Options

The pro-Coalition Thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    jswift909jswift909 Posts: 11,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then as I am one of those wretched Laborites you speak of I will leave the thread with as much dignity as I can muster.

That's ok. I am one of those wretched Laborites too :D

I'm leaving before the bouncers spot me :eek:
  • Options
    gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jswift909 wrote: »
    That's ok. I am one of those wretched Laborites too :D

I'm leaving before the bouncers spot me :eek:

Put your best clobber on and I think you'll be okay, I would certainly recomend the cucumber sandwiches :D
  • Options
    AWESOM-O 4000AWESOM-O 4000 Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad we have our own thread, as the Labour one is hilarious.

They really do refuse to accept that thier party is to blame for the mess we are in dont they?
  • Options
    Dave May CryDave May Cry Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad we have our own thread, as the Labour one is hilarious.

They really do refuse to accept that thier party is to blame for the mess we are in dont they?

Indeed. With them, literally everything is down to the moustache twirling super villainy of the evil nasty Tories. Its quite funny really.
  • Options
    ecco66ecco66 Posts: 16,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then as I am one of those wretched Laborites you speak of I will leave the thread with as much dignity as I can muster.
    Gummy, I am so sorry I had to pop orf before tea and Pimm's, one of the horses needed new shoes.

Of course we are a very catholic coalition, so you are more than welcome to join us for tiffin any time.
  • Options
    ecco66ecco66 Posts: 16,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed. With them, literally everything is down to the moustache twirling super villainy of the evil nasty Tories. Its quite funny really.
    You missed out the baby eating, same old Tories ;)
  • Options
    estrella★estrella★ Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a Labourite too, but I'm loving the friendliness of this Coalition thread! Everyone gets on with each other and agrees with everything that anyone else says.

All totally false, of course, but nice while it lasts :)
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a Labourite too, but I'm loving the friendliness of this Coalition thread! Everyone gets on with each other and agrees with everything that anyone else says.

I agree. but I only agree while you are agreeing but really, I agree with Nick and of course I agree with Dave but while you are agreeing that everyone is agreeing to get on with each other there really is so much to agree with unless of course you disagree.
  • Options
    AWESOM-O 4000AWESOM-O 4000 Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We could go down the Labour route of burying our heads in the sand I suppose?

;)
  • Options
    jammers1978jammers1978 Posts: 2,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to agree.

But many of these headine annoucements are for schemes which had already been scrapped.

Pay As You Throw was already dead in the water: (I know one of the architects of this scheme.) That was clear to anyone who followed the public consultation on the proposals. Which were lobbied for hard by environmentalists.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1125918/Governments-pay-throw-bin-charges-scrapheap.html

Also, what is it to be replaced with? Local authority trials based not on charging for weight of household waste to landfill but instead will reward amount of waste recycled. Identical "Evil Spy Chip" technology is there. It's same scheme just based on a carrot (rewards) rather than stick (charges). But what will it cost and how will it be funded?

ID cards for foreign nationals will be retained. So all thats been scrapped is the rump, self funding voluntary ID cards scheme. No change for anyone's civil liberties and costs saved almost non-existent.

Wow someone actually heard about the public consultation and did something to stop it? Amazing usually they just keep it quite hush hush so they can tick the box to say they consulted the public.

Replacing the stick with a carrot will save a lot of fly tipping I guarantee that. The whole idea was insane. They need to get onto the supermarkets to reduce wastage but they're their paymasters so they won't.

Maybe not so voluntary it depends upon what you would have needed the card for. Voluntary card but you need it to get a job for example you know the drill.
  • Options
    jammers1978jammers1978 Posts: 2,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jmclaugh wrote: »
    I am surprised anyone has posted in what is a wind up thread.

I realised that as soon as I saw SimplySimons second comment.

I guess I should check posting history more.
  • Options
    jswift909jswift909 Posts: 11,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We could go down the Labour route of burying our heads in the sand I suppose?

;)

"burying our heads in the sand"

We Laborites fully approve of you doing this. :p

(don't forget your head is attached to your body - what I mean is .... make sure the hole is big enough) :D