Kimberley Walsh's bad singing performance on NTA last night

Black VelvetBlack Velvet Posts: 702
Forum Member
✭✭
Apparently people are shocked at last night's performance from Kimberley Walsh that she can't sing.
I can remember so I am not surprised when I heard her for the first time singing with Jamie Callum about a year or so ago and was shocked at how bad a singing voice she had. She couldn't carry a tune in a wheelbarrow so I am not surprised at her performance last night.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2267317/Kimberley-Walsh-slated-murdering-Randy-Crawford-classic-National-Television-Awards.html

Here is Kimberley singing with Jamie Callum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4chp8f4lDs

Comments

• cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she hacked at and murdered a lovely song, it was dreadful.

At least when she mimes it will be obvious, although Lord knows who any record producer could tinker enough to make her sound in tune:eek:
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was an affront to my ears.

Her and Chezza should really be better quality singers than they are.

Terrible.
  • clara28clara28 Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why did her management allow her to 'sing' a song that is designed to showcase a proper voice?? She should have stuck to some poppy Kylie type number where the vocals are well hidden beneath a legion of dancers and a sparkly outfit.
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    How on earth do you remember a performance from four years ago by someone from a two bit reality show pop group? I have trouble remembering date it is some days.
  • Black VelvetBlack Velvet Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How on earth do you remember a performance from four years ago by someone from a two bit reality show pop group? I have trouble remembering date it is some days.

I thought Kimberley was really good in Srtictly Come Dancing and she did try hard and did well and is a much better dancer than she is a singer.
    You see the reason I remember this from four years ago was because it was after X Factor 2008. I always watched X Factor but other than JLS I never really liked many of the singers on that programme.
    In 2008 a girl aged just twenty three came on to audition called Hannah Bradbeer and she was just marvellous. The whole pannel at the auditions loved her including Cheryl. But when Hannah sang in front of Cheryl and Kimberley Walsh at Cheryls house Hannah sang well but both Cheryl and Kimberley said that she didn't connect with the audience. So she was not put through to the grand final.
    So when I saw Kimberley singing a year latter with Jamie Callum without Girls Aloud I was shocked at how bad a singer she was and thought that Hannah could run circles around her when it came to singing.
    Who was Kimberley to sit there and judge another singer when she can't even sing herself.
    This was Hannah singing in front of Cheryl and Kimberley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKFRZ3WbzeU
  • chipstick10chipstick10 Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    Omg she was dreadfull. I had to turn over I was cringing. Made worse of course by Ella Henderson coming on after her and showing the audience how its really done.
  • BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was awful I had to switch over too.:o
  • icanboogieicanboogie Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i didn't see it and don't think i can watch it as i really like kimberley.

was it cheryl terrible or worse?
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mind Kimberley but that performance was not good :o
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    Her dancing was overrated and her voice isn't up to much. She should stick to pouting and posing.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nadine has always carried the group vocally.

Hearing some of Girls Aloud's live performances these days I think their vocals may have actually got worse!! :eek:
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    How did she ever think she could pull off One Day I'll Fly Away? The girl's deluded.
  • BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Ought to be arrested for murdering a song.

The Girls Aloud gang for butchering songs has struck again.
  • elgransenor1elgransenor1 Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why are people surprised? people who achieve success in the record industry these days don't do so because of talent, it's purely about image.
  • BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    Nadine has always carried the group vocally.

Hearing some of Girls Aloud's live performances these days I think their vocals may have actually got worse!! :eek:

True, Nadine was always the best singer. Kimberley was always a bit better than Chezza, but I'd say they were equally poor now:(
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    How did she ever think she could pull off One Day I'll Fly Away? The girl's deluded.

It was painful to listen to and the song was way too big for her.
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently people are shocked at last night's performance from Kimberley Walsh that she can't sing.
    I can remember so I am not surprised when I heard her for the first time singing with Jamie Callum about a year or so ago and was shocked at how bad a singing voice she had. She couldn't carry a tune in a wheelbarrow so I am not surprised at her performance last night.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2267317/Kimberley-Walsh-slated-murdering-Randy-Crawford-classic-National-Television-Awards.html

Here is Kimberley singing with Jamie Callum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4chp8f4lDs

I thought I was the only one to think that, she was awful.
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Come on guys....it isn't half as bad as everyone is making out.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on guys....it isn't half as bad as everyone is making out.

True.

It's a lot worse.
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    I dont mind her but she was dreadful
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone have another link to the performance please. As the video on the DM link is not working for me.

Thank you
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eek. Though I'm not surprised - most of the music industry is all about PR rather than actually having any talent.

The only positive thing I can say about the performance is that at least she sang it live unlike another Girls Aloud member who is a serial-mimer.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eek. Though I'm not surprised - most of the music industry is all about PR rather than actually having any talent.

The only positive thing I can say about the performance is that at least she sang it live unlike another Girls Aloud member who is a serial-mimer.

She deserves credit for singing it completely live but I'm not sure what went wrong : whether she had an attack of nerves or that she is nowhere near experienced enough as a solo singer.
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clara28 wrote: »
    She should have stuck to some poppy Kylie type number where the vocals are well hidden

As much as I like Kimberley - I turned off her performance half way through. :o I agree that she should release some original material because even though she has been in the theatre, I still don't think her voice is quite powerful enough to pull off that song.

GA really were lucky that the material they got was so strong. I know people go on about them winning a singing competition but Kim, Sarah and Cheryl really wouldn't progress on a talent show today.
  • rachelgatarachelgata Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was terrible. You could say well done that she had a go singing live and exposed, when many would settle for whispering above a heavy backing track (mentioning no names), but to be honest if that is the result then give me a backing track!!!

I don't think any singer no matter how accomplished HAS to hit every single note in order to sound great, but this was just all round poor karaoke-standard, sorry Kimberley fans.

The song choice was terrible too. A deceptively hard song to sing well, she was up against it from the start. Whose idea was that??