Spam links hit the iPhone now?

linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,686
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anybody notice the pop up ads which lead to se gamble app or something on the App Store?

Comments

• AxGAxG Posts: 25,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I have, especially browsing DS, occasionally Safari will on its load a redirect to the App Store for Candy Crush Saga- something I already have, but may get binned.
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AxG wrote: »
    Yes I have, especially browsing DS, occasionally Safari will on its load a redirect to the App Store for Candy Crush Saga- something I already have, but may get binned.

Do you think Apple will fix this with IOS7?
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AxG wrote: »

There is a blog that I usually go to but lately it has been redirecting me to the App Store for this candy crush game. I refuse to download it as I can't afford to get hooked on another game.
  • Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same here it happens randomly, very annoying
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been to a few sites as well that load up the app store for candy crush - i didn't think it was actually associated with the game itself, just the particular advertising.

i do find though that if you hit the stop button just before the site is fully loaded, it tends to prevent anything like that happening.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    It happens to me too.I thought it was because i had a jailbroken device but it obviously affects all devices..Not good!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been to a few sites as well that load up the app store for candy crush - i didn't think it was actually associated with the game itself, just the particular advertising.

i do find though that if you hit the stop button just before the site is fully loaded, it tends to prevent anything like that happening.

But you dont know when its going to happen, and when it does its too late
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    I'm yet to see this happen.. best way of getting it to happen would be?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I haven't experienced it either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lidtop2013 wrote: »
    But you dont know when its going to happen, and when it does its too late

The blue loading bar shows you how much of the site is loaded. Stop it just before it goes all the way to the right.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The blue loading bar shows you how much of the site is loaded. Stop it just before it goes all the way to the right.

It does but its so fast I don't get time? It's probably like 1 second I've got to react lol
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Try browsing DS without being logged in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lidtop2013 wrote: »
    It does but its so fast I don't get time? It's probably like 1 second I've got to react lol

You've got fast 3G then :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You've got fast 3G then :D

Yeah mate it doesnt hang about ;)

I hope they sort this in the next update
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Try browsing DS without being logged in.

I've just browsed the main site and the forums for quite a while without being logged in, and nothing. In fact, I don't think I've ever been redirected to the App Store on my iPhone without pressing something. Genuinely confused by this.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just browsed the main site and the forums for quite a while without being logged in, and nothing. In fact, I don't think I've ever been redirected to the App Store on my iPhone without pressing something. Genuinely confused by this.

It's never happened to me on this site but there is one blog site that I visit and it happens on my iPod touch but strangely not on my iPad.