Options

DSFE 55 - Breaking More Waves in St Helier

Comments

• Options
    TerryPTerryP Posts: 11,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyway, after all the drama - any more reviews of the actual songs?

Edit: Thanks Terry :)

No probs, though you might not be able to rely on me over the next couple of days what with me being up in Glasgow, but I will try to listen to the songs and review before bedtime.
  • Options
    BethnalGreenBethnalGreen Posts: 12,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TerryP wrote: »
    No probs, though you might not be able to rely on me over the next couple of days what with me being up in Glasgow, but I will try to listen to the songs and review before bedtime.

no probs - have a fab time! :)
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Admittedly I am the only one whose done proper reviews though, apart from people posting the odd song that they are liking. I find those don't always correlate to votes and I don't think the songs that generally get touted as possible winners in the reviews actually go onto win interestingly enough.

Don't pee on my parade! I will qualify! :(!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    huh brb? I am lost! :o
  • Options
    Yugimuto1Yugimuto1 Posts: 5,047
    Forum Member
    nick1990 wrote: »
    Just the fact that Jem is clearly a different account of a forum member as opposed to being an actual person
    And you think that person is me???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yugimuto1 wrote: »

I don't think anyone thinks it is you though! :(
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yugimuto1 wrote: »

*Goes all Silvia Night*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think anyone thinks it is you though! :(

I don't know if it is someone with a 2nd account, if it was a with Jem being vocal the mods would have banned them by now. So I am thinking maybe they're not. At any rate, if it is a 2nd account I hope the person isn't playing with their main account as well.
  • Options
    JordanC55JordanC55 Posts: 9,348
    Forum Member
    Guys,

I was thinking about an idea for a one off contest...

The idea is a Fantasy Champion of Champions contest, rather than just being about DSFE, it'd include every contest i.e. Americavision Junior Eurovision.. The top 5/10 from each series of each show (inc DSFE CoC top 5s) in order to crown the best song ever entered in all of the fantasy franchises....

Would anyone be interested in taking part & vote if it were to take place?
  • Options
    AxGAxG Posts: 25,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JordanC55 wrote: »
    Guys,

I was thinking about an idea for a one off contest...

The idea is a Fantasy Champion of Champions contest, rather than just being about DSFE, it'd include every contest i.e. Americavision Junior Eurovision.. The top 5/10 from each series of each show (inc DSFE CoC top 5s) in order to crown the best song ever entered in all of the fantasy franchises....

Would anyone be interested in taking part & vote if it were to take place?

Maybe not at the moment, maybe when the Great British one has finished?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AxG wrote: »
    Maybe not at the moment, maybe when the Great British one has finished?

Yeah I know, I was thinking that in the first place cause I'd want to include it's top 5 as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I know, I was thinking that in the first place cause I'd want to include it's top 5 as well.

It would be an interesting idea, but we are looking at A LOT of songs here, just DSFE itself taking the top 5 from each contest and the CofC as well brings you out at over 250, over 500 approaching 600 if we are doing top 10. It could end up taking ages to do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It would be an interesting idea, but we are looking at A LOT of songs here, just DSFE itself taking the top 5 from each contest and the CofC as well brings you out at over 250, over 500 approaching 600 if we are doing top 10. It could end up taking ages to do.

Yeah I was thinking that, but, I think for DSFE I'd simply do the top 5 of CofC, they ultimately narrow it down in the first place.

That'd be like 10? I think? Getting the top 5 from the rest of the contests would probably put you off at like 70 songs in total.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I was thinking that, but, I think for DSFE I'd simply do the top 5 of CofC, they ultimately narrow it down in the first place.

That'd be like 10? I think? Getting the top 5 from the rest of the contests would probably put you off at like 70 songs in total.

There have been 3 CofCs so we will get 15 from that, which would make it more manageable.
  • Options
    mikabvmikabv Posts: 4,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will now get on to some more pre-recap work for about an hour or so, which should get me finished with song 11-25.

Then, I will make a quick trip to the supermarket before working intensively on songs 26-48.

I should be nearly finish with those by the end of the day.

:)
  • Options
    yoshi94yoshi94 Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    To the person that wondered whether I'd given up & gone to bed last night - I was actually looking for songs for my nightmare countries - I'm having so much trouble with them :( You'd think I'd have done a better job of giving out my own countries :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some hosts pick their own countries when I hosted I made 2 lists 1 for good countries and 1 for middling countries and drew 1 from each
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've found a song for my second country but my good one's getting me nowhere :( I drew everyone else & gave myself the last 2 countries.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still behind or recapping. I never imagined it would take so long, and even though I really enjoy it, I need time for my social life too. The actual recaps should be in one day after the RQ opens. Hopefully that will be okya with you all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So, the first half of today's reveals, there's gonna be 6 in each set, to clear me out.
    Kicking things off today is Slovenia, who get things going with Mika Vale ft. Stella Mercury, who are curiously not really fussed about how they do in the contest, to the extent that they Don't Give A Damn.
    Fittingly, we move to a Commonwealth country now, in Malta. Their band think Malta is located just Three Stops To China, & they send a song ideal for any Rangers fans at Celtic Park tonight, giving them an Enemy Club Song.
    Across the Med now to Algeria who want to bring DSFE to Africa for the first time. If they don't, we might be in trouble, as Kristina Maria is already threatening to send the heavies in if we don't dance like them to Move Like A Soldier.
    To Germany now, a country that's always a good bet in any international competition, from DSFE to the World Cup. Max Geisinger is aiming to be as successful as his country's football team with his song, Kalifornien.
    From big Germany to little Germany, aka Liechtenstein. And being a cheeky monkey, Germany's baby has nicked one of its daddy's biggest names, Michael Schulte, going for win number 2 with Rock & Scissors.
    A while back, I remember somebody saying they knew what Hungary would send sometime soon. At one point, the name of Andras Kallay-Saunders was brought up, & sure enough, he's on Jersey trying to be, not Romeo, but Juliet.
  • Options
    kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    What part of Algeria is Lebanon in? Kristina Maria is Lebanese isn't she?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate whoever stole my Hungarian song from me!!!!!!! I was going to enter that! MY song! NOT yours! Get it? Andras was my favourite this year, and this is as good!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Algeria player says he doesn't know the link but she was used for Algeria in Trondheim, so the player presumes she's still acceptable for Algeria.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kvn wrote: »
    What part of Algeria is Lebanon in? Kristina Maria is Lebanese isn't she?

Now you and me know all about Kristina being entered for Algeria and being rejected
  • Options
    kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    yoshi94 wrote: »
    The Algeria player says he doesn't know the link but she was used for Algeria in Trondheim, so the player presumes she's still acceptable for Algeria.

Unless someone can dig something up she absolutely isn't in anyway Algeria so why she was allowed in the first place :confused: