Options

Stuart Baggs found dead

Comments

• Options
    Peter VenkmanPeter Venkman Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't say I liked him on the show, but 27 is no age. RIP.
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very shocking. RIP just 27.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Terrible news.
    Love him or hate him you can't deny he was an entertaining candidate.
  • Options
    AmethyztAmethyzt Posts: 4,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely awful news.

R.I.P Stuart, gone far too soon.

And condolences to his family and friends.
  • Options
    MaureenGMaureenG Posts: 19,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen this on local news. Very sad, indeed :(

He was an annoying git on TA - like an exasperating younger brother :D - but very, very entertaining and memorable all the same.

RIP
  • Options
    Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    I get the feeling Stuart on the Apprentice was just trying to make a name for himself and have a laugh. I don't think he was nearly as annoying in real life and a lot of it was deliberate, especially his pantomime performance in the city-tour task. I think he was just a bit naive (don't forget how young he was when he appeared on this show) and thought that showmanship was the way to win.

He came across better on Come Dine With Me and there was definitely a decent businessman there.

So as others have said, not a bad person, just annoying at the time - but very, very entertaining! So thanks for the memories, Stuart.
  • Options
    computermastercomputermaster Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Make no mistake, in terms of sheer entertainment value, he was the best apprentice candidate of them all!

I'm gutted about this, what a legend!!!

RIP!

He's high up on the list for sure. There are a few that narrowly beat him though imo.

RIP.
  • Options
    Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He wasn't a pony, he was a whole field of ponies! Just on of his many funny quotes.

He was a brilliant Apprentice contestant.

RIP the Bagster!
  • Options
    Anya DAnya D Posts: 14,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How terribly sad. Such a young age.
    His loved ones must be devastated. RIP, The Brand x
  • Options
    chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was totally unexpected.

RIP.
  • Options
    Eve ElleEve Elle Posts: 6,507
    Forum Member
    Terribly sad news, Stuart was hugely entertaining on the show and beneath it all seemed like a good guy.

RIP
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he must have taken something or mixed something with alcohol or something to celebrate his birthday and it all went horribly wrong for him :(
  • Options
    Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    R.I.P Herr Baggs

His little youthful female partner in crime is also devastated by the news (her only tweet and retweets in a month's time):

https://twitter.com/Laura_e_london/status/626779525750333440

Shame that they only had Jamie's tweet in the DS article (probably due to the timing), as apart from Laura's I've also seen a tweet from Paloma (who works in the same industry as he did).
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    I think he must have taken something or mixed something with alcohol or something to celebrate his birthday and it all went horribly wrong for him :(

That's just needless speculation
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MaureenG wrote: »
    Just seen this on local news. Very sad, indeed :(

He was an annoying git on TA - like an exasperating younger brother :D - but very, very entertaining and memorable all the same.

RIP

BIB He was entertaining and memorable. It's very sad news.
  • Options
    sausagesandwichsausagesandwich Posts: 2,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Baggs being taken down by Claude will always be one of the great highlights of TA. I've just rewatched it. "You're not a big fish. You're not even a fish". Classic.
    Stuart was so young and in some ways so naive but he lit up that series.
  • Options
    WinterFireWinterFire Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    RIP Stuart Baggs.

There are a number of reasons for death which might not be suspicious, I don't think it's constructive to speculate at this point.
  • Options
    evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really sad and I for one would have taken his new device, a hub minus a landline in a heartbeat. This shows Stuart understood why in this present day and age do we need to get a phone line installed to receive unlimited broadband. I am sure history will be kind to Stuart Baggs. God Bless x
  • Options
    CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was character so it's quite pointless to say I didn’t care for him. It's tragic news as 27 is far too young to die and his family and those closest to him must all be devastated.
  • Options
    george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    R.I.P Herr Baggs

His little youthful female partner in crime is also devastated by the news (her only tweet and retweets in a month's time):

https://twitter.com/Laura_e_london/status/626779525750333440

Shame that they only had Jamie's tweet in the DS article (probably due to the timing), as apart from Laura's I've also seen a tweet from Paloma (who works in the same industry as he did).

I wonder if he and Laura stayed in touch after the programme? Theirs seemed to be quite a genuine friendship. I liked Laura a lot.
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,170
    Forum Member
    I've only just heard the news. How awful, I thought he was a very entertaining candidate on The Apprentice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    RIP Stuart.

I thought he was great on the show. I still can't believe that Stella won and he didn't!

Another classic one-line on his Twitter

''When people slate me for The Apprentice, I just remind them of Katie Hopkins. Like going after a shit singer in Karaoke, makes me look great''
  • Options
    The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Baggs being taken down by Claude will always be one of the great highlights of TA. I've just rewatched it. "You're not a big fish. You're not even a fish". Classic.
    Stuart was so young and in some ways so naive but he lit up that series.

Claude only thinks he took him down. Baggs wasn't fazed by him at all

Claude - You're NOT a Brand!
    Stuart - ....I think I might be...!

My fave candidate ever! To say he lit up the series is an understatement
  • Options
    george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    Claude only thinks he took him down. Baggs wasn't fazed by him at all

Claude - You're NOT a Brand!
    Stuart - ....I think I might be...!

My fave candidate ever! To say he lit up the series is an understatement

When Claude said, 'You're not a fish', Stuart should have said, 'No... I'm a SHARK!'

Having said that, I think that Stuart's interview with Claude may have been long forgotten had Melody got to the interviews in Series 7. I was gutted that she didn't, I was dying to see how she and Claude would respond to each other!
  • Options
    Debb1eDebb1e Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    He also greeted Margaret Mountford by her first name "Hello, Margaret".

"Do you normally greet people you've never met by their first name?" asked "Ms Mountford" caustically.
    "Sorry, I just feel that I know you" said Stuart sheepishly.
    "Ahh... but you DON'T know me" replied Margaret.

Or words to that effect.

RIP Stuart. Gone, but most certainly not forgotten.