NetFlick

i maybe the million person to ask but is it worth the money
can you watch the films on your laptop

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With your mouse, click on the scroll bar in this very forum and drag down until you get to threads titled Netflix. Click on the threads to read them.

Any problems, let me know.
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can use the trial to see if it suits you and yes you can watch films on your laptop, but you have to install silverlight.

The British version of Netflix is getting better, but still misses a lot out, it is just about worth the cost, but using Unblock us makes it great. Saying that I starting to watch waking the dead as i never watched it before.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Is it worth it?
    Well I suppose it all depends on how you look at it.
    A boxset of 24 can cost anything between £8.95-£14.95 for each season, for £5.99 you've got access to all 8 seasons which depending on your lifestyle you could watch the whole lot for £5.99.
    On top of that you've got access to many other shows and films and as mentioned above by using methods to access the US content you have even more choice.
  • neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its not a bad service and is cheap enough, I prefer netflix to lovefilm.
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is my main video entertainment now, with the odd disk from lovefilm. Certainly enough on the British part to keep me going for a while.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have both Netflix and LoveFilm instant and use Netflix a lot more. I like it, lots to work through... (though I've recently been plagued with stuff getting stuck during loading and not actually playing for ages... bit random, used to be practically instant...)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    depends if you enjoy browsing all day to find new content.

i cancelled my account because you cant que things up to watch and you cant browse by date uploaded.
  • welshsarahwelshsarah Posts: 5,082
    Forum Member
    thank you
  • LOSGLOSG Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Content aside Netflix does my head in, when streaming on my laptop the audio and picture never fails to go out of sync. Irritating to the max.
  • wakeywakey Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOSG wrote: »
    Content aside Netflix does my head in, when streaming on my laptop the audio and picture never fails to go out of sync. Irritating to the max.

Sounds like a problem with your Internet or laptop. Haven't had a sync issue once myself.

Only issue I have is that on my Laptop it won't stay in full screen when the window loses focus. My desktop and every other computer I've tried pop up a request to set that Silverlight option for netflix but my laptop won't. Even adding it manually via the registry doesn't work. It does however let me set that option on Lovefilm and Silverlight.net on the same laptop.
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another vote for Netflix here, get access to the US version as well if you can (Unblock-us) as they have waaaaay more content.