26 years and I've finally had enough.

Comments

• masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    Aside from the stuff with the Ferreira's 2004 was a decent year with Chrissie and Stacey both joining. 2005 is my second favourite year of the decade while 2006 was quiet but set up 2007, 2008 and 2009 respectfully. So it annoys me when people try to claim those years were crap just to make out EE is fine at the moment when its not the case at all.

EE is currently in a big mess and winning a soap award doesn't hide it. Far too many fans are complaining for this to be a small issue. Things are getting worse.

Agreed. 2004-2006 was better than this era.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aside from the stuff with the Ferreira's 2004 was a decent year with Chrissie and Stacey both joining. 2005 is my second favourite year of the decade while 2006 was quiet but set up 2007, 2008 and 2009 respectfully. So it annoys me when people try to claim those years were crap just to make out EE is fine at the moment when its not the case at all.

EE is currently in a big mess and winning a soap award doesn't hide it. Far too many fans are complaining for this to be a small issue. Things are getting worse.

1 million percent this. People just repeatedly bring up the get den watts line and fairground disaster yet that aside 2004 was an okay year and I personally prefered it ten times over to the current show. Loved the characters, writing etc. As for 2005, probably my second favourite year of the decade too just behind 2001. Great character interaction, amazing storyline, character driven etc. The fact the media was picking on it or talking about ratings means nothing to me I'd still watch it ten times over it doesn't suddenly make these years good because people are still watching
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,273
    Forum Member
    I'm finding it hard to believe this is your real opinion Dan knowing you from on here ;)

You don't have to constantly make out EE is the best its ever been you know. You can be a fan and still have a negative opinion and voice concerns. Fine if you believe the show is brilliant right now but do accept that an awful lot of others disagree and just because they disagree it doesn't make them trolls.
    No really it is my real honest opinion.
    I have always said that era was rubbish and will stick to that (see all my pasts posts from past years if you want)

I didn't once say this era was BRILLIANT either
    Forum Member
    ::Adam:: wrote: »
    Thanks for making a new thread about this.. i'm predicting the usual haters will soon come along and feed off tis and use this thread in arguments etc.
    Of course they will
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ::Adam:: wrote: »
    Thanks for making a new thread about this.. i'm predicting the usual haters will soon come along and feed off tis and use this thread in arguments etc.

Totally, I just wish we could all get along like we use to in Primary School. I wish that I could bake a cake made out of rainbows and smiles and we'd all eat it and be happy.
  • ghettoBLASTER!ghettoBLASTER! Posts: 5,220
    Forum Member
    dan2008 wrote: »
    Of course they will

Just like the same people will constantly defend it and make out everyone who slates it is a ''hater'', a ''troll'', or a ''corrie fan''

EE is my fave soap and if I think its below par I have the right to voice it without having any of the above thrown in my face by the 'usual'' crowd. We ain't in the playground.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,251
    Forum Member
    Totally, I just wish we could all get along like we use to in Primary School. I wish that I could bake a cake made out of rainbows and smiles and we'd all eat it and be happy.

Quote from Mean Girls, luv it :D
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I totally agree with the OP and I have also watched since the first episode.

This is the worst it has been since 2006 and I also can't be bothered with the awful scripts as for me the writing is the worst its been for a while.

The families are all being screwed up just so the Moons can be the next big thing (again).

At this rate, EE won't have any original viewers left.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    Quote from Mean Girls, luv it :D

I just have a lot of feelings :D
    Forum Member
    Just like the same people will constantly defend it and make out everyone who slates it is a ''hater'', a ''troll'', or a ''corrie fan''

EE is my fave soap and if I think its below par I have the right to voice it without having any of the above thrown in my face by the 'usual'' crowd. We ain't in the playground.
    Not at all.
    If i thought EastEnders was rubbish right now i would say so.
    There's been some episodes lately which i've slated (Thursday being one) and i've said how Oct-Dec and Feb this year was terrible but right now im enjoying the show and am sick of 10 million threads all saying the same thing.

Fair enough everyone has an opinion but there's other threads to do that and not fill the forum up with the same crap
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,251
    Forum Member
    I just have a lot of feelings :D

haha :D
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree, 2004 was not as bad as now. The characters, bar the odd few Ferreira's and Shirley and her cat, were fantastic. The writing was far more superior also. The producers seemed to care about the show back then.

2004 gets a bad wrap. 2006 was worse and this past year has been terrible (bar the odd episode but 3 very good episodes in a year is NOT good enough).
  • charliestubbscharliestubbs Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not at all.
    If i thought EastEnders was rubbish right now i would say so.
    There's been some episodes lately which i've slated (Thursday being one) and i've said how Oct-Dec and Feb this year was terrible but right now im enjoying the show and am sick of 10 million threads all saying the same thing.

Fair enough everyone has an opinion but there's other threads to do that and not fill the forum up with the same crap

See you say this... but then in your own posts you start making digs at other soaps!

Personally, I find the Bryan Kirkwood hate tiring on this forum, however I don't think it's your place to tell someone to move there opinion somewhere else just because you don't think it.

I hate the culture on this forum where all those who are negative about EE are accussed of trolling. :mad:
    Forum Member
    See you say this... but then in your own posts you start making digs at other soaps!Personally, I find the Bryan Kirkwood hate tiring on this forum, however I don't think it's your place to tell someone to move there opinion somewhere else just because you don't think it.

I hate the culture on this forum where all those who are negative about EE are accussed of trolling. :mad:
    when do i?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when do i?

If someone is negative about EE, then you always have to say " But look- look at the anti-Emmerdale or anti-Corrie posts aswell!". It's a very defensive attitiude that you have, I saw it happen when we found out that Coronation Street had won 9 awards at the BSA. You were being very defensive- I think abit more decorum perhaps just wouldn't go a miss. :)
    Forum Member
    If someone is negative about EE, then you always have to say " But look- look at the anti-Emmerdale or anti-Corrie posts aswell!". It's a very defensive attitiude that you have, I saw it happen when we found out that Coronation Street had won 9 awards at the BSA. You were being very defensive- I think abit more decorum perhaps just wouldn't go a miss. :)
    No not at all.
    I was stating at fact that none of the soaps had a Brilliant 12 months which is what 1 poster said.

I watch Emmerdale (and corrie sometimes) and whille i might not be a CS fan i don't make threads slating it or dig at it at every given chance.

A few weeks ago i got annoyed at an EastEnders fan for making digs towards it beating corrie in the ratings.
  • john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It went downhill for me after Reg Cox died.
  • EastEndFan05EastEndFan05 Posts: 4,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually think this is the worst era the show has ever had. People always claim 2004 was crap but I think that was a good era and Chrissie Watts was a real creation. We haven't got anyone like that at the moment. Alot of the characters feel very tired and old. :(

I agree. It is the worst era. It doesn't feel like EE anymore. Even if Chrissie Watts was back in the show they wouldn't know how to write for her. She'd end up as a pantomime character with little or no depth involved in yet another recycled affair storyline.

Add me to the list of people who keeps it on in the background. 26 years of watching a show is a lot to let go of. But I'm getting there:(
  • blue_cobaltblue_cobalt Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    Agree with the OP. It is as dull as ditch water at the mo. I stopped watching HO and Emmerdale a couple of months ago for the same reason and EE may well be next on my list.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well I can only speak for myself but I'm loving EE atm. I never miss it, I hated 2004/05 and I didn't think the writing was that great if I'm honest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No not at all.
    I was stating at fact that none of the soaps had a Brilliant 12 months which is what 1 poster said.

I watch Emmerdale (and corrie sometimes) and whille i might not be a CS fan i don't make threads slating it or dig at it at every given chance.

A few weeks ago i got annoyed at an EastEnders fan for making digs towards it beating corrie in the ratings.

I'm not interested in having an arguement with everyone, but I do think there is a very defensive attitude around here, and I have noticed you make other digs at Corrie. It doesn't really do much to improve the reputation of the forum....
    Forum Member
    I'm not interested in having an arguement with everyone, but I do think there is a very defensive attitude around here, and I have noticed you make other digs at Corrie. It doesn't really do much to improve the reputation of the forum....
    No i don't.
    I might make a comment as a joke but then i clearly state that as a JOKE anyway.
  • cooko94cooko94 Posts: 18,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well I can only speak for myself but I'm loving EE atm. I never miss it, I hated 2004/05 and I didn't think the writing was that great if I'm honest.

Same :) i didnt like Kat, Chrissie, Sharon , Dennis , Den so pretty much disliked some of the bigger storylines around then
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    hello
    the ferreia era with the kidney transplant is much worse than what were getting now

every era of EE is always laced with wooden actors and off months or maybe off year its the nature of these shows

when a new era comes in with a new EP and if an explosive story is climaxing(( example stax,archie,danielle with press and everybody talking about it

can you OP ((whos been watching 26years)) honestly say you will stay away after 26 years your just being dramatic:rolleyes:
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soaps always have down times. There is a lot of writing involved in a programme that is on screen so often and it must get difficult sometimes.

Then they can go too far and write something unbelievable, which upsets viewers, they cant win. Not everyone likes the same things, but the show still gets lots of viewers and with all the channels available these days, that has to count for something.