Options

When Celebrities Go Pop

2»

Comments

• Options
    Biker JeffBiker Jeff Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its hard to see Dennis Waterman now with thinking of 'Write the feeme tune, sing the feeme tune'
    All started by a bloke that was once funny.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should repeat that Club reality thing that a pissed Sam Fox drank her way through dressed as a vampire IIRC. That and the Brits with Mick Fleetwood.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sam Fox was pretty good................
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    They should repeat that Club reality thing that a pissed Sam Fox drank her way through dressed as a vampire IIRC. That and the Brits with Mick Fleetwood.

Indeed..... I remember both of those excruciatingly embarrassing moments.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Off to Youtube for that True Survivor video - Looks amazing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well i enjoyed that...... always like to laugh at celebs being cringingly embarrassing type tv.

They're as deluded as the early stages performers on tv talent shows.
  • Options
    owen10owen10 Posts: 127,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biker Jeff wrote: »
    Dunno what the big deal is with Telly Savalas talking a song..... Frank Sinatra got away with it for years.
    Yes but

Frank Sinatra one of the greatest singers of the Twentieth Century

The only thing Telly Savalas was good at was playing a cop called Kojak :D
  • Options
    MR_PitkinMR_Pitkin Posts: 30,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprisingly, there were some things I never knew about, particularly the Eddie Murphy one
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    owen10 wrote: »
    Yes but

Frank Sinatra one of the greatest talker of songs of the Twentieth Century

The only thing Telly Savalas was good at was playing a cop called Kojak :D

Fixed.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does Eggsy do anything else aside from appear on list shows?

I often wonder the same of apparent showbiz journalist Ashley Pearson! I didn't watch all of this show...did she pop up too? Ha.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Difficult when you are hired to present a big event and nothing follows the running order so you have no idea what or who will appear next. They were introducing people or acts, following the running order and script, and someone completely different would appear. Many others would have just have walked off stage and left the organisers of the event to sort it out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I'm not one to praise Five at the best of times but since C4 lost interest they do these list shows quite well.

Tracy Ann Oberman must rarely leave the voiceover booth these days as she's doing this one too.

Worth watching just to see Jamie Oliver nailed as the "Food Bono".

Seems to be the only showing (aside from +1).

Does Eggsy do anything else aside from appear on list shows?

It does seem to be his "job" , i wonder how much they get for being a talking head, you see the same faces on these countdown shows , i can't imagine them being a big pay day , which is probably why you see the same desperate celebs doing them.

Tracy-Ann Oberman's voice overs are good though , she's got just the right amount of sarcasm :D
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MR_Pitkin wrote: »
    Surprisingly, there were some things I never knew about, particularly the Eddie Murphy one

I'd never seen that Eddie and Michael Jackson duet either. I think this came one year after Eddie & Naomi Campbell had appeared in Michael's Remember The Time video so Michael was probably repaying the favour.

I know Eddie did a song called Party All The Time in the 80s which is probably his most famous 'hit' (well I think it was a hit in the States in any case).
  • Options
    andyd1302andyd1302 Posts: 5,850
    Forum Member
    rhumble wrote: »
    It does seem to be his "job" , i wonder how much they get for being a talking head, you see the same faces on these countdown shows , i can't imagine them being a big pay day , which is probably why you see the same desperate celebs doing them.

Tracy-Ann Oberman's voice overs are good though , she's got just the right amount of sarcasm :D

I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, some truly mind-boggling howlers on there, my faves being Mr. T, Shatner & Paul Shane (BAY-BEE BAY-BAY!), but I think Naomi Campbell's excruciating attempt should've been included rather than Sam Fox.

Some pedant points lost for 'The Matchroom Room' (with Chaz & Dave) and Dennis Waterman wasn't number one in 1983, but other than that an entertaining show.
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andyd1302 wrote: »
    I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, some truly mind-boggling howlers on there, my faves being Mr. T, Shatner & Paul Shane (BAY-BEE BAY-BAY!), but I think Naomi Campbell's excruciating attempt should've been included rather than Sam Fox.

Some pedant points lost for 'The Matchroom Room' (with Chaz & Dave) and Dennis Waterman wasn't number one in 1983, but other than that an entertaining show.

Catherine Zeta-Jones also released a song as well but I can't recall if it was any good or not.

The caption writer was obviously having an off moment with The Matchroom Room as that was a glaring error