Sandeesh - Pine Wood Studio's!!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
Forum Member
I had to laugh, "We've got to go to Pine Wood Studio's", Sandeesh says "thats a Wood Furniture Shop"..........
God Help us if this is the best the UK can offer......

Comments

• CXC3000CXC3000 Posts: 10,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was very embarrassing. Just another reason why the candidates are selected for their personality rather than what they can do.
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate to correct you (not really) but Sandeesh was correct. :D

And you being from the Shire of York as well CX3000. ;)
  • ShaiyaShaiya Posts: 3,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nanscombe wrote: »

Sandeesh WIN. :eek:
  • CXC3000CXC3000 Posts: 10,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:eek: :o

:D
  • HurlleyHurlley Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

wow the OP looks stupid now!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    Hurlley wrote: »
    wow the OP looks stupid now!

Oh yeah!!!
    I feel real stupid now...NOT.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually theres quite a few wood furniture shops called Pinewood Studios.

God help us if this is the best poster Digital Spy can offer!
  • JepsonJepson Posts: 3,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah!!!
    I feel real stupid now...NOT.

Yes, it's no more stupid someone not being aware that there are furniture shops called ' Pinewood studios' (and antique dealers called 'Lovejoy') than it is being unaware of the name of some film studios.

However, to be completely fair and even handed, you are deserving of as many brickbats as Sandeesh!
    Forum Member
    So what you are saying is 'Pine Wood Studio's'(Furniture shops) are as well known as 'Pine Wood Studio's'(Major British Film Studio)?
    Forum Member
    Grizzler wrote: »
    Actually theres quite a few wood furniture shops called Pinewood Studios.

God help us if this is the best poster Digital Spy can offer!

Not once did I say there were NO furniture shops called Pine Wood Studios.
    God help us if this is the best poster Digital Spy can offer(Grizzler)
  • JepsonJepson Posts: 3,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what you are saying is 'Pine Wood Studio's'(Furniture shops) are as well known as 'Pine Wood Studio's'(Major British Film Studio)?

If you happen to live near a 'Pine Wood Studios'(Furniture shop)' then, yes, it probably is, to you.

BTW, the studios are 'Pinewood' not 'Pine Wood'. (And there's no "greengrocer's apostrophe" in 'Pine Wood Studios'. :D)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL at the OP who can give it but can't take it. You "had to laugh" at Sandeesh but now everyone is laughing at you and you're getting all angry. Come one mate have a sense of humour about this, it's only a bit of egg on your face :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL at the OP who can give it but can't take it. You "had to laugh" at Sandeesh but now everyone is laughing at you and you're getting all angry. Come one mate have a sense of humour about this, it's only a bit of egg on your face :D

:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That you can Google and find some shops (after seeing Your Fired btw) in no way excuses Sandeesh's silly comment.
    She's seen this show before. Sugar doesn't call to meet them in some local shop. It's always a major landmark or famous place.

Pinewood Studios is the only major film studio in the UK.
    Every time they start shooting a new Bond film, the studio will get a mention on the news. Same when they are shooting another $100 million+ blockbuster there (Dark Knight, Bourne Ultimatum, Da Vinci Code, Charlie & The Chocolate Factory).
    It's so famous that just the reference Pinewood is enough.
  • parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    Tercet2 wrote: »
    Every time they start shooting a new Bond film, the studio will get a mention on the news. Same when they are shooting another $100 million+ blockbuster there (Dark Knight, Bourne Ultimatum, Da Vinci Code, Charlie & The Chocolate Factory).

Exactly! I'm not British and I knew straight away what they were talking about!
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That you can Google and find some shops (after seeing Your Fired btw) in no way excuses Sandeesh's silly comment.
    She's seen this show before. Sugar doesn't call to meet them in some local shop. It's always a major landmark or famous place.

Maybe Sandeesh doesn't know much about cinema? My father is a very intelligent man; he could talk to you about economics and history but ask him who Robbie Williams is and he'd be stumped. We all have our own areas of knowledge and ignorance, some of which might stun others who assumed that "everyone knew that".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe Sandeesh doesn't know much about cinema? My father is a very intelligent man; he could talk to you about economics and history but ask him who Robbie Williams is and he'd be stumped. We all have our own areas of knowledge and ignorance, some of which might stun others who assumed that "everyone knew that".

True. And she wasn't the only one who didn't know.
    But why seriously suggest that it might be some random (and with a crushingly dull name) furniture warehouse. That's where the task is held. 'The Task Telling' is always in some place chosen to look impressive with good footage, and then make a joke out of it with some really tenous connection. It's also important to waste as much of the available day driving.

Q. Why don't they just put the task instruction on a tape that in 5 seconds, catches fire and self destructs?
    A. Still too close in time to Amstrad products.
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,789
    Forum Member
    I had to laugh, "We've got to go to Pine Wood Studio's", Sandeesh says "thats a Wood Furniture Shop"..........
    God Help us if this is the best the UK can offer......

Why do people keep on thinking the contestants on the Apprentice are the best Britain has to offer? :rolleyes:

Those that appear on The Apprentice are the ones who applied to go on the show, its not the final 12 of everyone in the country who thinks they are something/somebody.

Sandeesh should have known about Pinewood but if she is very young, then it doesn't surprise me. Just more proof imo of how todays young seem to be more and more detatched from knowing things like this and are to wrapped up in their own little worlds, their gadgets and their social net working sites! :confused:
    Forum Member

Exactly...thank you.
    Forum Member
    parthy wrote: »
    Exactly! I'm not British and I knew straight away what they were talking about!

Thank you.
    Forum Member

So Shepperton isn't a major studio, even if they merged with pinewood I think, they are seperate sites.

Leavesden is a major studio. All The Harry Potter films where made there, Goldeneye, The Phantom Menace I believe too, definetly Sleepy Hollow and I thought thr Dark Night was filmed there too. Loads of films have in any case and Warner Bros have just bought it and are gonna spend about 140 Million on it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    Sandeesh should have known about Pinewood but if she is very young, then it doesn't surprise me. Just more proof imo of how todays young seem to be more and more detatched from knowing things like this and are to wrapped up in their own little worlds, their gadgets and their social net working sites! :confused:

I see what you're saying. Instead of just knowing about facebook and iphones, the youth should know about facebook, iphones and going to the cinema :D.

I think you're all making a big deal about this. There's a difference between IQ and knowledge. Someone could have a really high IQ and not know what Triskaidekaphobia is, and another person could be as thick as pigcrap and know what Triskaidekaphobia is because he heard it in a pub quiz somewhere. Doesn't make the second person any smarter.
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good Grief! Pinewood Studios have been busy.

I knew of the 007 connection but all those others!!!

Loads of TV programs and commercials as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    So Shepperton isn't a major studio, even if they merged with pinewood I think, they are seperate sites.

Leavesden is a major studio. All The Harry Potter films where made there, Goldeneye, The Phantom Menace I believe too, definetly Sleepy Hollow and I thought thr Dark Night was filmed there too. Loads of films have in any case and Warner Bros have just bought it and are gonna spend about 140 Million on it.

Leavesden only became a studio because when they finally made a start on Goldeneye, Pinewood was by then already booked for other films. Of all the British studios it is the one that kept the UK film industry alive during the 70's. Alive in the sense of still producing big films that were seen worldwide as opposed to the home market or tv. Pinewood continues to attract the blockbusters, whereas other studios are more suited to the smaller stage requirements of other fims and tv (like Shepperton). It is surprising that both Sandeesh and Laura hadn't heard of it. Though if you'd said Leavesden to me, I'd have replied 'aerodrome'. Which is how it was known when I lived near to it.

Leavesden is also about five miles away from all the film support services and expertise that centre around Pinewood and 'next door' Elstree (which also has film and tv studios not swallowed up by Pinewood).
    Forum Member
    I see what you're saying. Instead of just knowing about facebook and iphones, the youth should know about facebook, iphones and going to the cinema :D.

I think you're all making a big deal about this. There's a difference between IQ and knowledge. Someone could have a really high IQ and not know what Triskaidekaphobia is, and another person could be as thick as pigcrap and know what Triskaidekaphobia is because he heard it in a pub quiz somewhere. Doesn't make the second person any smarter.

I'm finding young people don't know much on lots of things on a general basis, on news and current affairs, how the political process works, on immigrants, a lot of them seem to think that immigrants are all asylum seekers and only came here during the 13 years of the Labour Government. I could go on but I'm sure you get the picture.