Wheres Ronnie Biggs at these days?

brickiebrickie Posts: 1,232
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just he has never been in the news for a while and I'm a bit worried about him. I hope he's okay.

Comments

• Ricky D GervaisRicky D Gervais Posts: 2,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why should it concern you?
  • stirlingguy1stirlingguy1 Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    Is he not dead yet?

Wheres Gary Glitter I want to know?
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 26,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A story from August this year:
    Great Train Robber Ronnie Biggs is given a lifetime achievement award for CRIME

EXCLUSIVE by Justin Penrose, Crime Correspondent 1/08/2010

Ronnie Biggs is to collect a lifetime achievement award for his *services to crime... a year after he was freed early from jail as he had “only weeks to live”.

Friends insist the 81-year-old Great Train Robber will be strong enough to attend this month’s gala dinner, where he will be *presented with a *commemorative *knuckleduster and an engraved shield with the dates of his crimes.

The event is sure to anger the family of train driver Jack Mills who never recovered from his beating in the 1963 train robbery.

A flyer showing a picture of Biggs and ex-Kray associate Roy Shaw on a fake £1 note is publicising the event, called To Rio And Back.

The serial number on the note is 080863 – the date of the £2.6m Great Train Robbery.

Former mobsters Freddie Foreman, *Charlie Richardson and Dave Courtney are among the hardmen intending to go to the £50-a ticket, 500-seater event in Slough, Berks...
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/08/01/great-train-robber-ronnie-biggs-is-given-a-lifetime-achievement-award-for-crime-115875-22454707/

I don't know if the event ever actually took place, but I did come across this piece, dated September 16, 2010, from someone's blog:
    Just last month the Daily Mirror ran the story that convicted criminal Ronnie Biggs, who for years evaded justice for his role in the notorious Great Train Robbery, was to be given a lifetime achievement award for his contribution to crime, yes crime!, at a £50-a ticket gala dinner at a venue in Slough. The event, which was publicised as ‘To Rio and Back’, took place on August 29th. But, on the website of self-proclaimed gangster and celebrity author Dave Courtney there is a post dated August 27th in which Courtney rants about how the Home Office had decreed that if Biggs attended the event, alongside an assortment of well-known gangsters and ex-convicts, he would have his license revoked and be returned to prison immediately. I can find no reviews of ‘To Rio and Back’ on the internet, so I assume it went ahead without Biggs’ presence...
    http://venetianvase.co.uk/2010/09/16/british-gangsters-and-their-curious-contribution-to-literature/

See also: http://www.davecourtney.com/home.html
  • Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    Where's Ronnie Biggs ? Living at home a free man and having the last laugh on the numpties who freed him ;)
  • jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    Where is Biggs these days?......Not where the Old Bill and prison authorities were expecting him to be this long after his release.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brickie wrote: »
    Just he has never been in the news for a while and I'm a bit worried about him. I hope he's okay.

I have some bad news for you.....he's still alive.
  • IWantPVRIWantPVR Posts: 8,302
    Forum Member
    Having a pint with Al-Megrahi.
  • SambdaSambda Posts: 6,210
    Forum Member
    Well, he was doing time, until he done a bunk. Then he said he'd seen the light, and sold his own soul for punk.
  • shinytoyshinytoy Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brickie wrote: »

same here, hope he has a long and happy old age
    god bless ya ronnie:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IWantPVR wrote: »
    Having a pint with Al-Megrahi.

Damn, beat me to it.
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shinytoy wrote: »

You fans of the old time villains make me laugh. They are just as big a scumbag as the modern ones.
  • HendersonHenderson Posts: 11,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was psoting in Chatter last week. He may be banned though now...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why do you like Ronnie so much?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gilbertoo wrote: »
    Why do you like Ronnie so much?

cos he stuck 2 fingers up to the w*nkers in goverment and police and ran rings around them for 30 years, he's the last of a dying breed:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cos he stuck 2 fingers up to the w*nkers in goverment and police and ran rings around them for 30 years, he's the last of a dying breed:(

What about the innocent train engine driver who he had savagely beaten with an iron bar?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    erazertf wrote: »
    What about the innocent train engine driver who he had savagely beaten with an iron bar?

ronnie never touched him:) and getting hit once with a cosh is hardly a 'savage beating'
    the coppers made the train driver milk it, boot polish under the eyes and all that shit
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What utter bollocks. He was a man who committed a crime to try to become rich. I don't remember that he was some kind of Robin Hood who stole from the rich to give to the poor; he was just a criminal and a thug.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How odd...
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You dont half talk some crap. He was criminal, not a folk hero. I suppose you're a Moat fan too, because people say the same rubbish about him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sigurd wrote: »
    What utter bollocks. He was a man who committed a crime to try to become rich. I don't remember that he was some kind of Robin Hood who stole from the rich to give to the poor; he was just a criminal and a thug.

he stole off the government, they lost face and thats why they made him out to be some 2 bob thug ****
    and gilbertoo, what's odd is people will stick up for terrorists, baby killers, and nonces, but go on like ronnies the scum of the earth
    i dont get it:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ronnie never touched him:) and getting hit once with a cosh is hardly a 'savage beating'
    the coppers made the train driver milk it, boot polish under the eyes and all that shit
    Quite the little saint isn't he.?..
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a prick, who doesn't deserve his bizarre hero status. Mind you, you have to hand it to him, he DID win in the end- doesn't make him any less of an undeserving prick, though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he stole off the government...
    And why exactly was that a good thing?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    we live in a country where a girl who killed her newborn got set free, and yet people want ronnie to die inside? REALLY?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sigurd wrote: »
    And why exactly was that a good thing?

because they dont give a shit about people like you and me
    illuminati