Options

Talksport Chat (Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why dont you phone the forum nurse ( Ven ) to find out, shes only moving into the nxt block to him in 'Canary Wharf' ? :p:D

ha ha ha ... nothing as downmarket as Canary Wharf for me Sleeps, that place is SO 1997:D
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,596
    Forum Member
    Venetian wrote: »
    ha ha ha ... nothing as downmarket as Canary Wharf for me Sleeps, that place is SO 1997:D

Think you may be a W4 like Andy Jacobs
  • Options
    Joe19Joe19 Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame Big Al wasn't on today to defend Brendan who he "luvvs tae bits". Despite Liverpool being terrible in the six games, claiming one win against a side no pundit had heard of before the draw. All the hype about magical European nights too, Saggs going into awful puns before the commentary- it all went a bit flat, didn't it?

Poor from TalkSport not to have booked in Mick Quinn to tell us about his beloved Pool and how wonderful they are even in defeat. Maybe he'll stick to Noocassel in future?

Good old Dants turning up at 6.05am to cover the Hall of Famer and probably managing more research and effort than Brazil puts in. He probably even watched the game last night.
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joe19 wrote: »
    He probably even watched the game last night.

Big Al said he watched all the game on monday night, so I'd guess he watched all of last nights game aswell ? :confused:
  • Options
    Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big Al said he watched all the game on monday night, so I'd guess he watched all of last nights game aswell ? :confused:

No wonder he never made it in then if he watched all the game, :Dwhat an effort by Al to actually stay up for a game, I mean it's not like it's important to him because he's the anchor of a national radio sports show 5 mornings a week is it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ah, two nights in a row, now we see why a day off was called for :D
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,596
    Forum Member
    Was talking about Andy Townsend last night and I thought I would share about the time I met him. Was about nine years ago in Malta and it was in a bar where they held a pool competition every couple of nights.
    Andy was there with his two sons and he was a genuinely decent bloke, who got a lot of attention from the football crazy Maltese and BTW he is a fantastic pool player! All those stories about old players spending a lot of time in snooker halls must be true in the case of AT. He also told me that Bob Geldof can knock in a century break at snooker regularly which surprised me.
    Anyways that is my one and only encounter with a TS presenter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FrostyJim wrote: »
    I'm watching the Liverpool match on ITV and listening to the Talksport commentary through my laptop and the commentary is about 5 minutes behind. I was watching and trying to figure out which was before which, because it's not even close, and then Basel scored on the telly and I'm still waiting for the commentary to catch up. I always thought the radio was ahead of the telly. Weird because when I did the same during the World Cup, I'd hear a goal on my portable radio at work and then tell everyone about the goal and we'd all run to the nearest telly just in time to see the goal "live". Maybe it's because I'm using the Talksport website.

I should have further mentioned earlier another reason I don't listen to talkSPORT live match commentaries is this ... all incidentelly from the same game.
  • Options
    FrostyJimFrostyJim Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Billy244 wrote: »
    I should have further mentioned earlier another reason I don't listen to talkSPORT live match commentaries is this ... all incidentelly from the same game.

Who is that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is that?

Who is what exactly?.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Billy244 wrote: »
    Who is what exactly?.

The commentator.
  • Options
    HomesdaleHomesdale Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    Sounds like Nigel Adderley
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adrian giving the worlds stupidest explanation as to why he thinks Gerrard's goal was better than Aaron Ramseys last night.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Homesdale wrote: »

Thanks mate, thought it might be.
  • Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    What did I tell you old Dungham would say :)

Dungham might be a tw$t but at least he's consistent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do like Durham's completely bizarre disdain for AVB. He's in Russia you goon, you don't need to worry about him anymore. Stick to our own failures in Brendan, Arry and your Fergie.
  • Options
    The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is that?
    Homesdale wrote: »

Yes, it's Nigel Adderley.
  • Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    I do like Durham's completely bizarre disdain for AVB. He's in Russia you goon, you don't need to worry about him anymore. Stick to our own failures in Brendan, Arry and your Fergie.

St Arry can do no wrong at Talkbollocks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The commentator.

Dunno mate I don't listen to em.
  • Options
    CorbynDallasCorbynDallas Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another incredible week in the UEFA Champions League premier competition and I have heard it all LIVE on TalkSport.

Liverpool sadly couldn't quite push through despite Steven Gerrard's wonder strike late on but they will play in the prestigious UEFA Europa League from next year

Arsenal qualified and will surely progress to draw Barcelona or Bayern and go out but well done to the serial losers.

Man City did an AMAZING job at scoring two goals against Roma to qualify and they might to all the way - I will be following on TalKSport

Chelsea were already through and easily dispatched Sporting de Lisbon at Stamford Bridge, they might go all the way - I will be following on TalkSport

Some exceptional opinion and commentary on TalkSPort from Danny Murphy at Anfield to Danny Higginbotham on the Man City game I have enjoyed the ride and I think it will only get better on TalkSport.

Brilliant discussion of all the issues right after the matches on The Sports Bar with Goldstein and Cundy which I can't get on any other UK station so thanks TalkSport I loved tonight. Lucky poo is coming for you and download the wonderfully nostalgic 'Diamond Lights' by Goldstein and Cundy featuring The Gouldfather at Itunes. Great stuff guys you can do it the day before pickle the cucumber

Keep it TalkSport I am obsessed:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Brazil again today? Poorly?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listening to last nights Sports Bar. Cundy really hates Man City, never gives them any credit at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    St Arry can do no wrong at Talkbollocks.

He's not the only one. But the AVB bashing is just bizarre. He was a young manager appointed at Chelsea and didn't do well, left. Applied for the Spurs job and was given it and did ok in his first season, then signed a lot of players and left last year. Is he doing any worse than Pochettino now? No. Did he hang around touting himself for more jobs like some? No, he went to another part of the world and tried to get on with his life and career.

Yet Durham can't resist sticking the boot in. It's all a bit odd.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Talksport Promotions Department should be paying you £10 a line Corbyn or maybe you ARE the Talksport Promotions Department either way another excellent load of bull from start to finish.:D Talksport's 3.5 million listeners are mostly made up of switch on, switch over or switch off fleeting listeners and considering the possible listenership out there is about 65 million people [living in a football obsessed country] 3.5 million fleeting part time listeners is pretty grubby in reality isn't it.

Try BBC Radio 5 mate, they make better shows, have better presenters, have no inane boring adverts and have double the listeners of tinpot setup talkSPORT. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's not the only one. But the AVB bashing is just bizarre. He was a young manager appointed at Chelsea and didn't do well, left. Applied for the Spurs job and was given it and did ok in his first season, then signed a lot of players and left last year. Is he doing any worse than Pochettino now? No. Did he hang around touting himself for more jobs like some? No, he went to another part of the world and tried to get on with his life and career.

Yet Durham can't resist sticking the boot in. It's all a bit odd.

Heard Quinn this morning knocking Dungham for all his Wenger garbage, Dungham is now so bad even the talkSPORT presenters are mentioning it.
This discussion has been closed.