Options

LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 13)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,929
    Forum Member
    It may not have been entirely her fault, but if the train company put her up as spokesman then she should have all the answers. I am sure Nick wouldn't have sounded so much of a bully if she had given him an answer. Even if she said, "I don't know but I will find out and come back to you", that would have been much better than her waffling.

(If anyone is interested, I travelled by train from Portsmouth to London yesterday afternoon - no problems).

It's unfortunate but we only hear the horror stories at times like this. I only ran into difficulty once last night but two delightful young men came to my assistance and pushed my car out, enabling me to get my passenger safely home.
  • Options
    Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good afternoon all. :):):):)
    I hope everyone is safe & keeping warm.
    Some worrying calls last night during Clive's, 'Snow watch'.
    Included 2 diabetics, one of whom phoned personally, who were feeling ill & panicking.
    They had spent hours stranded on the motorway & had nothing left to sustain their sugar levels.
    Several callers, on J'OB's show today, reiterated that LBC had provided them with a lifeline last night.
    For that they can be proud. :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good afternoon all. :):):):)
    I hope everyone is safe & keeping warm.
    Some worrying calls last night during Clive's, 'Snow watch'.
    Included 2 diabetics, one of whom phoned personally, who were feeling ill & panicking.
    They had spent hours stranded on the motorway & had nothing left to sustain their sugar levels.
    Several callers, on J'OB's show today, reiterated that LBC had provided them with a lifeline last night.
    For that they can be proud. :cool:

I really do think that LBC provides an invaluable service during these times, as tedious as that may be when you are stuck at home wanting to be entertained with the variety of a 'normal' show. I can't tell you how many times over the past couple of years I have listened to Nick in the morning trying to assess whether or not I should venture out. As a result of hearing those magic words 'only go out if you have to' I am only too glad to put the rest of the day on hold and pull up the duvet, smug in the knowledge that I have been told to stay put. :) I imagine that hearing the friendly tones of a familiar voice on the radio can bring a little bit of comfort to those outside on our roads, facing the elements. I count myself extremely lucky never to have found myself in such a predicament.

It still amazes me though, how thoroughly unprepared people are when they do have to drive in such conditions: a diabetic travelling without sufficient emergency provisions. Yikes.
  • Options
    CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    I really do think that LBC provides an invaluable service during these times, as tedious as that may be when you are stuck at home wanting to be entertained with the variety of a 'normal' show. I can't tell you how many times over the past couple of years I have listened to Nick in the morning trying to assess whether or not I should venture out. As a result of hearing those magic words 'only go out if you have to' I am only too glad to put the rest of the day on hold and pull up the duvet, smug in the knowledge that I have been told to stay put. :) I imagine that hearing the friendly tones of a familiar voice on the radio can bring a little bit of comfort to those outside on our roads, facing the elements. I count myself extremely lucky never to have found myself in such a predicament.

It still amazes me though, how thoroughly unprepared people are when they do have to drive in such conditions: a diabetic travelling without sufficient emergency provisions. Yikes.

Literally paps, you've echoed my sentiments entirely. I thought I'd write something an hour or so ago when listening to Petrie. But as I've put several OT posts about the appalling road conditions in this neck of the woods thought it best to decline.
    It astounds me how people attempt a journey without thinking about getting back home. Especially when the weather forecast suggests constant snowfall throughout the day!!
    I praise LBC for making listeners aware of the dreadful conditions, if nothing else it saves some folk from chancing their luck - boring as the constant coverage maybe. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    I'll add my voice to the praise of LBC during the snow crisis. The calls certainly brought home the depth of the disruption and the misery. Should be compulsive listening for both local and central government. Clive was especially good with desperate callers last night - maybe he's been in that situation himself. I found Anthony a little less sympathetic. Steve, unsurprisingly, was 'me me me', IMO, he'll never change. "Oooo .... you are awful but I like you!" sums Steve up for me. (apologies to Dick Emery, that blast from the past).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JO'B is on Titchmarsh tonight
  • Options
    Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It may not have been entirely her fault, but if the train company put her up as spokesman then she should have all the answers. I am sure Nick wouldn't have sounded so much of a bully if she had given him an answer. Even if she said, "I don't know but I will find out and come back to you", that would have been much better than her waffling.

(If anyone is interested, I travelled by train from Portsmouth to London yesterday afternoon - no problems).

Martin, you are right.
    I felt quite uncomfortable listening to NF 'bullying'.
    However, she was totally unprepared for the interview.
    Glad you survived your train journey yesterday & that you were one of ' the lucky ones '. :)
    I am working in London on friday :eek: :eek: So that gives me some optimism.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh dear, James needs to lose some weight - he's beginning to look like Ian Hislop! I haven't seen him on tv for quite a while.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mutleykaz wrote: »
    JO'B is on Titchmarsh tonight

Discussing whether or not women should be left to do all the prep for Xmas - absolutely not ! Men - get involved! Women - stop letting the side down!

Nice suit, James, btw :cool: He had a really shiny one on the other day with a ridiculously shabby blue shirt underneath, when it was screaming out for crisp white.

Regards,

Trinny. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll add my voice to the praise of LBC during the snow crisis. The calls certainly brought home the depth of the disruption and the misery. Should be compulsive listening for both local and central government. Clive was especially good with desperate callers last night - maybe he's been in that situation himself. I found Anthony a little less sympathetic. Steve, unsurprisingly, was 'me me me', IMO, he'll never change. "Oooo .... you are awful but I like you!" sums Steve up for me. (apologies to Dick Emery, that blast from the past).

Eve, I have been meaning to ask you for a while if you are Eve from High Wycombe, who occasionally phones Anthony? Long shot, I know. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Discussing whether or not women should be left to do all the prep for Xmas - absolutely not ! Men - get involved! Women - stop letting the side down!

Nice suit, James, btw :cool: He had a really shiny one on the other day with a ridiculously shabby blue shirt underneath, when it was screaming out for crisp white.

Regards,

Trinny. ;)

Addendum: Watch out for those man boobs James - Trin. :o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cayce wrote: »

Indeedy - he needs to stay of the mince pies for a while. (You can be Susannah, dahling! :):D )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Indeedy - he needs to stay of the mince pies for a while. (You can be Susannah, dahling! :):D )

I don't know about his man boobs but his face is very chubby and he's developing several chins (oops, sorry chin) on his neck. My baby grandson had that for a while, you didn't know which one to tie his bib around!

Maybe you two could sort Steve out for his next show, the glittery jacket is fine but it has to fit and the rest of the outfit matters.
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are not careful Mutters I won't let you go to the Ball! :p

A good idea for Christmas Day this year! How about an LBC pantomime? :D
  • Options
    ahoymeisterahoymeister Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clive was especially good with desperate callers last night - maybe he's been in that situation himself.

I agree - I thought Clive gave a masterclass in doing that type of show last night.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mutleykaz wrote: »
    I don't know about his man boobs but his face is very chubby and he's developing several chins (oops, sorry chin) on his neck. My baby grandson had that for a while, you didn't know which one to tie his bib around!

Maybe you two could sort Steve out for his next show, the glittery jacket is fine but it has to fit and the rest of the outfit matters.

Muah, muah, (kissy kissy). 'Dahlings, sorry for my delay I've been detained in attending to my fingernails extensions per usual. Gosh, what can the average Middle Englander do, to abort J O'B's waistline from further eruption and prevent the dahling Steve from pigging out, similarly. Could simultaneous combustion be suggested...only a thought whilst I lavish my time in a champagne bubble bath listening to piped music'...?!
  • Options
    coulsdon59coulsdon59 Posts: 2,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chinchin wrote: »
    A good idea for Christmas Day this year! How about an LBC pantomime? :D

Was looking at the TV schedules for Christmas which have just been released - do we know anything about LBC yet?

I seem to remember SA saying he wouldnt be on on Christmas Day. Has anyone else mentioned who they might be covering for?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    coulsdon59 wrote: »
    Was looking at the TV schedules for Christmas which have just been released - do we know anything about LBC yet?

I seem to remember SA saying he wouldnt be on on Christmas Day. Has anyone else mentioned who they might be covering for?

I haven't seen anything coulsdon. What do you think of my idea of an LBC panto? Steve could be the wicked stepmother or one of the ugly sisters. Nick M playing the other one, of course! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coulsdon59 wrote: »

Anthony will be doing Christmas Day, coulsdon, although can't remember which time slot. Possibly same as last year which was...er...pass. I did listen and I wasn't drunk...honest.
  • Options
    Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't seen anything coulsdon. What do you think of my idea of an LBC panto? Steve could be the wicked stepmother or one of the ugly sisters. Nick M playing the other one, of course! :D

I wonder who will be the fairy. Plenty of possibilities there. ;)
  • Options
    Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anthony will be doing Christmas Day, coulsdon, although can't remember which time slot. Possibly same as last year which was...er...pass. I did listen and I wasn't drunk...honest.

I thought Steve was doing Christmas and Anthony New Year. But I'm probably wrong, as usual. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder who will be the fairy. Plenty of possibilities there. ;)

Cristo? :D

Night LBC fans :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Steve was doing Christmas and Anthony New Year. But I'm probably wrong, as usual. :p

No, VQ, you might be right. I thought I heard H say he was covering Christmas Day, but I wouldn't put money on it. Well, not much anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Did he cover for Clive - or was that the year before??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you remember Cristo's Christmas Panto a few years back?
This discussion has been closed.