Lee should of been booed by the crowd

2»

Comments

• Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    If anything tonight's show just proves the crowd is not needed, he still had his quick interview with Emma.....

That's a really good point. The interview was more audible and direct than when there is a large crowd mooing and moaning in the background. I'm not sure they really add anything to the show ......I'm always cringeing TBH.
  • SG-1SG-1 Posts: 16,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    digiqueen wrote: »
    Way back in the mists of time we didn't have these baying mobs. It was all quite civilised. Can anyone remember when it changed? Was it a subtle change or did it happen with the channel shift? The reason I ask is that I worked abroad for a while and missed a few years.
    There were incidents of booing in the early days..Adele BB3 for example but the real nasty stuff started when BB6 ( Makosi etc ) evictions got so rough that things were thrown at one or two housemates on stage,they had quite a few boos as housemates entered during BB5 and that did almost come across as pantomime except when shell jubin came out I remember some guy really deep booing in an agressive manner.

BB7 was the year chanting started ( get grace out )
    By BB9 it got so ridiculous that even the finalists got booed including the winner.
    I think its slightly toned down these days when you consider the size of the audience now and Emma seems to have a more positive effect than Brian did.
    Also that live show producer jamie sutcliffe who admitted he loved the boos and he was responsible for leaving the eye open during BB12,13 has gone and so thankfully now we get to hear most of the eviction interviews.
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    I happen to agree ......it grates on me no end. I do manage to stop myself from criticising although at times it's blo*dy difficult.

I wish you and others,that do it, would stop themselves full stop ..I think it is very rude,not to say embarrassing, for the person targeted.

I hate seeing it

Back to Lee...he is a complete and utter plonker!

He stil thinks he did no wrong.
  • onfencewithrachonfencewithrach Posts: 6,479
    Forum Member
    digiqueen wrote: »
    Way back in the mists of time we didn't have these baying mobs. It was all quite civilised. Can anyone remember when it changed? Was it a subtle change or did it happen with the channel shift? The reason I ask is that I worked abroad for a while and missed a few years.

It got regressively worse and worse starting with season 5. Season 4 was very pleasant and civil, even when the housemates entered the house it was low key and quiet, where they went over and briefly spoke with their family before entering.

Apparently the tone of that series wasn't well received with the public and the next season was in contrast to that and quite extreme.

There was in contrast a rowdy crowd, and a much more extreme tone.

Jason coming out in a thong, Kitten french kissing her girlfriend and flipping off the crowd provoking boo's, etc.

Mostly Females got destroyed by that savage mob as it progressed in my view.
    An example is Vanessa in season 5 (as did another one of the Females) who got treated quite rudely, as Davina described.. "it's quite Gladiatorial out there"., Sam and Makosi in season 6, Grace from season 7 as someone else mentioned i think is one of the first to actually hear chants against her from in the house i think.

The extreme, rowdy, over the top tone of that series (5) i think is where the die was cast.
  • adwaltonadwalton Posts: 4,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stellen11 wrote: »
    He should of been booed but its just the luck of the draw. I thought casey was going and would have been glad if she had this audience and not the baying crowd.

Why should OF and would HAVE? Is that hedging one's bet?
  • adwaltonadwalton Posts: 4,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well he has suffered a booing crowd before, when he was voted into the secret Butt-Hole room with Casey.

I thought he went into a bolt hole. What's a butt hole?
  • jez37jez37 Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He got an easy escape yes but the baying mob do annoy me as well.

Sidenote: I didn't realise that this had become a concise English forum and it's rude to point out someone's grammar.
  • wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BurlyBeaR wrote: »
    It's "should have" love.

Sorry. But that really pisses me off.

I agree.
  • JVSJVS Posts: 12,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HollyC wrote: »
    Why should he have been booed by the crowd? Yes, he was a right dick,...

You've answered your own question.
  • summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG!! LOL, is this what we have resorted to!! BOOOing crowds of chavs, the judgement Police!!
  • soapmaniasoapmania Posts: 7,452
    Forum Member
    I think the housemates were told in the adverts that Lee had the lowest votes hence why he had his coat on and how the other housemates were emotionless at his "shock" departure. Whether he deserved a rent-a-mob reception or not is by the by, the guy was never getting one anyway imo thanks to BB's medelling as usual.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SG-1 wrote: »
    There were incidents of booing in the early days..Adele BB3 for example but the real nasty stuff started when BB6 ( Makosi etc ) evictions got so rough that things were thrown at one or two housemates on stage,they had quite a few boos as housemates entered during BB5 and that did almost come across as pantomime except when shell jubin came out I remember some guy really deep booing in an agressive manner.

BB7 was the year chanting started ( get grace out )
    By BB9 it got so ridiculous that even the finalists got booed including the winner.
    I think its slightly toned down these days when you consider the size of the audience now and Emma seems to have a more positive effect than Brian did.
    Also that live show producer jamie sutcliffe who admitted he loved the boos and he was responsible for leaving the eye open during BB12,13 has gone and so thankfully now we get to hear most of the eviction interviews.

Two, and while they were going through the crowd rather than when they were on stage. Sam had some liquid thrown on her, and Vanessa was hit by (I think) an orange.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stellen11 wrote: »
    He should of been booed but its just the luck of the draw. I thought casey was going and would have been glad if she had this audience and not the baying crowd.

Here we go again! It's should have.
  • Wayne_BWayne_B Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BROXI BEAR wrote: »
    Pisses me off too.

Me too ;)
  • michaelkegnanmichaelkegnan Posts: 1,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lee should of been booed by the crowd outside he got off lightly and this is so wrong >:(

He should have won.
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lee should of been booed so much he is a player and deserves the rent a mob crowd booing his ass
  • denzldenzl Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know why his wife divorced him ?
  • MirageMirage Posts: 39,247
    Forum Member
    He will get booed when Emma brings the evicted housemates out on Finale night. It won't be as bad as it could have been, but I doubt the mob will let him get away without something.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    denzl wrote: »
    Does anyone know why his wife divorced him ?

He was never married. That women in question has sold three stories. It seems Lee attract ****.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mirage wrote: »
    He will get booed when Emma brings the evicted housemates out on Finale night. It won't be as bad as it could have been, but I doubt the mob will let him get away without something.

Get away? This is not a court case; just a mere TV show.
  • whitewitchwhitewitch Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mirage wrote: »

unless he chicken's out :p
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    It's "should have" love.

Me too :blush:
  • japarajapara Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's "should have" love.

Oh me too, unfortunately you see this more & more, is there no such thing as grammar lessons in school anymore?