✭✭✭
    Splendid from Giroud

That's a very potent front 3 we have now
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here we go. 3-1.

We have been known to lose a lead against Newcastle.
  • Options
    yakutzyakutz Posts: 10,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So it begins. Just when I was starting to feel quite good about this one.
  • Options
    NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    Can't defend set pieces.

3-1. Half an hour to go.
  • Options
    Red NovemberRed November Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just go back to Cazorla's goal and imagine it's 2-0

And peace will descend
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good to see Podolski come on for Giroud ahead of Sanogo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Game set and match. 4-1 against an in form Newcastle team.

Our attack looks really good.

We are really struggling at the back but from the sounds of it from Wenger, it will be a last minute scramble for a bargain instead of strengthening as early as possible to get the reinforcements in at the back that we so desperately need.

Lets see how we do away from home next against Liverpool.
  • Options
    TironTiron Posts: 8,080
    Forum Member
    We won! *gasp*

Wasn't confident we would all things considering.

Anyway, good job, good win.
  • Options
    terry45terry45 Posts: 2,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The dog was demanding walkies when it went to 3-1. I had visions of returning home to a 3-4 scoreline.

Well done lads.
  • Options
    PhilT1808PhilT1808 Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never thought you'd do anything other than win comfortably against us today. We have a terrible record at the Emirates. You played well and look good going forward. Hopefully we an get back to winning ways next week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We win comprehensively 4-1 and we're still not first on MOTD.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Listened to some nonsense from Redknapp et all on Sky Sports after the game.. "Arsenal are only 2 points off 4th place" etc, doesnt that prove just how shit this league and opposition is? :confused:
  • Options
    ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Listened to some nonsense from Redknapp et all on Sky Sports after the game.. "Arsenal are only 2 points off 4th place" etc, doesnt that prove just how shit this league and opposition is? :confused:

It's actually depressing. We'll probably scrape into 4th again and the same problems will persist and not be addressed. The defence is in disarray and absolutely NOTHING has been done about it. It has been like this for about 5 years.

Wenger is so short-sighted. The reason why he didn't buy a centre-back before the start of the season was Calum Chambers had a few good games. Watching him during the season, it is clear that he has potential but he needs more experience.
  • Options
    satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    ustarion wrote: »
    It's actually depressing. We'll probably scrape into 4th again and the same problems will persist and not be addressed. The defence is in disarray and absolutely NOTHING has been done about it. It has been like this for about 5 years.

Wenger is so short-sighted. The reason why he didn't buy a centre-back before the start of the season was Calum Chambers had a few good games. Watching him during the season, it is clear that he has potential but he needs more experience.

I agree.

One bloody win and a few points closer to the Holy Grail of 4th place has the Wenger faithful singing "there's only one....."

The sooner we get shot of him the quicker we can get out of this never ending cycle.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Yep, it's 'competitive' for all the wrong reasons.

Wenger has had five years to sort out the defence, and he hasn't. The record against Manchester United, Chelsea and even Stoke away is pathetic and won't change any time soon. Nothing done about the injury crisis and the predictability of Arsenal tonking mid-table teams and wasting chances against the big boys.

It's boring.
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Tbf to them they are only saying the truth. Its not our fault other teams can not finish 4th. Does it prove how bad the league or how better the lower teams are getting. I think teams are having WC hangover hence why some of the big guns have been poor.

It was a good result yesterday why worry about where we finish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    satellite wrote: »
    I agree.

One bloody win and a few points closer to the Holy Grail of 4th place has the Wenger faithful singing "there's only one....."

The sooner we get shot of him the quicker we can get out of this never ending cycle.

This, our fans are looking fickle and daft it makes the club look like a joke.
  • Options
    ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    we shouldn't be behind Man Utd this season. de Gea is way better than Szcz but we don't have a weaker 1st team than they do. They are well organised and don't underachieve against other 'big' sides.
    Sky's commentator praising Wenger and the AKB singalong yesterday was mighty depressing. It's like watching the same Songs of Praise on a loop year after year. Nobody thought to point out on TV that no fans who wanted him out before had suddenly joined in the singing of There's only one....but I do think the blokes shouting at him at Stoke railway station was a bit embarrassing for sensible fans.
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liverpool are absolutely woeful.
    We'll probably make them look like word beaters next Sunday.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Hayden wrote: »
    Balotelli to score his first goal, no doubt.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hayden wrote: »

Yes. That's one of the things that gets me about us. So annoying!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Balotelli to score his first goal, no doubt.

Of course! Then help kick start their frigging season as well!
  • Options
    Red NovemberRed November Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I intend having my biggest football bet of the season next week. At around 7/4 we are very good value, and have a most excellent chance of beating the scousers at Anfield

They are a shadow of last season, and there to be taken
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monaco, get in. Winnable tie at least for once.
This discussion has been closed.