DSFE 56 - A divine calling: This is Göd

Comments

• SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    Its absolutely awful isn't it? just wish I had a song in it

Absolutely abysmal. Can't wait for the people who wasted good countries to be named and shamed :D
  • Gwen 404Gwen 404 Posts: 3,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i actually think qf4 is okay, although i agree that there are a few missed chances there.
  • TerryPTerryP Posts: 11,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poland – This is nice, not as good as some of her slowed down stuff, but nice to hear something different, wasn’t too sure at the start, felt her voice was sounding a bit strained at times but the chorus is really strong and catchy so all in all it’s a strong start.

Croatia – This is a great little piece of Balkan pop, it’s got a great beat and her voice for me is strong enough to carry it off as well, makes a nice change from all the Balkan ballads which we seem to get more of nowadays.

Portugal – This started out nicely, and the verses are very nice but I do not like the generic club beat which comes in as a replacement for a chorus. Her voice also is not as strong as our first 2 singers either.

Faroe Islands – This is nice and pretty chilled out and relaxed, this sort of thing got entered quite a lot in the early days so nice to see it make a re-appearance. It’s not the best of this type which has been entered here, but it’s a very nice entry nevertheless.

Estonia – This may sound sacrilegious but I have actually gone off Randajad recently, this however is really nice and has a really strong anthemic sound to it which is always going to go down well, plus her voice is sounding really strong as well, a lovely little entry.

Sweden – I’m not a big fan of her dark hair, think it gives her a rather harsh look. As for the song it is indeed very strong and polished and will no doubt do very well. Surprisingly it is a rather nice build which I have found some of the fan favourites here have not had, having said that it wouldn’t be my personal winner.

Saaremaa – Not really feeling this one, feel it is rather bland and uninspiring, I’m not really feeling his voice either, find it quite annoying, the first one in this QF where I have not really found anything to get behind.

Iceland – This has all the ingredients of a song I should like, but for some reason this just isn’t doing it for me, I don’t know quite what it is, I feel her voice doesn’t really fit the song and it does sound a bit juttery I suppose, unsure on this one.

Gotland – Wasn’t a fan of “You” at all if I am being honest, this is much better but I still find when he does high notes a bit painful. But this is a strong ballad, which I think is probably more his style than the uptempo stuff, that being said it had that annoying thing of stopping the song for some faffing about in the video which just drives me mad.

Albania – This does feel a little bit mid-00’s in style but I rather like it despite that, she has a nice voice and it’s got a good beat going for it. This is a strong QF so will be interesting to see how this does against some of the powerhouses which are also present here.

Belarus – Once again, wasn’t really keen on these guys at Eurovision, this is stronger than their Eurovision song too, got a bit bored part way through though, it’s a nice song, but it didn’t really do enough or progress enough to keep my attention the whole way through.

Kaliningrad – I rather liked this one, it’s got a pretty funky backing beat (though I am sure that for others it will be quite annoying), her voice is nice if not the strongest ever but good enough for the song and it’s just a bit of enjoyable fun.

Hungary – Still finding the choruses to be a bit too screechy for my ears, but I can’t deny it’s a very nice song so can slightly overlook that, though come the latter stages that will probably stop it getting high points from me.

Israel – She has probably been a bit overused on here, though it’s been a bit of time since she last appeared. It’s a nice enough song, but not really getting excited for it, which probably doesn’t bode well for it with me.

Svalbard – I love the instrumental parts to this song, really gives it an uplifting feel, her voice is also really quite lovely as well. All in all a very nice and strong entry, also nice to get something different from the traditional euro-pop we get from the Nordics.

Czech Republic – I echo the sentiment that it was a brave decision to enter a live version, but I feel this may have actually been the better idea, she has a really strong voice and the song sounds like the type that only really comes alive in a live version, quite dark and haunting.

Moldova – I think he is trying too hard to be quirky because no-one in their right mind would wear glasses like that along with that hat, as for the song, it’s nice but his voice sounds a bit strained during the chorus and it just sounds a bit bland to me and the rap bit was just silly.
  • mikabvmikabv Posts: 4,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't listened to QF4 yet (I'll probably love it :D) but so far:

QF3>2>1
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bosnia & Herzegovina – I’m going to sound like March now but I would have actually liked a bit more harmonising, what’s the point of getting two of your countries superstars to sing on the same song if they are actually not going to sing together. The song is decent, but nothing more than that.

Guernsey – Feel like we have had about a million song that sound like this entered here, despite that there is actually something I quite like about this one, think their voices go together quite well and it’s got a good beat.

Turkey – Not really too sure about this one, his voice seriously bugged me at the start, but it kind of grew on me as the song went on, the song also isn’t particularly strong but that too grew on me, strange one this one.

Egypt – I always had a bit of a soft spot for their Eurovision entry; this is something quite different altogether, but I also quite like this too, nice to have a bit of guitar rock making an appearance.

Italy – This is really lovely and sweet, once again liking the guitar in this one, a strong selection of songs from all the Italian nations this edition.

Morocco – Decent enough to start with but the club beats started to get a bit repetitive after a while, so I started to tune out once that started to happen, and what is it with these middle eastern and north African nations and having credits at the end of their videos.

Denmark – I see she’s one of these white women who think she’s a black woman, they bug me massively. The song is pretty bland and has absolutely no direction and he voice is annoying too (surely either Gwen’s or Calisles’ entry)

France – I really do find her voice quite annoying, it has a strange warbling vibe which means when she does long notes it’s going all up and down. The song is decent enough and the fact it isn’t being overhyped like her last song means I am not hating on it as much as that one.

Finland – This is a decent enough song but feel it’s a little bit too dancey and clubby for me to properly get into and think her voice needs to have a bit more character to it for me to get behind it.

Latvia – I quite like her voice but the song is a bit on the dull and boring side, it’s a bit repetitive and lacking in any real hook or power. Actually as the song went on her voice started to break down and get a bit annoying too.

Austria – It may be the poor quality of this QF, but whilst this did nothing for me in the early reveals which I got the listen to, but I actually slightly like this at the moment, it lacks any real big moment and as such against strong competition it probably won’t stand a chance but for now it’s decent enough.

Luxembourg – Much better than his other song from a few contests back, this has a really good and dark backing beat which I am really enjoying and his high notes don’t bother me as much as they did in his previous entry either.

Georgia – I wonder how many of those views are from us, she’s probably wondering why her songs as being listened to so much. Think I prefer this to her song last contest, got quite a nice disco vibe which we don’t get often enough in this.

Belgium – I don’t normally like this sort of thing, but I am quite liking this one, once again, it may be done to this being a slightly weaker QF, but it’s nice enough for me to like.

Germany – Not really keen on the rap part and the other parts are pretty average and uninspiring. It’s not a bad song but it’s not grabbing my attention either.

Scotland – Standing out amongst most of the other rather middle of the road entries in this QF, I am really liking this one today, once again when it meets the strong songs from the other QFs I will probably deviate towards them, but for now I am a fan.

Slovenia – This is what this QF has been missing a pure piece of euro pop, this is really catchy and exactly the sort of thing that I really like, bringing a bit of fun to the end of the playlist.

Ukraine – Coming after Slovenia, this just sounds a bit too depressing to me, I didn’t mind it in the reveals but I am not really in the right frame of mind for it today, so it is just slightly annoying me today.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My 11 qualifiers from QF3 and QF4

QF3

Albania
    Croatia
    Czech Republic
    Estonia
    Faroe Islands
    Gotland
    Hungary
    Kaliningrad
    Poland
    Svalbard
    Sweden

QF4

Austria
    Belgium
    Egypt
    France
    Georgia
    Guernsey
    Italy
    Luxembourg
    Scotland
    Slovenia
    Turkey
  • March MorningsMarch Mornings Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TerryP wrote: »
    Bosnia & HerzegovinaI’m going to sound like March now but I would have actually liked a bit more harmonising, what’s the point of getting two of your countries superstars to sing on the same song if they are actually not going to sing together. The song is decent, but nothing more than that.

I enjoy it when I see things like this; so many people refer to me in their reviews, and it legitimately makes my day. How sad am I?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoy it when I see things like this; so many people refer to me in their reviews, and it legitimately makes my day. How sad am I?

It's probably going to be the only time I am going to refer to you as I still don't have a clue what the majority of the rest of the stuff you talk about is. :D
  • MiesBouwmanMiesBouwman Posts: 1,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bumping these! Less than 4 hours to vote!

Quarter Final 3

01. POLAND Christina Perri - I Don't Wanna Break
    02. CROATIA Lidija Bačić - Nasmij se sestro
    03. PORTUGAL Diego Miranda ft. Ana Free - Letting Go
    04. FAROE ISLANDS Zididada - Walking On Water
    05. ESTONIA Sandra Nurmsala - Väike Eestimaa
    06. SWEDEN Molly Sanden - Freak
    07. SAAREMAA Tenfold Rabbit - Eyes Wide Shut
    08. ICELAND Anna Hlín - Everybody's Saying
    09. GOTLAND Robin Stjernberg - Pieces
    10. ALBANIA Miriam Cani - Shiu im
    11. BELARUS Litesound - Shooting Star
    12. KALININGRAD Olga Makovetskaya - Proydot!
    13. HUNGARY Gigi Radics - Brown-Eyed Girl
    14. ISRAEL TAL - Marcher au Soleil
    15. SVALBARD Marion Raven - The Minute
    16. CZECH REPUBLIC Aneta Langerová - Vzpominka
    17. MOLDOVA Danu Boian - Destination

PLAYLIST

Quarter Final 4

01. BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA Dino Merlin ft. Hari Varešanović - Dabogda
    02. GUERNSEY The Freedom Fry - The Wilder Mile
    03. TURKEY Fake Oddity - French Beauté
    04. EGYPT The Ark - Breaking Up With God
    05. ITALY Charlene Soraia - Broken
    06. MOROCCO Samira Said - Mazal
    07. DENMARK MØ ft. Diplo - XXX 88
    08. FRANCE Indila - S.O.S.
    09. FINLAND Molly - If I Ever Grow Up
    10. LATVIA Astro'n'out - Daļa Rīgas
    11. AUSTRIA Klangkarussell ft. Will Heard - Moments
    12. LUXEMBOURG Thomas Azier - Ghostcity
    13. GEORGIA Mariam Chachkhiani - Feel Free
    14. BELGIUM Shindu - Down The Line
    15. GERMANY Mark Forster ft. Sido - Au Revoir
    16. SCOTLAND Ella Henderson - Glow
    17. SLOVENIA Nina Pušlar - Ta svet ne zna živet
    18. UKRAINE Bloom Twins - Blue

PLAYLIST

Please PM me your votes in traditional Eurovision style, 12, 10, 8-1.
    If you are in this Quarter Final you MUST vote or your song will be disqualified.
    If you are not in this heat, but are in this contest, you may vote individually and this will count as such.
    The top 11 will advance to the Semi Finals
    Voting will close on Sunday August 24th at 7PM (GMT).
    Be blessed!
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

On the sad scale you're somewhere between Phill and Terry :D
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if Denmark is Calisle's entry or not, but I can confirm it's not mine. ;) You actually gave good reviews to my songs not entirely sure what happened but I assume that pigs are currently flying (except over Iceland).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QF4 wasn't that bad, there were quite a few songs I liked, and even if the standard wasn't very high, it kept me much more interested than the others because of the wide variety of music there was there.

So the best QF imo was QF3, second was QF4, third QF2, and last QF1 which I thought was absolutely dire.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quarter Finale Three:
    Poland: I actually had Christina Perri lined up for Poland but a totally different song. Big fan but this isn't her greatest song.
    Croatia: This started off GREAT I loved it when she was belting but then it got considerably worse. Also I don't know if anybody watches Made in Chelsea but she is IDENTICAL to Fran from it...
    Portugal: Not the greatest song ever but its' harmless and unlike Croatia doesn't annoy me I guess? Was there really any need for the europop beats to kick in though? Okay I take it back, this got annoying really quickly with that dance beat which has nothing to it. Worst dance song ever the beat is SO dry!
    Faroe Islands: Lmaao the video. Cheesy but its quirky.
    Estonia: Sandra has such a beautiful voice and for some reason I love this song. It's a bit dry, but her voice carries it and makes it spectacular. It's no Sel Teel though.
    Sweden: Was expecting to see this. It's not going to win but I'm a big fan of Molly Sanden and this is quite a pleasant song. She has such a great voice.
    Saaremaa: Lmao at the band being called Tenfold Rabbit. I really like this the vocals aren't all that interesting but it has something cute about it (Read: I find the guy attractive therefore I find it all very endearing).
    Iceland: I normally like stuff like this but i don't know what it is... she is SO annoying. Trying a bit too hard to be Amy Winehouse, albeit with Reggae influences. Not for me.
    Gotland: Awww I love Robin Stjernberg. He's so adorable and like he just looks so friendly then he has such a Sam Smith voice. The video's so intense I feel so bad for him he looks so upset. :'( Great choice & I definitely didn't expect Gotland to top Sweden after using weapon Molly Sanden.
    Albania: Really good choice for Albania, not one of the best in the QF but it's quite good.
    Belarus: Not their best. It's listenable though and has quite a catchy chorus so not bad!
    Kaliningrad: She has a good voice and it's got an infectious beat but overall I'm not a big fan. Something about it just irks me, sorry.
    Hungary: This will be Top 5 in the finals I reckon, if not win. The chorus is really good but the rest is a bit boring.
    Israel: Not her best but better than most in this QF. (Although that's not saying much)
    Svalbard: Aw I love Marion Raven. Good song, but it doesn't do much to stand out, especially in comparison to the other Nordic entries in this QF.
    Czech Republic: She has a really good voice but a live performance like this just can't compete with some of the songs here I don't think.
    Moldova: Too much autotune to be enjoyable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quarter Final Four:
    Bosnia & Herz: Absolutely not. This is an abomination to my ears!
    Guernsey: Much better, loving this the whole vibe and feel to it is really nice and pleasant and their voices really go well together.
    Turkey: LOL the video is the cheesiest thing EVER and he needs to learn to lip sync! On a scale from 10 to Dino Merlin it's closing in on Mr Merlin.
    Egypt: Oh god, controversial title for Göd but it's alright. Let's just say it's listenable?
    Italy: Well, I absolutely loooove Charlene Soraia but it's such a weird choice for Italy? Italy is hardly a country without a lot of finds... But I have to give its merit for the song and as I said I absolutely adore Charlene Soraia so i'm a fan.
    Morocco: No, just no.
    Denmark: Not one of Mo's best but I really like it.
    France: Never been a fan of Indila and this doesn't change my mind on her, sorry.
    Finland: The best part is the video. I love cities at night. :p Flashbacks to Dubai aw. The actual song itself though leaves a lot to be desired. It just comes across a bit amateur.
    Latvia: This QF is honestly just getting worse. This is awful and practically unlistenable.
    Austria: Well Sonnentanz was a TUNE. I never knew that had more collaborations but I absolutely adore Will's voice. I agree though it's not as good as Sonnentanz it lacks a 'moment' (ironically) but it's one of the only songs I want to ever have to endure listening to again so I guess that's a plus.
    Luxembourg: Oh I like Thomas Azier. He's so intense and dark, lolol. This isn't his best but it's a pretty good song. Much better than half the shit in this QF!
    Georgia: Shit man, that much autotune should be illegal.
    Belgium: Making up for the trollop that was the Georgian entry. Quite like this but it has the same problem as the Austrian song, it lacks a 'moment' and just when you're about to get it, it just turns into instrumental and beats. If it had a great chorus this would probably be my favourite. A cross between London Grammar & Empire of the Sun.
    Germany: Why is he singing in both German & French? It was good until the rap.
    Scotland: Not as good as Ghost but still pretty awesome. I'm a big fan of Ella and really happy she's doing well, think this will be a hit so good job. Was always shocked that nobody got Ghost in before it was released. Such a good song!
    Slovenia: It's a come down after Ella Henderson but still alright albeit a bit strange. What the hell is with the video ... not even to mention her outfit? Tin foil really can't be comfortable.
    Ukraine: A bit basic but not bad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For Quarter Final 3 I'm still waiting on votes from:
    AcerBen
    andrewdk
    AxG
    fireemblemcraze

For Quarter Final 4 I'mm still waiting on votes from:
    AcerBen
    AxG
    Cuishla
    fireemblemcraze
    JordanC55
    Meisste

I have sent out reminders. Just one hour left to vote!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For Quarter Final 3 I'm still waiting on votes from:
    AcerBen
    andrewdk
    AxG
    fireemblemcraze

For Quarter Final 4 I'mm still waiting on votes from:
    AcerBen
    AxG
    Cuishla
    fireemblemcraze
    JordanC55
    Meisste

I have sent out reminders. Just one hour left to vote!

You didn't tell me to stay blessed, so I'm not sure if you got my votes. ??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikabv wrote: »
    You didn't tell me to stay blessed, so I'm not sure if you got my votes. ??

I feel like I have built a spiritual connection with each and every one of you so I am sending mental messages.
  • JordanC55JordanC55 Posts: 9,348
    Forum Member
    Hey guys I'm slightly late getting my votes in but they are coming - been at work all day
  • AxGAxG Posts: 25,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Göd dammit, I thought I'd sent them, but I didn't, sent away on a wing and a prayer though now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll keep the lines open for half an hour. Still waiting on AcerBen's votes as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, the half hour has passed. The lines have closed. Results coming up!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The countries in the third Quarter Final were:

Poland
    Croatia
    Portugal
    Faroe Islands
    Estonia
    Sweden
    Saaremaa
    Iceland