still is. Nobody can live up to that standard and it's unfair to this year's contestants.

standard? .. each to their own but I find that vocally Subo isn't anywhere up there with the great female vocalists .. for me she sings like a little girl and like a previous poster has said it's singing by numbers, very robotic without much emotion

she's only a worldwide sensation because of the novelty value attached to her backstory .. vocally she's not all that and I've heard many people with voices like her in am dram groups and local choirs .. it's the hype, not her voice that's the main drive behind her success

I also think that Mary and Subo have very different voices that wouldn't work as a duet .. the duet on her album is just another excuse to make money out of another "sob story" and promote the album to the US market more

Subo's duet with Elaine Paige on that TV special was awful as Subo can't adapt and blend with another singer as she's too rehearsed and robotic .. she was out of time with both the backing track and Elaine, she was constantly singing ahead of the track and at times you could see Elaine having to try and adapt to get in sync with Subo and drag her back in time with the backing track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0ogG9_FBWI&feature=PlayList&p=1AE72DA6C69404BA&index=0&playnext=1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well after Marys performance on Saturday I think a duet would be a good idea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does the UK still bother about SUBO or was she sold mainly to the world.

I would imagine Mary's opportunites would be limited because of SUBO, would the Americans buy into this stuff a second time