Options

Yet another disgusting TESCO incident

lovedoctor1978lovedoctor1978 Posts: 2,327
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Could not believe my eyes reading this story. The poor man. Not even a whiff of compensation from the greedy bastards either. At the very least he should have recieved a months worth of shopping free, flowers and donation to a charity.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/dalton-man-duncan-osborne-angry-8010608

Comments

• Options
    jacquelineannejacquelineanne Posts: 1,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he is out of work, couldn't he just go to the supermarket himself. Lazy sod.
  • Options
    AxtolAxtol Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    The least they could do is offer some kind of voucher or his next shop will be free or something like that as an apology as well as obviously refunding. It's not wise to let your cupboards get completely empty before more food comes in not that that excuses Tesco for this.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dalton resident Duncan Osborne was left fuming after waiting up until late on a Sunday evening with not even a carton of milk in the hope his food shop, which he booked and was told would arrive in between 9pm and 10pm, would arrive.

I don't understand why he thinks that Tesco have broken their promise. The time range to expect delivery is there as clear as day.
  • Options
    DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Missing grocery deliveries are news now?
  • Options
    tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member

Well you could think that about everyone who uses these services, as before they came along people went to work and still went shopping
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really missed a trick when the Ocado man's van broke down once and he was over 2 hours late with my shopping. I should have gone to the DM with a load of sadface shots and claimed my human rights had been breached.

And it was a bank holiday weekend as well which makes it worse :(:(:(
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He could have a medical condition that's painful when he walks.
  • Options
    mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Axtol wrote: »
    It's not wise to let your cupboards get completely empty before more food comes in not that that excuses Tesco for this.
    Well said. When will people learn to keep a stock of 'basics' in their cupboards? We have the same outcry of people 'going without' when there is a problem with cash machines.
    The sky won't fall in if you have to rely for a while on flour or oats or budget pasta, rice etc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    I don't believe for a second he had no food in the house!

And on the off chance he didn't have anything in, he's irresponsible as he mentions a family in that report. Things can and do go wrong, vehicle breakdown, traffic etc
  • Options
    sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How on earth is that "disgusting"?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely everyone has a few bits in the cupboards and freezer at all times? Even if he'd have had bread, beans and some old fish fingers or something, he could have had a standby meal
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tim59 wrote: »
    Well you could think that about everyone who uses these services, as before they came along people went to work and still went shopping
    zx50 wrote: »

So if it had arrived between 9pm and 10pm as arranged, time it is unpacked that is a bit late to eat dinner as a family?

Me thinks he is lying about bare cupboards and nothing to eat all day.
  • Options
    lovedoctor1978lovedoctor1978 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Now come on, im sure that a condition like that would have merited 2 whole paragraphs in this "news story".
    Hell, I just thought of an angle:
    "I would have gone to the corner shop so my family didnt starve, but many years ago i got a small stone in my shoe for 30 seconds until I shook it out, the memory of that painful incident haunts me to this day. And now Tesco are making me relive it."
    :D
  • Options
    chris1978chris1978 Posts: 1,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does this article mean I should now contact my local paper (The Lincolnshire Echo) about today's Tesco delivery where my courgettes and peas prepared vegetable mix did not turn up? They will hopefully give me a full page spread complete with sad face photo of me while I hold up a tin of mixed veg I found at the back of the cupboard which I have had to use instead of said vegetable item.
  • Options
    QT 3.14QT 3.14 Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Left with bare cupboards". So we're to believe that he waits until his house is completely bereft of food before ordering? Yeah right, pull the other one it has bells on it.
  • Options
    dip_transferdip_transfer Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha Love stories like this, They bloke would probably sit there and starve rather than go to the nearest local shop and stock up on essentials when the delivery didn't turn up.

The " We had nothing to eat at all in the house" Really ? Nothing at all ? Not even Tinned food in the Cupboard ? i find that very hard to believe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He could or else he could be a lazy bugger.

I broke my ankle in the summer and was in plaster for a month but I still managed to get the Nisa for bread and milk every few days
  • Options
    Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    Haha Love stories like this, They bloke would probably sit there and starve rather than go to the nearest local shop and stock up on essentials when the delivery didn't turn up.

The " We had nothing to eat at all in the house" Really ? Nothing at all ? Not even Tinned food in the Cupboard ? i find that very hard to believe.

I can picture him and his family now sitting around a table with empty plates out and forks and knives in their hand and him saying "any moment now".

Is this guy saying that he waits until the fridge and cupboards are completely empty THEN he goes shopping? Hard to believe.
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can picture him and his family now sitting around a table with empty plates out and forks and knives in their hand and him saying "any moment now".

Not even Den Watts could sort it lol
  • Options
    SpouthouseSpouthouse Posts: 1,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have I genuinely just read a newspaper article about a man whose TESCO delivery didn't turn up? Seriously? Whatever next - 'Mrs Brown is given the wrong change at Lloyds the chemist' - the disgusting, thieving b######s.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ha ha :)
  • Options
    Phil OwensPhil Owens Posts: 6,989
    Forum Member

Maybe he doesn't drive and didn't want to pay for a taxi or lug loads of bags on a bus.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil Owens wrote: »
    Maybe he doesn't drive and didn't want to pay for a taxi or lug loads of bags on a bus.

He is 59 so his children must be at least in their teens. Why couldn't they help him.

Anyway who arranges to have food delivered that late at night, when "supposedly" your cupboards are bare?
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well said. When will people learn to keep a stock of 'basics' in their cupboards? We have the same outcry of people 'going without' when there is a problem with cash machines.
    The sky won't fall in if you have to rely for a while on flour or oats or budget pasta, rice etc.

I always ensure I have a minimum of two cans of beans, a tin of soup and some quick Super Noodles. If ever I have difficulty in getting to the shops I can have beans on toast or soup or noodles! I never ever let myself run out of bread or butter or milk either. I always have a loaf in my freezer. I am always telling my sister to keep minimum basics in her cupboard! It falls on deaf ears though!
  • Options
    QT 3.14QT 3.14 Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love how he'd rather have his family sit there hungry rather than order a take-away. What a ****.