Where is Sylvia, Roy Croppers Mum ?

squeekycheekssqueekycheeks Posts: 150
Forum Member
Excuse my ignorance, but what happened to her ? It seems she just vanished into thin air. One minute she was there and then the next breath -Pooof ,shes gone ! Has there been an explantion for her absence ?

Its a shame really as I think Stephanie Cole would have been an asset to this storyline....

Comments

• Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something to do with the health of her brother I think. It seemed silly just her vanishing like that to her sisters or whatever, but I guess they couldn't just kill her off in the middle of Hayley's story
  • squeekycheekssqueekycheeks Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    Ah , thanks Tom- Bennett
  • hardylanehardylane Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something to do with the health of her brother I think. It seemed silly just her vanishing like that to her sisters or whatever, but I guess they couldn't just kill her off in the middle of Hayley's story

Tragically, her brother died and she needed time off. During that time, she got better offers than Corrie and decided to take them.
  • CatmittensCatmittens Posts: 1,507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hardylane wrote: »
    Tragically, her brother died and she needed time off. During that time, she got better offers than Corrie and decided to take them.

Thanks for the info hardylane. It certainly would be nice to see Sylvia again in the future - even if it's only for a handful of eps. As long as Roy is still there, then Sylvia can always return. The fallout created by her absence during Hayley's last months would be great to explore onscreen.
  • Menime123Menime123 Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She would have been a huge asset to the storyline, and it could have been the making of a Corrie legend. But it wasn't meant to be, and I suspect she'll never return.which is a shame, because the only reason Hayley knew she was dying is because Sylvia left a letter behind in her retirement home.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What was the scripted explanation?
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think we will see Sylv again- great character.
  • CamzarellaCamzarella Posts: 331
    Forum Member
    Westy2 wrote: »
    What was the scripted explanation?

Scripted she upped and left leaving a note...Roy took it as she was too much of a coward to deal with supporting Hayley.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I saw her over Christmas hanging out with David Jason.