Non 28e Music Channels Discussion

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Recently i came across Eska TV on lyngsat i rescanned for it on my box but cant seem to find it on my box its at Hotbird and the channel is listed as FTA?
    Have you checked that transponder is set to DVB-S2 8PSK on your box? I think I had to change it on mine.
  • YorkshireTeaYorkshireTea Posts: 1,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im still loving MAD BG nearly dance all the time a great uplifting summer channel.

Voice Party is still pretty impressive.
  • TranceClubberTranceClubber Posts: 2,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im still loving MAD BG nearly dance all the time a great uplifting summer channel.

Voice Party is still pretty impressive.

I Agree about MAD BG has nice uplifting feel to its playlists ive never seen any music channel that includes a huge variety for Dance along with the forgotten tracks that hasnt been seen on other TV Channels in a long time.

The Voice Party is another favourite of mine they have a nice library of tracks from Armada/Armind and Blackhole :)
  • White MonkWhite Monk Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    White Monk wrote: »
    Although I guess this thread is geared to fta channels, I thought I'd mention that Fransat/TNTSAT include W9 and Virgin17.

The French seem to be a bit more liberal in their content, broadcasting Mylene Farmer's Libertine recently in an early afternoon 'Best Of' programme :)

I used to subscribe to MCM in DMAC :rolleyes: some years ago before it closed, but it now costs an arm and a leg to get any decent French music channels, so I decided to get a TNTSAT package off ebay. Beware though, according to many posters including me, the boxes that come with the packages are pretty naff, but the Viaccess card can be made to work with other boxes.

It would appear that Virgin17 has been replaced with Direct Star since Sept 1. All those zany idents - gone :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mistermeep wrote: »
    Have you checked that transponder is set to DVB-S2 8PSK on your box? I think I had to change it on mine.

Eska is now available FTA in DVB-S. This is excellent news. The channel plays a lot of European dance music, is in widescreen with good picture and sound quality.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DJjay18 wrote: »
    Eska is now available FTA in DVB-S. This is excellent news. The channel plays a lot of European dance music, is in widescreen with good picture and sound quality.

For those that have not found it yet, Eska TV can be found in the clear in two places on Hotbird at 19 E :)

10834 V DVB-S2 8PSK 27500 3/4
    11508 V DVB-S 27500 5/6
  • alex_tsalex_ts Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    White Monk wrote: »
    For those that have not found it yet, Eska TV can be found in the clear in two places on Hotbird at 19 E :)

10834 V DVB-S2 8PSK 27500 3/4
    11508 V DVB-S 27500 5/6

HotBird is at 13° E. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alex_ts wrote: »
    HotBird is at 13° E. ;)

OOOps - senior moment :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    Vh1 European has a new look, and now has the logo in the left corner just like the uk version.
    It also has 2 "new" shows: Vh1 Loves (hour of hits you also see on every other pop musicchannel, nothing surprising) and Guess the Year (hits of the last 10 years).

Some screenshots of VH1 Europe's new look
    Screenshots of some other musicchannels
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MTV Germany to encrypt from 1.1.2011

Only available on Sky DE, Cable and possibly others after that date. Viva will stay free-to-air.

More information http://www.tvmatrix.de/?newsid=12183 (In German)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know what happened to Carli on 16e?
  • Manc-RedManc-Red Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but Dance TV HD on 23e is great.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is it showing???

No DVB-S2 here apart from my Sky box. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know what happened to Carli on 16e?

It changed frequency - now on 10892H 27500 3/4.

Nice strong signal as its on EB16A.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you carli is back on! :)

Oh and thankyou Sonnykro for posting the screenshot of this 4 music channel on Hotbird. I never knew it existed but its pretty good for dance :D

This channel plays alot of French/Dutch and Romanian dance videos. No adverts aswell apart from MSI ones! :D

Which country does this 4 music channel broadcast from on 13e ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you carli is back on! :)

Oh and thankyou Sonnykro for posting the screenshot of this 4 music channel on Hotbird. I never knew it existed but its pretty good for dance :D

This channel plays alot of French/Dutch and Romanian dance videos. No adverts aswell apart from MSI ones! :D

Which country does this 4 music channel broadcast from on 13e ?

Based in Iran by reading this article
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Based in Iran by reading this[/URL]

That article gives no mention of being based in Iran.

A music channel broadcast from there? Unlikely.

-rapido

EDIT: If you mean E4ME, then it's based in Germany.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rapido wrote: »
    That article gives no mention of being based in Iran.

A music channel broadcast from there? Unlikely.

-rapido

EDIT: If you mean E4ME, then it's based in Germany.

Oh yes i misread that sorry

where it said ''Persian'' i assumed it was Iran lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4 is the best channel ever.

today i seen loads of dance lots of nl stuff aspecaily.

I prefere this channel now MAD Bulgaria has changed over the last few days and dropped alot of dance for some reason.

But VIVA Polska , 4 Fun , Eska are pretty heavy on dance at the moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We finally have a decent music channel for once '4' is pretty impressive was really astonished that they played alot of dance and classic pop tracks from the late 90's and 00's alot of which are never seen at all anymore at 28e's Music Channels ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    very good tonight over on hellas sat 39e

on the NEW MAD TV night out. Voice party also has a completly different playlist :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been watching 4 alot more today it seems the channel also has a chilled strand called 'Cafe' a mix of Oldies and Chill Out tracks.

Retro is another strand that focuses on classic hits throughout all the decades which has a decent mix of videos that havent been seen in a long time on TV :)
  • Juan Carlos AraJuan Carlos Ara Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    Go TV , the austrian TV channel , has the Radio FM4 chart on Tuesday 22.00-23.00 CET Also on Sundays, at 23.00 CET.

http://www.gotv.at/charts_detail.php?id=6

It´s the official chart on FM4.

The channel is FTA on SES Astra 1, 19.2º E. I think it is also on 23.5º East.
  • Juan Carlos AraJuan Carlos Ara Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    RTL 102.5 Tv and 2 of their radios have ceased on 11623 V Hot Bird 6.

KingOfSat & Nowsat.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RTL 102.5 Tv and 2 of their radios have ceased on 11623 V Hot Bird 6.

Well that is surprising... it's been broadcasting for 10 years on Hot Bird; it launched as Hit Channel.

Hopefully it's just a temporary removal.

-rapido