Xbox One Community chat

Comments

• Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find my cheap AA batteries probably give me 30-40 hours of usage before I start getting warnings on the screen.
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    I find my cheap AA batteries probably give me 30-40 hours of usage before I start getting warnings on the screen.

Really??? Thats pretty good!!!!!

I tend to switch the pad off even if the machine is on so I suppose that helps!

Might get the charge kit as a a back up. Especially with Christmas a coming. The kids presents will probably eat AA's like popcorn
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jokerz wrote: »
    Really??? Thats pretty good!!!!!

I tend to switch the pad off even if the machine is on so I suppose that helps!

Might get the charge kit as a a back up. Especially with Christmas a coming. The kids presents will probably eat AA's like popcorn

Yup the new controller is really efficient with power despite the extra motors in it.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah. It has a far superior battery life to the PS4 controller (although at least the DualShock4 lasts longer than the Wii U GamePad!).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Yeah. It has a far superior battery life to the PS4 controller (although at least the DualShock4 lasts longer than the Wii U GamePad!).

That is very true. PS4 controller has a shockingly short life span.

I use the Vita portable charger thingy if I'm not near the console.

When you buy Forza 5 new - does it come with any DLC codes or anything as thinking of getting it used?
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is very true. PS4 controller has a shockingly short life span.

I use the Vita portable charger thingy if I'm not near the console.

When you buy Forza 5 new - does it come with any DLC codes or anything as thinking of getting it used?

The Racing Game of the Year edition includes the Top Gear car pack.

1966 Chaparral #66 2E
    2013 Holden #10 Xbox Racing Team Commodore VF
    2013 Audi RS4 Avant
    1980 Renault 5 Turbo
    1999 Lotus Elise Sport
    2011 Ford Transit SuperSportVan
    1998 Nissan R390
    2006 HUMMER H1 Alpha
    2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
    2013 Lexus GS350 F Sport

That's only about 10% of the total number of DLC cars available.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Racing Game of the Year edition includes the Top Gear car pack.

1966 Chaparral #66 2E
    2013 Holden #10 Xbox Racing Team Commodore VF
    2013 Audi RS4 Avant
    1980 Renault 5 Turbo
    1999 Lotus Elise Sport
    2011 Ford Transit SuperSportVan
    1998 Nissan R390
    2006 HUMMER H1 Alpha
    2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
    2013 Lexus GS350 F Sport

That's only about 10% of the total number of DLC cars available.

OK cheers for this.

I think one of the issues that was pointed out at the launch Forza 5 was the cost of all the DLC for the game.

Does it come with 15 tracks or something? If it's quite DLC heavy and only comes with the basic stuff then might just stick to Forza Horizon.
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    OK cheers for this.

I think one of the issues that was pointed out at the launch Forza 5 was the cost of all the DLC for the game.

Does it come with 15 tracks or something? If it's quite DLC heavy and only comes with the basic stuff then might just stick to Forza Horizon.

I can't remember the number of tracks the game has but any additional tracks were added to the game were included as part of free DLC.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK cheers for this.

I think it was 14/15 original tracks. With another 5 added via free download (Spa, Road America, Bathurst, Nurburgring & Long Beach (Bathurst, Nurburgring & Long Beach added more achievements too but you need certain cars from the DLC)).
    I waited for the price to drop on the car pass before I bought it. It is still discounted I think. VIP pass too. So you get over 100 extra cars.
    The base game is still great though. Especially Rivals mode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was 14/15 original tracks. With another 5 added via free download (Spa, Road America, Bathurst, Nurburgring & Long Beach (Bathurst, Nurburgring & Long Beach added more achievements too but you need certain cars from the DLC)).
    I waited for the price to drop on the car pass before I bought it. It is still discounted I think. VIP pass too. So you get over 100 extra cars.
    The base game is still great though. Especially Rivals mode.

Thanks both for your advice. I have just picked it up used.

One other question about it if that's ok?

The cars offered as DLC can you "grind(?)" to unlock the cars or are they only part of the pass?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks both for your advice. I have just picked it up used.

One other question about it if that's ok?

The cars offered as DLC can you "grind(?)" to unlock the cars or are they only part of the pass?

Can't grind for them, no. Some can be bought individually from the store. Usually for the best cars from the packs (e.g. the La Ferrari) you will need the full pack to be bought.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't grind for them, no. Some can be bought individually from the store. Usually for the best cars from the packs (e.g. the La Ferrari) you will need the full pack to be bought.

Ok thank you everyone. I have bought the game used and got the car pass thingy.

Going to also download the free cars I've just seen on the store.

Should keep me busy for a while :D
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, I eventually bought a 360 (was ps3 last gen!). Any games I need to play?! Although it's probably not gonna be until after new year until I get a chance to play it anyway as I have so much backlog on X1 (Middle-Eart, Evil Within, GTA V and Unity as well as finishing WWE 2K15... and then UFC through EA Access... too much to do!)
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    So, I eventually bought a 360 (was ps3 last gen!). Any games I need to play?! Although it's probably not gonna be until after new year until I get a chance to play it anyway as I have so much backlog on X1 (Middle-Eart, Evil Within, GTA V and Unity as well as finishing WWE 2K15... and then UFC through EA Access... too much to do!)

Darksiders2 ... It was free last month via GFG & I forgot to download it so had ta buy a copy from Amazon! 👏
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    Darksiders2 ... It was free last month via GFG & I forgot to download it so had ta buy a copy from Amazon! 👏

Already played on Wii U! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Already played on Wii U! :D

So have I! ;-) (but it's worth playing again for the achievements! ... Amazing game!) :D

PS, send me a PP invite will ya! ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    So have I! ;-) (but it's worth playing again for the achievements! ... Amazing game!) :D

PS, send me a PP invite will ya! ;)

I feel like such a n00b..... but PP?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like such a n00b..... but PP?!

X1 preview program! ;-) :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Found a game breaking bug in Mordor :(! like 6hours in. It says I haven't killed a warchiefs bodyguards, which I have. As a result, they don't spawn, unless I try to kill the warchief and in that case, they spawn making it impossible for me to kill the warchief (as both of their abilities call guards, so I'm like 30-to-1 in mere seconds.

Anyone encountered this? :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've registered both my X1 & 360 serial numbers with that microsoft service centre so hopefully I'll get into the preview program now! 😊
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Found a game breaking bug in Mordor :(! like 6hours in. It says I haven't killed a warchiefs bodyguards, which I have. As a result, they don't spawn, unless I try to kill the warchief and in that case, they spawn making it impossible for me to kill the warchief (as both of their abilities call guards, so I'm like 30-to-1 in mere seconds.

Anyone encountered this? :(

Game still bugged, but I managed to find a way around it by stalking the warchief for nearly 25 minutes until he was near a camp fire. One of the officers' weaknesses was fire and the other could be instantly killed by a steal finisher. So I blew it up, took 1 captain to 50% health and the instantly killed the other. Was a pain in the ass.......
  • Jon McManamyJon McManamy Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    Anyone else having problems installing games? i just bought an xbox one today and i can't install any of my games :/
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    Anyone else having problems installing games? i just bought an xbox one today and i can't install any of my games :/

What speed is you internet connection as this can have quite a big impact on the install time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gds1972 wrote: »
    What speed is you internet connection as this can have quite a big impact on the install time.

I've got a 50MB connection and install/download times on XB1 games do seem quite long. Also installs from disc seem to take a fair bit of time as well for some reason :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Disc based? Should automatically start the install when you insert the disc. Best way is to install offline and then reconnect and let the updates download in the background when you're doing something else/overnight. The X1 will d/l updates first then install the game. Which is why there seems to be little or no movement on the progress bar initially.

Digital depends on your BB speed and whether or not there is a problem with Live. (those God-damn Lizard People :D)