The Most Under Rated Act?

Rob200696Rob200696 Posts: 1,767
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Who do you think has been the most Under Rated Act??

For me it was Rachel Adedeji, Her performance of 'One' was one of the best X Factor Performances of Season 6 maybe even in my top 10 ever.

Comments

• Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,962
    Forum Member
    Craig Colton - that performance of Jar of Hearts was one of my favorites of that series.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Alexandra Burke. A lot of people try to discredit her and say JLS should have won etc etc, but I think she was a very good contestant in her series. She only really became a front-runner in the last 2/3 weeks of the live shows.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I saw threads asking who I thought the best singer, sexiest, nicest, underrated, most deserving winner or even the ultimate contestant, I'd say Joe McElderry for each one.

Seriously though, he was underrated until he did Dont Let the sun go down on me. His first album is definitely underrated though, never got enough promo, neither did his latest album.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Craig Colton - that performance of Jar of Hearts was one of my favorites of that series.

I agree, IMO it was the performance of the series. He should have made the final. :)
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree.

I'd also throw in Jamie Archer, Paije Richardson and Melanie McCabe (should have made JH last year ahead of Lucy Spraggan)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melanie Mccabe: Should have made Judges houses over Lucy Spraggan or Jade Ellis
    Melanie Masson: Living proof of why Tulisa deserved to be sacked vouching to save the awful District 3 over one of the best singers in the season
    Paije Richardson: Based on talent he should have been in the final
    Jamie Archer: He was far superior to Lloyd in the sing off and through out the season
    John Wilding: Should have made the live shows over Frankie
    Craig Colton: He never got enough credit for his performances he was the most consistent vocalist in his season Jar Of Hearts and Set Fire To The Rain were fantastic.
    Forum Member
    Melanie Masson: Living proof of why Tulisa deserved to be sacked vouching to save the awful District 3 over one of the best singers in the season
    Jamie Archer: He was far superior to Lloyd in the sing off and through out the season
    John Wilding: Should have made the live shows over Frankie.

If you look at the voting figures, Melanie wasn't really popular with the audience. She just escaped the bottom two in week 1.

Jamie had a great few performances - when he sang Get in On in week 1 I thought Simon had ballsed it up when he started out on low notes as that's not the kind of vocal I expected from him but it was still a good performance. Jamie was capable of entertaining the crowd and getting them involved. He was great on the ballads as well. I think he was voted out because viewers thought he was trying to copy Queen what with the GaGa clap sequence, and he was flat at the start, but he had a good run. He is one of my favorites.

As for John, he was a great singer, but his performance style was a bit unusual. I think Gary didn't out him through to the live shows because he lacked some sort of personality.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melanie Mccabe: Should have made Judges houses over Lucy Spraggan or Jade Ellis
    Paije Richardson: Based on talent he should have been in the final
    John Wilding: Should have made the live shows over Frankie
    Craig Colton: He never got enough credit for his performances he was the most consistent vocalist in his season Jar Of Hearts and Set Fire To The Rain were fantastic.

Ah District3 were not awful!!
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,502
    Forum Member
    If you look at the voting figures, Melanie wasn't really popular with the audience. She just escaped the bottom two in week 1.

Yep... underrated then ;)
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I think Alexandra Burke. A lot of people try to discredit her and say JLS should have won etc etc, but I think she was a very good contestant in her series. She only really became a front-runner in the last 2/3 weeks of the live shows.

No, she was always middle to high pack but unlike Laura and Diana who just did the same thing over and over again, she impressed people performance after performance.

Mind you I preferred the other girls over her.

Ruth is my most underrated X Factor contestant out of this forum.

But c'mon everyone loves Ruth here, so on this forum I would say Misha B.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    100% Diana Vickers, even to this day, she is still highly under-rated! I can't believe her new single hasn't even entered the top 40 this week! Some of her songs are lyrically ingenious and shes written/co-written her whole album!

I would also say Alex Burke is underratted as of last year as her album charted poorly but deserved to do so much better!
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,502
    Forum Member
    I would also say Alex Burke is underratted as of last year as her album charted poorly but deserved to do so much better!

Releasing crap material doesn't make you underatted ;)
  • superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Diana Vickers easily.

She's kind of been forgotten and often fares mediocre in polls etc but she put in some d the best, most enchanting performances EVER.
  • EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Diana Vickers and Sophie Habibis are two ex-contestants that stand out for me regarding being under-rated.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Treyc Cohen - Purple Rain
    Sophie Habibis - Living On A Prayer
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jade Ellis - The fact that she was sent home after annihilating Union J in the sing-off shows how much of a joke the sing-off has become.
  • Maxine_RochMaxine_Roch Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    Miss Frank Jade Ellis and Laura White.
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    Diana Vickers easily.

She's kind of been forgotten and often fares mediocre in polls etc but she put in some d the best, most enchanting performances EVER.
    One think Diana wasn't was underrated I think she massively overrated in the competition IMO
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    - Christopher Maloney
    - Jade Ellis
    - Trayc Cohen
    - Paige Richardson
    - Laura White (Martha:rolleyes:)
    - Daniel De Bourge
    Forum Member
    4troy7 wrote: »
    One think Diana wasn't was underrated I think she massively overrated in the competition IMO

this ... didn't like her then :yawn:
    too much hype for me

love her now.
    Forum Member
    Amelia's performance of The Show Must Go On deserved a standing ovation from all four judges. :(
    Forum Member
    Amelia's performance of The Show Must Go On deserved a standing ovation from all four judges. :(

performance of the series for me
  • SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Melanie Masson was/is so underrated.