How can i get back with my x

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
Forum Member
Hi Everyone

Me and my x broke up 2 weeks ago today she said its just not what i want!

Anyways we've been in contact every day since but its only been general chit chat. I told her the other day i was goin to delete her of facebook for a few days for some space and she said fine whatever you need.

Yesterday was the first day we havnt spoken. Im thinking bout trying to not txt or speak to her until friday then ask her if i can go round to hers to chat.

Can anyone give me anymore advice?

thanks

Danny

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Re read your post. It couldn't be clearer.

IT IS NOT WHAT SHE WANTS.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you'd be better focussing on moving on - I think it's a good idea to delete her from your facebook and not have any contact. Keep yourself busy.
  • SayWhat?SayWhat? Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    Probably best not to contact her at all, delete of fb etc.

She's told you it isn't what she wants, I realise this isn't what you want to hear but you are only prolonging the agony by hoping she will get back with you.

Save face and carry on, you'll soon know if she has a change of heart.
  • whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can't get back with her as that's not what she wants. Best way to move forward is cut all contact, it will be better for both of you in the long run.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Sorry Danny, but it's not going to happen, cut the contact and start trying to move on, it hurts, been there, got the t shirt, but things do get better. Whatever you want right now, she doesn't and nothing will change that.

Focus on you, stop wanting and focusing on something that isn't going to happen right now. If she has a change of heart, great, but it's not happening right now.
  • marieukxxmarieukxx Posts: 4,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it's hard but give it up. Move on and finish all contact. In my experience it's best in the long run. Don't torture yourself.
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have to bite the bullet and move on for your own sanity, Sorry dude :(
  • BatchBatch Posts: 3,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clean break and take some time to get over it.

Staying friends very rarely works in my experience, especially when one person wants more.

Not the answer you were looking for, but there you go.
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keep your dignity and move on dear boy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    move on, go clubbin, its the life :P
    but focus on other things too, that you didnt use to
    dont be the chaser
  • minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just play it cool and as someone said keep busy with your friends and hobbies...any updates? have you spoken to her since?
  • Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ardwark wrote: »
    Re read your post. It couldn't be clearer.

IT IS NOT WHAT SHE WANTS.

But you cant blame him, for wanting to give things another try - she's giving the poor bloke mixed signals.

instead of saying: 'stay away, we are finished' - and breaking all contact - she's engaging in very friendly chit-chat on facebook, making the bloke think, there's a whiff of hope.
  • whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rob22 wrote: »
    But you cant blame him, for wanting to give things another try - she's giving the poor bloke mixed signals.

instead of saying: 'stay away, we are finished' - and breaking all contact - she's engaging in very friendly chit-chat on facebook, making the bloke think, there's a whiff of hope.

Never mind the friendly chit chat, the OP clearly states she has said it is not what she wants, I'm not sure she can make it any clearer. Hopefully the OP has decided to move on and busy himself with friends etc rather than flogging a dead horse. And let's face it, there's nothing less attractive than someone misguidedly pursuing a relationship that's dead in the water and reading into things that aren't there, such as as polite conversation.
  • Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never mind the friendly chit chat, the OP clearly states she has said it is not what she wants, I'm not sure she can make it any clearer. Hopefully the OP has decided to move on and busy himself with friends etc rather than flogging a dead horse. And let's face it, there's nothing less attractive than someone misguidedly pursuing a relationship that's dead in the water and reading into things that aren't there, such as as polite conversation.

Yes, I agree, from the woman's point of view, it's clear, that she doesn't want him.

but some men are thick, when chit-chat starts, they think there's a bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

she would have been better off, breaking all conversation.
  • eunicelouise658eunicelouise658 Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think sadly girls often feel that they can do the friendship thing and men find this very difficult. Op if you want more than friendship this is not the "one".
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rob22 wrote: »

It's only general chit-chat they are having.Unless she is saying things that makes him think there is a chance with her then the girl has done nothing wrong.

How long did the 2 of you go out for Danny?
  • minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think sadly girls often feel that they can do the friendship thing and men find this very difficult. Op if you want more than friendship this is not the "one".

can work the other way to...maybe the lady in question doesn't like confrontation and doesn't want to hurt the OPs feelings..therefore hoping he will accept casual friendship and eventually move on...:confused: